Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one man crew...

+13
Kauai Boy
wessider
Paulo
hog killahz inc.
kalekoaboy
K KAINOA KENNELS
crazy dogs mean hogs
hog428
PORKHUNGRY
huntahs incorperated
Koa Boa
CAVE CANEM
alikaf
17 posters

Go down

one man crew... Empty one man crew...

Post  alikaf Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 am

just wanted to know if theirs other hunter out there that hunt on their own out there?? just wanna know whos' the solo runners........... the past 2 months i've been asked "who do u hunt with?", and when i tell them i hunt bye my self, they think iam crazy.
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

one man crew... Empty RUNUMHARD

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:21 am

Howzit Alikaf! I been trying to keep my dogs in the bush at least twice a week lately and on a few occasions the guys I usually go with haven't been able to make it and I HAD TO go! Laughing It definately is safer to have more then 1 head in a situation but some times you just gotta go or at least I do! Laughing Be safe and good luck!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

one man crew... Empty Re: one man crew...

Post  Koa Boa Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 am

Slowed way down doing that but once in a while I'll go solo I just love the mountains and being there is just like therapy for me. Some people think im nuts as well work all week in da mountains den back all weekend in da mountains LOL!!! 7 days a week AU'RYTE!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntahs incorperated Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:20 am

i go bymyself to meditate too brada aliks...hanappaaaa lattely.?
huntahs incorperated
huntahs incorperated
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 am

caught a 65lbs sow 2day... hit the boar one hour after, but u know he got away!!! lol i like to call that one the hi and bye...........
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

one man crew... Empty RE

Post  PORKHUNGRY Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 am

SUP Alika how u been see dat u pounding some pigs.Me i hunt solo moa betta no moa problems just me and my pups!!!!!

SHootz Porkhungry clown Dis me Brendan
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 am

For 15 years I have hunted Hawaii maybe for 1 year I had a partner than he got a girl friend it gets the best of us only two people have gone twice I always go deep go in first come out last I find my self talking to my dogs allot they most likely think Im a kook They always gota come find me

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy dogs mean hogs Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 am

Nobody like go i aint goin to idle im gone! some times it's betta u can watch the dog's work with no disturbence thats my opinion. Very Happy

crazy dogs mean hogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  K KAINOA KENNELS Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:53 am

WUSUP GUY'S LIKE I SAY SOME HELP IS ALOT OF HELP....DON'T GET ME WRONG IT'S NICE TO SEE DOGS WORK BY MY SELF. AND NOT HEARING THE CRYING OF OTHER GUY'S ABOUT WHAT TIME WE GOING HOME lol! lol!

K KAINOA KENNELS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalekoaboy Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 am

most of the time i go with my grandpa but sometimes i go and catch pig in the mountains behind my house in the backyard

kalekoaboy
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am

when my cousin no can go i runnem solo but most of the time it's me and him.
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulo Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 am

Howzit Braddas! Yeah I'm also one of those who run em solo. Been Hunting solo for about 17 years now. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but I like to do my own thing. I still hunt the same mountains my grandfather and my dad them was hunting back in 1920's. I even hunt the Takos solo, I guess I am a loner lol. My wife and my kids think i'm nuts, but I enjoy the outdoors like many of you. Hunt safe and hunt hard. Paulo Kamake'eaina.
Paulo
Paulo
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy dogs mean hogs Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am

LIke HYN Hunta said some help is betta! Had one inscident about 4 month"s ago were i was solo and on my way out i use dis pocket that i was going to used to climb over to get to my truck a little faster since was getting kind of late ! so on my way up dog's took of waited for about 5 min and dea he came blowing down like no tommarrow one murf i was kinda excited all 5 dog's right on um den they disappeared in the bush tracked um down they was on 9 on the quik track back wea i just came from.So u know how it is all pumped up heard dem scrappin got dea dog's kinda buss but he went down. So started cleaning um check dog's for vital's not bad but needed work so when i check the time was 5:30 pm! started on my way out holding the dog's that was badly hurt on rope and carrying dis murf when i fell in the river and dis located my shoulder face down pig on back pin to the ground hurten some how manage to roll over and get him of standed up in pain not realizing just hurten and fell on my back popping my shoulder back double the pain freak da pig! what a shame but my shoulder swelled up fast lucky wasn't the head that when hit first!Thank GOD Very Happy IM still good to go but yep fellow hunt's be safe out dea !Aloha.

crazy dogs mean hogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:55 am

crazy dogs mean hogs wrote:LIke HYN Hunta said some help is betta! Had one inscident about 4 month"s ago were i was solo and on my way out i use dis pocket that i was going to used to climb over to get to my truck a little faster since was getting kind of late ! so on my way up dog's took of waited for about 5 min and dea he came blowing down like no tommarrow one murf i was kinda excited all 5 dog's right on um den they disappeared in the bush tracked um down they was on 9 on the quik track back wea i just came from.So u know how it is all pumped up heard dem scrappin got dea dog's kinda buss but he went down. So started cleaning um check dog's for vital's not bad but needed work so when i check the time was 5:30 pm! started on my way out holding the dog's that was badly hurt on rope and carrying dis murf when i fell in the river and dis located my shoulder face down pig on back pin to the ground hurten some how manage to roll over and get him of standed up in pain not realizing just hurten and fell on my back popping my shoulder back double the pain freak da pig! what a shame but my shoulder swelled up fast lucky wasn't the head that when hit first!Thank GOD Very Happy IM still good to go but yep fellow hunt's be safe out dea !Aloha.
right on how big was

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 am

its good to hear everyone's story of hunting on their own. thankz for all the responds.......... and if you every find your self alone. there always a one more hunter that well NEVER leave your side..... his name is "jesus", and he will always be there for all of us....... so when i am in the hills, i know i'm not alone........ GOD BLESs u ALL...... Alika Flores............... so i'll ask u, if fell alone in the hills.. jus say a pray be for u let the dogs go. "it mite not help caught a pig". but well help u fell a whole lot better..........and saferrrrrrrrr....

Last edited by alikaf on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy dogs mean hogs Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 am

I don't no neva bring um out to be honest probably 150 less or betta but 3 1/2 hooka's and real fat to bad i had to leave um till dis day feeling bad but i not looking back! Looking forward to da next. bounce

crazy dogs mean hogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy dogs mean hogs Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 am

Right on bradda alika das first thing i do before i leave the house for the the dog's and me and the gang Very Happy

crazy dogs mean hogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 am

AMEN braddah Alika Very Happy
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

one man crew... Empty ALONE is different than LONELY

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 am

Alohaz
I prefer hunting alone especially when training dogs,less distraction when trying to piece together the puzzle of a young or new dog. As a kid I never thought about the possibilities of hunting alone I just went. Over the years I noticed that most of the people who say "you crazy oh what!" dont really understand what we do 100%, it seems they're idea of a WILD BOAR hunt is a bit over emphasized, like we out deya trying fo catch da devil himself. Most of the times we allow it to be just that. (small kine ego boost on our part). With basic precautions made, hit dem hills. Not denying the dangers of it, but we could also be hit by a car crossing da road "by ourselves".

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BOAR-KILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 pm

been hunting 1 man long time and catch some big hogs but i like to share the thrill with the boyz and teach the kids rihgt now i get 1 friend that goes with me if he can get up
BOAR-KILLA
BOAR-KILLA
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy dogs mean hogs Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:58 am

Yup same hea boa killa! Get dis young boy 17 right now but he hard head . he wake up no probs but he no like do his school work so no can reward somebody if he no like listen to the parents so thats when pretty much on my own but we all was like that when we was young pretty much hope they learn like we all did. lol Very Happy

crazy dogs mean hogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  BOAR-KILLA Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am

yea i love to be in the hills cant beat the feeling i love it so much i bring friends hea and dea but lol they dont return the call for the next hunt. guess they dont feel the same dont bother me im still going but yea sometimes the mountens shape up the young boys. teach em respect my kids love it they pick up other guys rubish they know the rules . if they no listen they stay home no hog action. but right on all you huntaz keep pounding love the hills hog action the dogs just have fun live life take kea da kids aloha
BOAR-KILLA
BOAR-KILLA
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Steady Bark 808 Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah hit'um up solo all the time!!
Steady Bark 808
Steady Bark 808
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

one man crew... Empty 1 MAN SHOW- BETTA KNOWN AS HANS SOLO

Post  BRIAN AKINA Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

to run SOLO is awesome !!! I do it ALL da TIME,, like BRADA MUNS sed THERAPY it seems to work for me whether it be DAY or NITE . B SAFE STEADY RACKIN'
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down