Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DK Flatwoods Camo

+5
HYPA
UpFront
Misadventure Gear
Kauai808
david@dkflatwoods.net
9 posters

Go down

DK Flatwoods Camo Empty DK Flatwoods Camo

Post  david@dkflatwoods.net Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Anyone know any good hunting stores in Hawai? I am trying to get our camo out in the Hawaiian Islands...if anyone gets a chance check out our website and tell me how you think it will work down in your neck of the woods. Right now we pretty much sell our camo in Florida. Let me know what ya think! www.dkflatwoods.net
david@dkflatwoods.net
david@dkflatwoods.net
Piglet
Piglet

http://www.dkflatwoods.net

Back to top Go down

DK Flatwoods Camo Empty Re: DK Flatwoods Camo

Post  Kauai808 Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 am

What islands? all? That camo looks nice. I wouldn't mind trying that. Only one store and its a cross between a hunting shop and an ABC store. Waipouli Variety. 808=822=1014. aloha. Oh i'm on Kauai.
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am

That pattern looks alot like one of my aloha shirts...... Laughing

As far as hunting stores here? We ain't got a lot, but there is Island Archer in Oahu, J. Hara on the Big Island, J's Archery on Maui, maybe a few gun stores......a lot us do mail order.

Your pattern would be good for guys hunting in the thick jungle and wet sides of the islands. I don't think it will work well in the dry leeward sides though.......too green where one needs desert browns.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 am

make it UV -free and I'll wear it. Otherwise it's just another camo pattern.
Does it come with a voucher for a free coconut rum drink? Smile
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 am

yea wet land probably the best for that pattern..make it brown with a kiawe tree then would be perfect for waianae Very Happy .......and kinda blur the pattern to blend the sharp edges ....you might be able to get it into some locale store but the mark up would be outrageous...you better off just marketing it on the web here in hawaii
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  nshunter Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:34 am

Look like would work if you hunting from one Pakalolo patch! Laughing
nshunter
nshunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

DK Flatwoods Camo Empty AAALOHA O'E ALOHA O'E..................until we meet again.

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 am

First off........ lol! ...........let me stop.......... lol! ...........wait............ lol! ..........oh man! Sorry guys!

aaahem! whew!

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty. I honestly think that the pattern is too small and detailed for anywhere I hunt. I hunt alot of open type spaces and I think from a distance it would look like a solid dark shirt with very minimal breakup. Also open space areas here have more earth tones like browns, greys, black and even lighter greens. A more open type pattern would be great. Detailed limbs/leaves would be great,but not a whole lot.
It could however be used in the lush forested areas here, but so could alot of other types of camo, even the old military issue woodlands do well in the thick stuff.
Running the hounds perhaps? Forget about it. Unecessary.
2 cents Very Happy
ALOHAZ - MAUKAKANE1
p.s- I LOVE the responses......... lol! ...........thanks............ lol! ............I........... lol! ..........needed that!!!!!!
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

DK Flatwoods Camo Empty DK flatwoods

Post  AK Andy Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Man I LMAO at the Pakalolo patch comment - It'd be PERFECT for that for sure!
I've been looking for a couple years at that same camo pattern, sold from FL website RAzorback outfitters store, I've been thinking it's perfect for the wet swampy palmetto frond areas down in FL, and I think it would work really well in some of he wetter jungle spots on Kauai, mostly for up a treestand to hide in the leaves, no need for it when pushin the bush with the dogs with orange T-shirt and all. But I totally agree it's too bright green for the lee side of the island and even up NaPali way where browns and tans better. Less water there, so dry so less bright green needed. Only shop I know might want to try sell some is Waipouli Variety Store in Kapa'a, Kauai. It's more green around Kapaa and on up to northshore. I think not a huge market there, but maybe on other HI islands for areas like the guys say "not on the lee side" because it's dry there. I am always searchin for the best camo patterns for all the places huntable, like someone said-UV is important too, I see patterns like this one popular in New Zealand- you might find a good market for it there too.
I always thought that was a nice looking pattern to use in the right location for it's green.
Good luck,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

DK Flatwoods Camo Empty Re: what was our pig count for 2009???

Post  bakeplus34pu Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 am

To me it looks like a big green firework just went blow up. I'm not sure I'd ever find an application for it here, but maybe turkey hunting in the Florida wet lands.

Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down