Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeders

4 posters

Go down

Feeders Empty Feeders

Post  evan Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:29 am

I've always been under the impression that it is illegal in the state of hawaii to feed game animals in order to attract them to a stand. Am I wrong?
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeders Empty To Feed or NOT to feed That is the question

Post  Ikestr Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm

I've often think of this question as well. Here is what I found:

The HAR-Hawaii Administrative Rule Title 13, Chapter 123 does not mention the use of feeders. I also looked at the Hunting Summary under the DOFAW site and there was no mention of the use of a feeder.

Chapter 121- General Hunting Rules and Regulations, does not mention the use of feeders as well.

I then looked under the Hunter education Q&A section ANS ID# 335, the answer there was that "no where in the State of Hawaii is the use of a feeder allowed". Is this true if it is not in Chapter 123? Until I see it referenced, I'll have to say it is legal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Flame away study

Last edited by Ikestr on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeders Empty Re: Feeders

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:25 am

I'm fairly certain that it is illegal to "bait" on public hunting areas and have even heard of DOFAW enforcing it on Kauai in the Kokee area.

I don't think it is illegal on private property and not sure how it would be enforced if it was.

That being said I too have not found anything in the regulations either way.

I will try and clarify this info on Tuesday.
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 am

I looked through the regs and found some info that said you're not allowed to grow feed crops, but nothing that said anything for or against feeders. I've always wondered about this. It kept me from ever trying it on Kauai, but I see all you Oahu guys doing it so I was curious.
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeders Empty Awright......

Post  KANUHA BROTHERS Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 pm

I was allways under the impression that it was illegal to feed.....
But today AT THE GUN SHOW I asked a DLNR CONSERVATION ENFORCEMENT SUPERVISOR
if it "legal or illegal" and he siad it is Legal to hunt over a feeder even in public hunting areas WOW
i could not believe my ears......its not in the regs so ther for its legal......hope this helps

KANUHA BROTHERS afro
KANUHA BROTHERS
KANUHA BROTHERS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 am

KANUHA BROTHERS wrote:I was allways under the impression that it was illegal to feed.....
But today AT THE GUN SHOW I asked a DLNR CONSERVATION ENFORCEMENT SUPERVISOR
if it "legal or illegal" and he siad it is Legal to hunt over a feeder even in public hunting areas WOW
i could not believe my ears......its not in the regs so ther for its legal......hope this helps

KANUHA BROTHERS afro

I asked the samething on Sunday and the wildlife officer said that no where in the regulations does it talk about baiting. so it's considered legal. He did mention baiting game birds with bird seed you could be cited because you are introducing non native plant species on public forest reserve.
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum