Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your spots

+9
UpFront
Koa Boa
hog killahz inc.
wessider
w
Kauai Boy
HYPA
alikaf
CAVE CANEM
13 posters

Go down

Your spots Empty Your spots

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:16 am

Howzit again guys! I took my dogs down south yesterday and while I was out there I ran into a guy driving a silver Dodge that was working the forest above me and I guess on his way down the mountain saw my truck so decided to sit there and wait to see who I was so we could talk stories! Well I happened to be on my way out at the perfect time as he just pulled up. Everything seemed cool as we were talking bout the dogs and the day until he asked where I was from, I told him Kona and he got this troubled look on his face and told me why don't I stay down Kona side and how he has been hunting HIS spot for 20 years and that he has noticed alot of "young punks" running their shitty dogs here lately! I stood there and let him get all his frustrations out and then asked him with 6 forests that allow dogs if he knew of any that someone hadn't claimed yet, Which just about set him off! I'm guessing he had a bad day and saw me as a good oppurtunity to vent on but I just wanted to put it out there on the board that not everyone has "hookups" on private land and if your spot is on public land it is no secret! Right?? Or am I missing something?

This guy really bunched my panties up and I am still diggin um out today but I gaurantee I going be back down at MY spot real soon! Let me know how you guys would have dealt with this please cause I am just glad I was able to stay level headed while he said his piece and then left because the more I sit at home today and think about it the more it gets me Twisted Evil Stay safe braddahs!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Your spots Empty Re: Your spots

Post  alikaf Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 am

wright on bro.... i got to say your a pretty humble bradd...i would never take that from anyone, he wouldn't be talking if he said that to me..... i know this one hunter that thinks the same way, he feel jus because he been hunting be for everyone, so he thinks. he thinks that mililani is his....... well i guess thats the way some people are, i think mabe they fell that way about other hunter, maybe they should give up the hunting,, HUNTING SHOULD BE A HAPPY SPORT, THAT U SHARE THE TIME WITH PEOPLE U CARE ABOUT, LIKE YOUR KIDS... SHOWING THEM THE NICE MONTAINS THAT THE GOOD LORD MADE, FOR EVERYONE TO SHARE.......... NOT JUS ONE GRUMPY HUNTER THAT THINK HE KNOWS IT ALL........... thats all i had to say, i know others mite think otherwise, but thats how i feel..... aloha, alika flores
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 am

On an island you cant be like that , if you are then youll be spending more time stressing than relaxing always woundering who is in "my spot"...lol... hey show me the deed with your name on it and ill leave it be if not get used to seeing me there
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks for the replies guys! I am jusacruzah in my hunting style and my attitude towards life in general so it didn't really bother me to have this run in with him and actually hope that I run into him again. The thing that got me heated was more that he downed my dogs than the fact he wanted to stake his claim to the mountain. I actually hope to talk to him again and maybe get him to allow me to follow him through "his spot" because I am just cruising into the forest and then angling back towards the road! (Cutting my own trail) Small kine jus going and learning along with my dogs! Laughing Well I am out for the night guys! Take it easy!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 am

Hahaha...If was me, i would've told him that he don't own that public hunting property and he better watch what he say and how he say it to me cause he really don't know me. People gotta watch who they like punk out, not everybody is nice and calm like Jusacruzah the islands is too small to be punking out people. Shocked Twisted Evil .
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  w Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

w

Last edited by w on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

w
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 pm

FLOOR UM wrote:any body got their tiers slashed. i did in kahuku. i have had other hunters tell me if they see any hunters trucks near their spots say goodbye to their tiers and lights. personaly i think thats chicken shit and that the comments are actualy aimed at me.this offends me i work hard for everything i have and when im done playing in the mountains it pisses me off when i gotta call for help cuzz some chicken shit haters like flat my tiers sad so sad to think that it could have been one of my own hunting buds cuz thats the ones who are talking that shit. i dont know who did it. that alone pisses me off even more.but i have better tiers now that i worked hard for. he that does things like that you not hunters your a damm hater and ungreatful for what you already have you only want more damm vampiers. show aloha we live in paradise sheesh

same thing happen to us before up palisades,went in one night came out wit one nice boar and never noticed da windshield was all buss,come to find out we wasn't da only ones dat got hit from dis punk.but i heard one of da old timers up dea saw who dat was but i dunno.good luck to all

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Isn't hunting a sport? guys who do all this chicken s**t kind of stuff and cry about huntahz being in their grounds just cannot handle having to work more hard for catch a pig. jusacruzah you did the smart thing and i give you a lot of credit for jus letting him go. cause you know what i mean this is now 2010, and it seems like everybody wants to hunt nowadays so either you adjust to the competition and have fun hunting and being in the mountain catch or no catch, or quit if you cannot handle because CRY BABIES SUCK!
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 am

Right on Cruzah good on you my bradda. Maybe this guy had a run in with some jacka$$ and now takes it out on any other younger hunta he may see up there. KB is right can't jus punking people that's asking for trouble.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:04 am

Howzit Muns! As most everyone knows Hawaii is a small state and Big Island is an even smaller part of it! After talking stories with a few guys I have a pretty good idea of who the guy is and that he has found the trouble he craves so bad on more then a few occasions! So I guess he isn't someone that I would wanna be in the forests with to begin with. Stay safe guys and good luck!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 am

Is the guy from Naalehu by chance?
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:28 pm

From what I been told NO! Laughing He just recently moved to Ocean View and has been causing trouble for quite a while and claiming the Ka'u reserve as his own!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Ah Lose Money den this guy! If he li'dat then he deserves no respect at all!!!! Goodluck on your future hunts down south!!!

Aloha Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hawgandawg Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Howzit, Jusacruzah! Sorry to hear you are getting hassles. Also sad to hear that the guys on Oahu are vandalizing vehicles. What a shame. No one "OWNS" the forest...

If somebody beat you to the forest one day, next time wake up earlier to get to the forest first. I'm not the only one that hunts the area I go to. On more than one occasion, I've either showed up first or showed up last, and in all the instances, there was no hum-bug. Once, I just used a different trail in the same general area, another time I just took my dogs some where else, and the last time it happened, the other guy showed up after me, so he decided to hunt somewhere else. You gotta respect each other.

It's sad that you have to worry if someone is vandalizing your vehicle while you are in the forest. Replacing vehicle parts ain't cheap. To the guys that pull this type of crap, what comes around goes around, if it happens to you, don't wonder why... Karma is a bi+@h...

So how is the puppy coming along? I decided to keep the male brindle that is the same color as the one you chose.
hawgandawg
hawgandawg
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 am

jusacruzer, what the guy did was wrong but at least he didn't slash your tires behind your back. Good job keeping a level head. Hopefully you never see the guy again but if you do. It is your spot, and everyone elses, not just his.

Some (bad word) wrote some shit on my window when I used to surf moss landing in northern cal. I looked everyone over in the parking lot and no one would even look at me. It was like everyone knew who did it. Would rather have then say it to my face.

We all gotta respect each other to everyone reading this. where does it get you to slash tires. What if it was your tires? you gotta pay for that man.

What is the golden rule:

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 am

Mahalo for the responses guys! Howzit Hawgandawg! She is doing good and getting bigger everyday! The only pic I get of her right now is about a month old but you can see a difference from when I picked her up. She's still a bit clumsy but getting better!
Your spots DSC03402-1
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Took an updated pic of her today playing with her new toy! Laughing
Your spots DSC03458
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hui-Laho-Nui Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 am

Howzit Isaac! how's wehi doin? good to hear u chancing other spots. It's too bad dis kind shit happens! It's jus WRONG!!! U kno what i do when i see one truck in "MY" spot...................I say "F*%#!!!!!" n sit there for a minute while i think of my next spot n make a mental note to not hit da snooze button next time! Where i hunt (public lands), there's no guarantee to "YOUR SPOT". So far i've been blessed by meeting only good braddahz out dea. Perhaps da OLD TIMAH neva complete da hunter education course or his elders neva teach him any appropriate hunting etiquette. HYPA had da best theory by saying, unless proven that the land is yours get used to seeing me there. Personally, I have manners and more importantly I have ALOHA! Cool How about we all take turns hunting HIS spot until no moa pig at all den we c where he goin claim next.

A HUI HOU,

Varner
Hui-Laho-Nui
Hui-Laho-Nui
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 am

Eh Jusacruzah,
Good response to the situation! Sometimes when da baby crying, no need carry or feed em, they just feel like crying, eh let em cry he going get tired and go moi moi on his own. Unless da daipah is full of shit then gotta change, no!
Eh he's a flea on da back of da dog. biting and making things itch. If they start to multiply and get out of hand. No worries. We get da dip fo dat.

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:45 am

Howzit Varner! Wehi is doing good, She is actually staying down in Naalehu now with family as more of a pet for now. ALL of the spots I hit up were all shown to me by someone or I just found a good spot to park the truck and walk a loop into the forest so I really couldn't claim a spot if I wanted to. I really think this braddah was just mad cause his dogs hit a runner and couldn't get um stopped ( I heard his dogs hit but when he came down he said he never catch) so when he saw me he figure it was a good oppurtunity to vent. If you ever like run the dogs down that side just let me know and I sure we can set something up!

Thank you Maukakane1! Terminix comes with a gaurantee! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 am

OOOOOOUUURYTE! pig Twisted Evil pig Evil or Very Mad pig Shocked pig Very Happy

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1