Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it?

+8
Koa Boa
Babooze
Nic Barca
kimo
HYPA
AK Andy
UpFront
Fletch73
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it?

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 am

Rajah dat Nic, Papaya is a very good natural tenderizer or the enzymes are any ways but its what I learned from my Granpa and Dad as well. Also you might have figured out or listened to your friend dem but too long in the Papaya and you'll get mush Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin 1/2 hr to and hour is plenty!

When I was younger I remember one time I figure I be sly and kick it up a notch wit da Papaya. I figured damn if dat much make um this tender then dis much going make um betta LOL!!! Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol The worst part is I figure I leave um soak longer hahahahaha well live and learn thats why hard LOL!!! The meat wouldnt even stay on the hook was so soft Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_lol was funny we just when dry some in da dry box and fry up da rest was winna's Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .

In the past I have also cubed some green papaya and added that to the marinade and watch the meat and check um when I would huli the meat. I usually try soak um 3-4 days and huli um twice a day once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening. Ive also experimented with making puree with the papaya and adding to the marinade this works very well just gotta get um right for the amount of marinade you using.

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it?

Post  Misadventure Gear Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:26 am

Damn........All this talk of recipies stay make me hungry. I'm gonna have to go hunt some goat soon now......
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HOG WILD Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am

Brudda Muns, The tender quick is found here on the Island,if you want some I'll send some to you.Just give me a call if you still get my number.
Yeh Andy,can't wait till you get here to.Will really do some hunting the way it should be done.The way we did our smoking in the mountain was with a roll of tin foil rapped around a square frame made with Waiwi branches and log strips of meat draped over waiwi branches also.The fallen ohia was probably one of the best if not the best woulds to smoke.If not Guava or Waiwi would work also.I can remember camping in Kokee when I was young and curing the meat that we caught by smoking it that way.

Aloha,Robert C.

"SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S"

HOG WILD
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Howzit Bradda Rhino, LOL!!! I no joke you my bradda man I can smell dat bugga in the smoker already Goat meat...what's the best way to prepare it? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin !!! Now just gotta wait for the season to start!

Howzit Bradda Rob, Mahalo for the kind gesture I go try see if I can find um down here if no can i'll for sure call you up. Much Mahalo's!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HOG WILD Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 am

Shoots Brudda Muns,Got so hungry for goat with all the talk.Went walk to a place I neva go in 20 yrs. Very Happy .No had goats,but had some good memories Very Happy .Call if you need um.

Aloha,Robert C.

"SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S"

HOG WILD
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Fletch73 Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Woah!! That's awesome!! Thanks for all the advice, I'm dying here at work, you guys are making me hungry!! I'm definately stoked for the goat now, already day-dreaming about the hunt. Thanks again and hopefully I'll hook up and share some grilled goat!!
Scott

Fletch73
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2