Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

premium bullets

2 posters

Go down

premium bullets Empty premium bullets

Post  fullmetal_jack Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 am

i know that mass x velocity=dead pig, but ill take any advantage i can afford
do any of you guys shoot the premium(etips, barnes copper,gmx) rounds. i have about a two year hunting supply of conventional soft tips (110 g sierras in 6.8 ) but i figure since i probably have to special order i should try something high octane also. on another forum they swear by the barnes triple shock in any weight for any thing short of a charging elephant. which have you guys had good experience with.

shooting m4 style 6.8 with carrying handle sights
pretty decent snap shooter, decent double taps
going for neck shots ,but will take what i can get

thanks in advance
jack
fullmetal_jack
fullmetal_jack
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

premium bullets Empty Re: premium bullets

Post  Turkey Joe Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 am

You're good, as long as you can hit'em in the boiler room. A .223 will smoke'em if you can put it in their neck, ear or just behind the jaw. Pigs are very solid, but they're not bullet proof. (as long as were're not talking .22 shorts or LR) A lot of the stories of "bullet proof hogs" are based on bad hits, far back. On big boars yoou gotta take into account the puna ( shield). If your angle is bad, and the boar is old, the puna will absorb god-awful amounts of impact. A quartering away shot placed just inside his elbow will be in the heart area. If you're hitting above the top of the shoulder blade....get ready for a tracking job.

Have fun, and pound'em!
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum