Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colors

+11
gimmehoni
Kauai Boy
moosehead
Koa Boa
wessider
MANOA HOG HUNTAH
CAVE CANEM
MAUKAKANE1
kimo
UpFront
HYPA
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Colors Empty Colors

Post  HYPA Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm

New thread what collor pigs do you get excited over? and if you have any picts of some funky looking ones post em, me i like my grays and silvers they just look ghostly I like reds also but dont get to excited as i do when i catch the greys how about you guys
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Colors Empty Re: Colors

Post  UpFront Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Black and hairy just like my women. affraid nah nah for real, the jet black and real hairy ones do it for me.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Shoot i would be so stoked with any good size colored pig. I only catch good size black kine. CAught some colored piglets but i dont count those. THe biggest one was a 30 lb boar red with black spots and i was pretty excited about that one and now come to think of it my first pig i caught when i first started my own pack was a blonde boar 15lb undressed piglet lol Very Happy . I also had my chance a few months later with a nice big white boar but my 10 month pup never seen a white pig before and she got suprised as she ran right up to him while he was beded then got whacked off the side of the mountain as he got up in one motion a ran her over. I had my 30-30 in hand but was shoked with what i just saw, it happen so fast from the dog running up to the pig, the pig getting up and running her over and dissappearing into the guavas, I couldnt even get a shot off. Damn could of had um. Then the following week Kaleo went catch um one ridge over and was one nice buggah. Hopefully my first good size colored one going be big enough for go straight on the wall. I got a space waiting for that MONSTAH.Cheee. I'm ready. Bring um on.
kimo
kimo
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Colors Empty Da Hapa kine !!

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Alohaz Hypa,
Some Calacoas is always nice.

[img]Colors 010-1-1[/img]
White,black,grey (blue)

[img]Colors 0662-1[/img]
Brownish blonde,white,black[img]Colors IMG_0021Brassy,white,black
[img]Colors IMG_0005[/img]Grey,white,black

[img]Colors 014-1[/img]
MRS. MAUKAKANE1
Black,grey,brown,white

[img]Colors 0642[/img]
My nephew packin. CCHHEEEHOOO!
Blue,black & white.

ALOHA - MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Kalakoas and Reds have always caught my eye but I really don't have a favorite but I have also never caught a Grey so I would defiantely get wet if I did! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 pm

whooooooo nice hogs gotta love dem colors heres a couple that got me hypa, upfront i like the black hairy ones too!!!lol Very Happy but the blonds are more fun!! Laughing

black and silver
Colors Silver10
all grey with red tips
Colors Halawa10
silver

Colors Silver11

black and siver again
Colors Holdin10

blond
Colors Kauloa10
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  MANOA HOG HUNTAH Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 am

Colors DSC01421

like those silver/greys !!
MANOA HOG HUNTAH
MANOA HOG HUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 am

hoa dat is niiiice looks like one old airdale!!!!!lol, nice hogs guys !!!
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 am

kimo wrote:Shoot i would be so stoked with any good size colored pig. I only catch good size black kine. CAught some colored piglets but i dont count those. THe biggest one was a 30 lb boar red with black spots and i was pretty excited about that one and now come to think of it my first pig i caught when i first started my own pack was a blonde boar 15lb undressed piglet lol Very Happy . I also had my chance a few months later with a nice big white boar but my 10 month pup never seen a white pig before and she got suprised as she ran right up to him while he was beded then got whacked off the side of the mountain as he got up in one motion a ran her over. I had my 30-30 in hand but was shoked with what i just saw, it happen so fast from the dog running up to the pig, the pig getting up and running her over and dissappearing into the guavas, I couldnt even get a shot off. Damn could of had um. Then the following week Kaleo went catch um one ridge over and was one nice buggah. Hopefully my first good size colored one going be big enough for go straight on the wall. I got a space waiting for that MONSTAH.Cheee. I'm ready. Bring um on.
yea saw pictures of dat blondie,he caught 2 nice boaz dat night and only him and his fren went.i think both was unda 100 pounds not sure,but dey both had crankaz especially da blondy

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am

Ever since I can remember the grey/blue/silver/hinahina color boars always was my favorites.

But to be honest anything outside of the common black gets me excited because its just not something we see very often.

I havent caught alot but I really like Ehu color pigs as well they look almost orange color. Mongoose color kine, black n whites, red n blacks, Blondes, Whites, and anykine mix looks good to me man I like um all but as you said I do have my fave's Colors Icon_biggrin

Also Kaipolo n Waiahole boars have a nice mixture to them kinda remind me of the eurasian mixes.

And finally theres one that along with the pure whites and I mean WHITE like a sheet of paper white (albino action) that ive only caught a very few of in my lifetime that was very special to me when we caught them was the Chocolate color. I would say this one is my all time favorite but because it aint very common I stick to the greys which is my next choice Colors Icon_biggrin

BTW, AWESOME PICS guys keep um comin'

Aloha's,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

For me I'd have to say that hamshire color kine sets it off.the kine where the white stripe starts from the front left leg and wraps around to the right leg.we like to call them Oreos.I'll try to post some pictures laterz of some off color kine I've caught.aloha and be safe!!!!
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 am

whats up muns ,Hell ya the chocolate ones are rare come to think of it I can only remember catching one in my whole time of hunting and remember it was in the back of lucky 7 and I remember this cuz it was the worst night I have ever spent in the mountain....rainy and 1 dog maki and noone had flashlight...bunch of baboooses
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:51 am

I like the Redish ehu color kine. I hardly ever catch one and when i do it's not a mounter. I still like catch one that i can mount. As for the grey color kine, i've caught some nice ones but i really wanna catch and mount a ehu/red dirt color boar with some nice ivories. FYI the New Zealand guys call the grey kine "Blues".
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  gimmehoni Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:59 am

heres 2 red pigs i caught

Colors Red111

Colors Red211

pig pig

gimmehoni
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  mauiboarhuntaz Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 am

Colors 242_214

mauiboarhuntaz
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:07 am

HYPA wrote:whats up muns ,Hell ya the chocolate ones are rare come to think of it I can only remember catching one in my whole time of hunting and remember it was in the back of lucky 7 and I remember this cuz it was the worst night I have ever spent in the mountain....rainy and 1 dog maki and noone had flashlight...bunch of baboooses

Yeah Rajah dat my bradda heres a pic of my Dad back in the day with a 200+ pound chocolate boar I for get the exact weight but I no for sure it was over 200 pounds. Da Dogs caught cracks from this one sorry but cant really tell the color too good in this pic its OLD Colors Icon_biggrin .
Colors DSC017291

I'll just post some pics that I had handy, had to take pics of pics cuz I dont have a scanner Colors Icon_sad Colors Icon_biggrin hope the pics come out:
Colors DSC017261

Colors DSC017111
Colors DSC017172
Colors DSC017161
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 am

Couple more:

Colors DSC017081
Colors DSC01703
Colors DSC017041
Colors DSC016951
Colors DSC01693
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 am

Some ehu kine:

Colors DSC01692
Colors DSC01688
Colors DSC01680
Colors DSC01679
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

Munsta that ehu color pig on the top of the second set of pics you posted is what i talkin bout. One like that with some mean ivories is what i like mount.
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Colors Empty LOVE DEM REDHEADS!

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 am

Bradda Muns,
Nice,nice,nice! Love the ehu one, dat buggah look almost orange! affraid cherry. Very Happy
Alohaz - MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  mauiboarhuntaz Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 am

Colors 110

mauiboarhuntaz
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Colors Empty RE: COLORS

Post  PORKHUNGRY Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 am

Howzit Bradda Chris,
Me I like da the bolohead kine its da spookie lookin dats nuts What a Face. Alsio some grey, red, black & white onez!!!

Colors Big_bo11

Colors Blondi11

Colors Kalako10
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:26 pm

mongoose and speckled face pigs are pretty killah. caught one 70lbs sow in makaha was black with grey speckles on her face, that was pretty nuts for me first time i saw that.
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:45 pm

Howzit Bradda Timmy, Yeah man I know, I shoulda mounted that one his tusk wasnt that big think was like 2 3/4" but was nice and thick. But just his coloration was really nice oh well live and learn probly never catch one like that again Colors Icon_sad

Bradda J, Like your Title "Love Dem Redheads" Colors Icon_biggrin Thats a good one!

In my experience Maui is da handsdown winner for red/ehu color pigs in fact I can remember only a couple pigs we caught that was black the rest was either red/ehu color or a mix of colors with blonde color kine being the most common. Again this is just my opinion from my own experience.

Also it seems that certain areas has a tendency to have certain color kine where others may not even on a given island. I know places that if you catch pig I would say 98% will be grey/silver color kine. And other places the dominant color is black but you catch colorcoa kine often enough to say that they aint really uncommon in that area. Just the odds I guess of catching something different is against us for the most part here on Oahu as Black is the dominant color.

Couple more:
Colors 18937Albino_Boar_2
Albino Boar, he had pink eyes an all this boar was a trip shoulda mount him too but both his tusk was broken.
Colors 18937New_Image4
I think alot of you have seen this pic below but if not here it is again
Colors 18937142_pack_on_landing

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Muns-That boar with your wife has some nice thick tusks! Shocked That is one solid boar!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next