Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreaming??

+7
Babooze
MAUKAKANE1
bigislandhunter
K KAINOA KENNELS
PORKHUNGRY
milo
CAVE CANEM
11 posters

Go down

Dreaming?? Empty Dreaming??

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Howzit again braddahs! I was wondering where or what is a hunt you've always wanted to do or maybe did already??
I have always wanted to hunt a Dall Sheep or fly to New Zealand and hunt goats. One day!! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dreaming?? Empty Dalls

Post  milo Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm new here, but live in Alaska. Unfortunately the guiding requirements for Dall Sheep price it out of the range of most guys. What you might want to think about is making friends with an Alaskan and tag along as a cameraman/packer. I've got a guy in the midwest who's flown up twice to go with me, once for Mountain Goat and once for Brown Bear. He's begging to do it again for sheep. It's the only way he'll be able to afford to go on a sheep hunt, even if he doesn't get to pull the trigger. Depending on where you go, you stand a reasonable chance of picking up caribou or even a wolf - no guide requirement for them.

For me I want New Zealand Tahr or any of the wild buffalo.
milo
milo
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Dreaming?? Empty RE

Post  PORKHUNGRY Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Me would be oregon first to shoot a monster Elk, Den maybe Alaska for one Grizzley, and one moose.

ALOHA PORKHUNGRY clown
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Dreaming?? Empty Re: Dreaming??

Post  K KAINOA KENNELS Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:52 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ON T.V HUNTING FOR SASQUASH affraid lol!

K KAINOA KENNELS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 am

mine is not really one dream hunt but a dream animal. I would like to take a 30" sheep on Public land with the Bow or rifle! Maybe someday it will come true or maybe not!
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dreaming?? Empty Awaken from the dream so it can become reality.

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 am

B.I.Hunter,
That's a good one considering the amount of hunters out and about nowadays. However I still believe it is very possible! They are still out there. Good luck! Very Happy

Here's mine since were dreamin-

Trophy Barbirusa Boar taken with my own dogs.
"still hunting" ground stalking trophy Bongo with my ole beater bow.
Trophy Markhor and Eastern Tur with the trusty .270
and finally the "grey ghost" with an atlatl.

Yah I know...........but what the hell, dreams are freeeeeeeeeee!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 am

Maukakane,

So true, they are out their and I really hope I do get a chance to even shoot at one. I like your saying, Dreams are free!
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 am

I would have to say I would like to take a Cape Buffalo, and a Marco Polo sheep. I hear trophy sheep start at 60"! Shocked

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  AK Andy Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 am

While we are dreamin, I gotta say that a 42+ inch dall sheep ram would be a lofty goal of mine, but more realistic would be a 40 incher. I've killed em between 36-38", but there's always a bigger one right? When you you dream you might as well dream BIG.
Pretty high on my list would be an archery hunt for musk ox. And a close second would be a marco polo sheep ram from 12,000 feet in Kzyrkistan- or somethin like that.
Some critters more realisitic and perhaps attainable someday for me could be:
Of course New Zealand Red stag with a bow would be pretty cool and entirely possible someday, but a 3" + tusker boar with a bow would be equally awesome too and I must agree a 30" archery feral ram on public land- ooooh that makes me drool. An archery hunt for oscellated turkey on the Yukutan penninsula would put me on cloud 9? A Grizzly with my bow.....a 60+ inch moose.... and of course archery oryx, kudu, and a huge boar warthog.. man guys, my list is too long for my short lifetime and financial constraints, but the most dreamed about things in this world actually exist, it's just that people never get around to prioritizing in a way to accomplish them. when there's a will there's a way.
I say keep dreamin and make it happen braddahs. We can't catch a fish if we don't figure out how to get the the water first. cheers
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  AK Andy Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 am

Hey Babooze, you beat me to the Marco polo dream! Me too man, I see some mounts and read some stories that are incredible about marco polo sheep. One rich friend of mine did it for $12,000- not within my grasp or realm of capability, but like maukakane says- dreams are free!
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 am

Interesting list guys! It was really weird right after I wrote that post I walked outside to play with my puppies and I noticed something got spooked and darted into the neighbors yard! It was a Billy that must have got away from one of my neighbors so I grabbed a rope and stalked up behind my neighbors truck and roped him by the horns. He seemed sketchy at first but calmed down until I had to take him past my dogs and they went crazy! Laughing Just another neighborhood adventure! I will take him around the block to see if someone claims him tommorow but until then he is clearing out my archery spot for me!
Dreaming?? DSC03519
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dreaming?? Empty YOU GOTTA BE KIIIIIIIIDDING!!

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 am

NO WAYS! FIRST A BOAR NOW A BILLY! ! EH IF A HERD OF MOUFLON RAMS COMES THRU YOUR BACKYARD THATS IT!!! I'M PITCHIN A TENT!!! lol! WEIRD, I WONDER IF HES FROM THE LOWERSIDE HERD? NICE LOOKING ANIMAL. SOOOOOOOOO......................PULEHU @ YOUR HOUSE?!! Shocked

ALOHAZ
MAUKAKANE1
ONIPA'A A KU HA'AHEO
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  honu ea Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:07 am

go new zealand for red stag, fallow deer and some monsta boars.
honu ea
honu ea
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:17 am

MAUKAKANE1 wrote: NO WAYS! FIRST A BOAR NOW A BILLY! ! EH IF A HERD OF MOUFLON RAMS COMES THRU YOUR BACKYARD THATS IT!!! I'M PITCHIN A TENT!!! lol! WEIRD, I WONDER IF HES FROM THE LOWERSIDE HERD? NICE LOOKING ANIMAL. SOOOOOOOOO......................PULEHU @ YOUR HOUSE?!! Shocked

ALOHAZ
MAUKAKANE1
ONIPA'A A KU HA'AHEO

I am pretty sure he belongs to someone but if no can find his owner tommorow I might have to pulehu or release him with the herd below! Laughing
If a herd of rams cruise thru I going set up a tent 2 or maybe build a treehouse back there!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:33 am

Laho'ole dat buggah and keep em way in da back. Small kine organic weedeater! Very Happy Exclamation

Now back to the subject........... I had forgotten about the majestic Marco Polo! Oooooh thats a good one! Very Happy

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeplus34pu Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 am

My bucket list big game animal was always a monster bull elk, at least 330 inches. Last October I filled that tag with a 358" monster bull. I really never thought I'd meet the 330" goal so I never went past that, so I guess my next is a trophy Caribou. I only hunt what I eat and I eat what I hunt so it's pretty easy (deer or deer family).

Aloha,
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

I had heard of a Marco Polo sheep but just googled it now and that is one monster of a sheep! I wonder what their raisinettes must look like? Ping pong balls?? Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 am

Since I got my "Grey Ghost" Mine would have to be Marco Polo Sheep for sure.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum