Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden of the Gods

3 posters

Go down

Garden of the Gods Empty Garden of the Gods

Post  northshore Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 pm

This has nothing to do with hunting, but I know some hunters might have been out there before and might be able to help.

Can someone tell me how big the boulders get out there? We're into bouldering (rock climbing w/o ropes) and based on the pictures I've seen, it looks like there's some potential out there. Mahalo!

Not expecting anything as big as in the picture below.

Garden of the Gods 3803494775_94afe0136d

northshore
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Garden of the Gods Empty Re: Garden of the Gods

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Get plenty other rocks to play spider man on! The area has historical significance to the Hawaiian people.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  northshore Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Jusacruzah wrote:Get plenty other rocks to play spider man on! The area has historical significance to the Hawaiian people.

Bouldering or "playing spider man" doesn't do any damage to the rock. I don't understand what your concern is.

northshore
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Copied and pasted from
http://www.gohawaii.com/lanai/regions-neighborhoods/north-lanai/keahiakawelo

"According to Hawaiian lore, this windswept landscape is the result of a contest between two kahuna (priests) from Lanai and Molokai. Each was challenged to keep a fire burning on their respective island longer than the other, and the winner's island would be rewarded with great abundance. The Lanai kahuna, Kawelo, used every piece of vegetation in Keahiakawelo to keep his fire burning, which is why this area is so barren today."

It is KAPU to disturb the rocks, I believe hanging from them will be considered disturbing. One of my other hobbies is throwing net and I encounter a bunch of sacred areas while cruising. Please respect as I have been taught to! Mahalo!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  northshore Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Jusacruzah wrote:Copied and pasted from
http://www.gohawaii.com/lanai/regions-neighborhoods/north-lanai/keahiakawelo

"According to Hawaiian lore, this windswept landscape is the result of a contest between two kahuna (priests) from Lanai and Molokai. Each was challenged to keep a fire burning on their respective island longer than the other, and the winner's island would be rewarded with great abundance. The Lanai kahuna, Kawelo, used every piece of vegetation in Keahiakawelo to keep his fire burning, which is why this area is so barren today."

It is KAPU to disturb the rocks, I believe hanging from them will be considered disturbing. One of my other hobbies is throwing net and I encounter a bunch of sacred areas while cruising. Please respect as I have been taught to! Mahalo!

Mahalo for sharing

northshore
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

No Problem! Thank you for asking first, I'm glad we could save you some unwanted trouble.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm

NorthShore- It spiked my interests so I Googled Bouldering In Hawaii and it seems you're in the location with the most sites. Interesting! I thought it was just something we did as kids like climb trees! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  northshore Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Jusacruzah wrote:NorthShore- It spiked my interests so I Googled Bouldering In Hawaii and it seems you're in the location with the most sites. Interesting! I thought it was just something we did as kids like climb trees! Laughing

Glad you checked it out. It's a pretty big sport on the mainland and it's been growing here on the Islands. Here's a few pics from a spot out on the westside of Oahu: http://www.unrealhawaii.com/2011/04/the-arch/ We're always looking for new spots and restrictions imposed by the military, state or other is often a problem.

northshore
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm

That's some crazy stuff, Thank you for sharing!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:28 am

TRUE DAT CRAZZZZYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum