Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone cold still or How close was that moose?

+3
K KAINOA KENNELS
gotblika
Turkey Joe
7 posters

Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty Stone cold still or How close was that moose?

Post  Turkey Joe Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Check this out. It's amazing. This one made me think of braddah AK Andy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfgGNC3fkE
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty Re: Stone cold still or How close was that moose?

Post  gotblika Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 pm

WOW..... First thing I thought was holy sh!lt she has a calf.

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty Re: Stone cold still or How close was that moose?

Post  K KAINOA KENNELS Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 am

Shocked THAT IS WHEN I SAY SUCKS TO BE YOU...... Embarassed affraid IF WAS ME I WOULD BE SHOOTING AND RUNNING BACKWARDS Laughing Laughing

K KAINOA KENNELS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeplus34pu Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 am

Awesome video! I think I would have wet myself!

Thanks for sharing.

Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty CLOSE ENCOUNTER OF THE BULLWINKLE KIND!!

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 am

Alohaz Turkey Joe.
Eh, that was a good heads up man! He must be the Saint Francis of Asissi in the bowhunting world (cue the harps and parting clouds). I like how the cow came up and sniffed the "MIGHTY BROADHEAD" as if it was a flower or something. I bet he threw away that pair of underwear before the hunt was over LOL!!
Good one.

Alohaz
MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty Close Encounter Cow

Post  AK Andy Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:00 am

Howzit Turkey Joe?
I remember checking out that video a year or so ago - some guy up by Fairbanks. I bowhunted a nice big cow like that one before- but I shot from the safety of a treestand.
One time I was sitting on the ground and resting and all hot and tired in mid day, taking a rest but I had just broken a large branch, so I thought I'd cover up the noise I had made by making the call of a bull moose grunt. I called and then sat there with a quart water bottle tipped up and quenching my thirst when a cow moose came running in, I was sitting on my ass leaning against a sapling tree with a huge cow moose towering over me just 5 feet away- she could have easily stomped me. Full camo and blue lid on a Nalgen water bottle. Then in came her calf running up behind her. There I sat literally petrified, not even capable of blinking one eye, sweat dripping down my forehead, water bottle all tipped up and I glanced over to look about 3 feet away to my rifle as it was leaned against a tree, a lot of no good it did for protection while sitting over there. Luckily a few seconds later the cow was looking right over me and she got kind of spooked by not seeing the bull she thought was there and she ran off the way she came with her calf in tow. I will never forget that experience. I could talk moose story all day, I eat a lot of moose and have called a bunch of them in, had to kill bear in self defense once but not a moose, moose killed people a few times I know of. One ticked off cow will do a dance on your head and Braddah it's GAME OVER! That guy in the video was really lucky.
Aloha,
Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Yeah I saw that video about a year ago too. Going to alaska to bowhunt moose is definately my top dream hunt. But, unless I find a way to do it on a budget, DIY, it's gonna stay a dream. I saw one outfitter wanted $10,000 just for a bull moose tag. Not including bush plane, lodging fees, caping fees etc. Rolling Eyes
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Stone cold still or How close was that moose? Empty close encounters with moose

Post  AK Andy Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 am

Howzit MauiRhino?
I sent you a PM.
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down