Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COME ON!

+9
Koa Boa
Ikestr
HOG WILD
MAUKAKANE1
Huntaz Of War
PORKHUNGRY
Kanoe10
Vidinha
HYPA
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COME ON! Empty COME ON!

Post  HYPA Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 am

Wassup guys just a quick vent session here, Was up in grabber and Kaipolo yesterday i was sicken with the the way guys are just leaving the mountains.....bra if you cant hunt with the strenght that god gave you in your legs and need all those energy drinks to get you up a hill at least take the can out with you.......i came across a tree with 8 red bull cans inside and countless monster energy drinks all over the place, wow!. all that opala, I came out with two back packs full with more crap than i went in with....unreal.
Now get motor bike trail going up the center ridge heading to the summit! guys flying full throttle around turns!!!!on hunting trails. Hope you motor bike guys carry cash on you in the mountain cuz if you hit one hunters dog on a hunting trail I hope you dont think he gonna let you just ride on bye....you gonna be walking out and that bike is gonna be one deposite till you pay for the dog.
Sad that the mounatin I hunted from little kid time is starting to turn into a sess pool those trails were made by hunters in the day when there was no energy drinks....just real soilders who loved to venture and didnt have to be out of the mountain in time to do something else.
Come on guys keep the mountain mounatin and carry out your rubbish
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty Re: COME ON!

Post  Vidinha Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 am

Rajah! I second that. Before when I was a kid n if i left opala behind my Pop n Papa would hand me my ass.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanoe10 Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 am

I see that crap to, its to bad because some of us don't do that. If you think about it, we all look bad because when you see that you know its huntaz.

Kanoe10
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty RE

Post  PORKHUNGRY Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 am

See it all da time people lost respect for da mountains sad. pick up plenty guys rubbish like if I da rubbish man or something lets face it if u can bring em in u can take em out!!!! Stop decorating the tree dis not christmas.

ALOHA PORKHUNGRY clown
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntaz Of War Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 am

brah makaha looken like that to shit we went up there this past weeken ,brah get camp spots all over the place n shit get so much rubbush brah i dont noe wat animal lives in there cuz get cangoods hidden all ova the place brah u noe who u r clean ur shit.....alohaz........and for reply on hypa messages thats mess up motor bikes up there they shouldnt be there they the guys faking up the hunting growns they should play at kahuku as for us huntaz we already get limited space for hunt....so for the huntaz who no care u guys going miss it all up 4 us...
Huntaz Of War
Huntaz Of War
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty Carry what you need,not what you think you need.

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 am

Kanoe10 wrote:I see that crap to, its to bad because some of us don't do that. If you think about it, we all look bad because when you see that you know its huntaz.

We'll use the term "huntaz" loosely, REAL LOOSELY!!

HYPA-

Rubbish in da mountains leaving they're rubbish in da mountains!! Mad At a loss for words about crap like this!
Mahaloz for getting out what you could.......................what else can we really do?

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HOG WILD Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 am

Yeh, just took out atleast three store bags of rubbish this past weekend here on Kauai.That's why my saying is always that "SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S" .Guys who are HUNTER'S will always respect the mountain and treat it like it's there own house.They going respect the Animal that they take.Treat the resources that we get from the Mountain and Ocean with respect and cherish what we have learned from those who have thought us.To many people want to go HUNTING that have'nt learned first about taking care of the small things first,before only thinking about just killing.If you are a HUNTER going to the the mountain to kill something should not be your first priority.I could go on and on because this is a very touchie subject for me.Good job Hypa Very Happy . I challenge the rest of you guys to do the same as Brudda Hypa And to those not respecting what God has gave us.Stop Littering our Mountains with Opala Mad .

Aloha Robert C.

"SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S"

HOG WILD
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikestr Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Good on you Hypa for raising this thread and picking up after other people. I know there are others out there that do the same. Walking along Sandy's beach or Waikiki, one will find some body walking the beach and cleaning up the opala left by others. When I see them, I thank them for their hard work and hope those words inspire them to continue what they're doing.

I hate to say it, but the tourist take better care when it comes to public parks and beaches. On one occasion, I saw several local teenagers dig a hole in the sand to bury their rubbish so they don't have to walk 5o yards to the rubbish in a can. When they left, my girls and I went and dug up the hole and put the trash where it belonged.

It's sad, but that's the way it is. There are a lot we as individuals can do and it starts with family values. As an example, there is a country song called "I've been watching you". It's about a four year old boy who watches and copies his dad. It's funny but true our kids are always watching us and learning from us, what we do, they will do.

Keep up the good work, Hypa. I know you sleep well with a helping heart.

Aloha, Ike
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty Setting the Example

Post  Koa Boa Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Right on my bradda congrats on setting the example for your keikis and other hunters to emulate. I know I talked with you about this on the phone but as Bradda Maukakane said what can we really do to stop them? All we can do is set the example of being a respectful hunter and keep the Aina clean and care for it like it cares for us. It is very sad and upsetting to see Opala all over our beautiful mountains and wild places. I cant imagine how these people can carry something in the mountains but cant carry the empty container out Evil or Very Mad Last week I took out 3 big water bottles about 5-6 gatorade bottles and can good cans I jus trip!!! Just like the rubbish I told you about in the back of Moanalua I mean C'MON one bag rubbish in the tree with vienna cans,sardines,spam etc with couple gatorade bottles thrown in for good measure ON DA SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean c'mon people on the road and they cant take out the rubbish you can carry um out and throw it in the trash can when you get to the park get CHOKE trash cans at the park UNREAL!!!

Right on my bradda's for taking care of the Aina BIG PROPS TO YOU!!! To those who think its no big deal to leave your Opala all over the mountains I can only say that one day I hope you realize what you are doing and PLEASE STOP doing it and begin to care and nourish the land that does the same for us MAHALO!

Aloha No,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm

There's not much we can really do to stop people from leaving their opala in the mountain but what we can do for starters is, when ever we see it just pick it up, or if we see hikers, hunters, bike riders or any one else out there leaving rubbish in the mountain just talk to them n try to teach them. I know many of us do it n I give big props to all that do because it does make a difference, but imagine what kind of an impact it would make if all us hunters n lovers of the mountains did it, it would be huge. Maybe we can also take that mind set outside the mountain too. We can try not throw opala in the streets, recycle things that are harmful to our planet like the HI5's, batteries, chemicals, etc.. I know alot of us hunters also fish and dive, alot of that stuff really affect our oceans n water ways too. There's sooooo much WE can do to to protect our land, oceans n our way of life, there's so much we can do to get them back to and keep them the way they were so that we can share these things with our keiki ( Not just your own, all keiki ) n they can experience n see the things we have in the way they were. It all starts with Knowledge, get out there and learn the things that you need to n talk to people that know more than us about these things, listen to people like Koa Boa, Nick Barka, Koai'e, etc., Volunteer with Na ala hele, Hui o koolaupoko n other agencies like them, ask these people questions, they wont turn you down or avoid you because these people are just as if not more passionate about the preservation of our land and ocean than we are. Id like to see hunters even if its just once a year, get together, leave the dogs, knives, guns , bows etc. home n go out n do a trail, stream or beach clean up. I think that wouldn't only make an impact on our land, but it would bring comradeship back to us hunters n maybe even show the general public that we do care n clean up our somewhat tarnished image. Maybe that's something that should be brought up with the pig hunters association at the next meeting this Thursday. Just my 2 cents, sorry for rambling on but this issue kinda struck a cord with me n I can go on n on about many other things pertaining to this topic.

Aloha,
Cory Vidinha
Take the keiki out hunting n fishing,
teach them right n well,
n we'll ALL be rewarded.

V " Take care of the land, and the land will take care of you and your children" V
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty Well said!

Post  koai'e Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Props to all of you for taking a stand against those that trash our beloved places. Like others that posted before me said, the best we can do is to clean up after these fools and teach the keiki respect for the land.

I have been talking to Na Ala Hele on Oahu about helping to organize hunters to do some trail maintenance a few times a year and they are open to & would love the help. So if you would like to be a part of this crew PM me with your name, email, etc. and I will work with Na Ala Hele to put a few dates & locations together.

pig

Last edited by koai'e on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
koai'e
koai'e
Piglet
Piglet

http://nalanz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 am

I sincerely believe that if you love getting up into the mountains, then you have a duty to give something back to the aina for the fun you have. Doesn't matter whether you are a hunter, hiker, mountain biker, bird watcher or whatevers. I volunteer regularly with the Na Ala Hele here on Maui, and have for years, so if anyone like volunteer here, let me know. Trail work is an ongoing project. As for the opala, that really bugs me too. A couple weeks ago, I came back from a day in the mountian with my pockets stuffed full of trash. My wife was doing laundry, and when she saw me emptying the pockets, she thought I went crazy at Minit-Stop and spent big bucks on candy and sodas. Laughing
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

COME ON! Empty Why so quiet???

Post  Vidinha Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm

C'mon guys n galz, don't let this thread n effort die. So far we got 1 reply from someone willing to pitch in. Mahaloz to bradda Danton n his Ohana for volunteering, we also have a bunch of our crew on board too. I know the messaging on this site is acting up so if you sent a P.M. n didn't get a response you could also e-mail me at coryvidinha@gmail.com or call me at 861-6680 n I will pass the info over to Koai'e. We will need the names of the people volunteering, contact info n what day of the weekend you are usually available. It'll be a good time for everyone, It'll only be a few hours work, then we plan to have a BB-Q pot luck after the work is done so make sure you bring your Ohana with you too n we'll make the day of it.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  honu ea Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:03 pm

let me know. me and the red head are in. maybe mama too. yea right mama too who am i kidding (hope she no read this). chica and me are in for sure. just let me know when and where
aloha
paka
honu ea
honu ea
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Rajah. I guarantee going have Ki'i with me too, so Him and Chika can run around n pick up opala together.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:18 am

Im down! I sent a PM with my info! I went up to Makua Keaau last week and was appalled at all the rubbish that I found. Even way up! Plastic bottles, food wrappers etc. Evil or Very Mad Even other places I am noticing more and more rubbish. I pick up what ever I find but geez, I leaving with more than i came in with......... A LOT MORE! Shocked

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 am

I'm down for co-ordinating a Saturday clean-up day on Maui in Polipoli. I think that is the most heavily used public hunting area on Maui, not just by hunters but by other user groups too. If anyone like participate, send me message here, or at russell@misadventuregear.com or call me at 283-0748 in the evenings.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 am

Jus lemme know you get my info if not jus PM me hea or email me I mostly off fri-sun.

Aloha,
Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:49 am

I'm in. Cory just call and let me know
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikestr Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am

honu ea wrote:let me know. me and the red head are in. maybe mama too. yea right mama too who am i kidding (hope she no read this). chica and me are in for sure. just let me know when and where
aloha
paka

Bra, maybe dem two, M and J, can carry da spice rum and coke cherry Dat would be one site to see drunken

I'm in and think the girls would have fun too.
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 am

lets start off at pallisades ...its a mess...then waimalo
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 am

Yeah rajah palisades/waimano sounds good!!! Also if we just doing one trail/trailhead clean-up I think we can set a date and JUST DO IT Very Happy

I think trail maintenance would need some kind of DLNR involvment like when we did trail clearing and maintenance with the club years ago.

Either way cuz lemme know im down going bring my BIG backpack Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am

Solid! right on fellaz. I going get together with Nalan soon to set this up. I think'n maybe we go do one just us until Na Ala Hele ready for do something.
Russell: I got your message kinda late so never call you back. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon. Mahaloz bradda man.
Bradda Muns: I going give you a call tomorrow afternoon also, ansah yer phone
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 am

I'm calling a challenge to the other islands, a friendly one of course Laughing . I want to set a day that all the islands have their own groups go out n do trail n river clean ups. I'd like to have all the sportsmen n their ohana out there doing the work, have a small kine paina after n take alot of pictures while doing so. At the end of the day we can post our pictures of the work crews working, the end result (Full trash bags etc.) and the after work festivities. There wont be any prizes or anything, just pride in a job well done. What we need is people that are willing to coordinate in their area or on their island. I already have MauiRhino on Maui willing to set things up on his end n Kauai Boy set'n up Kauai. What you say Big Island? maybe you guys can split up too, one in Kona n one in Hilo. Howzit Molokai? Contact me or Koai'e or just respond to this post. Let's get this thing roll'n.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:07 am

Yuh Rajah Cory, I goin be mauka tomorrow so if I no ansa leave message also my ringah broke so da bugga only vibrate so sometimes I miss da calls either way i'll check my phone off an on.....Talkin bout dat betta go sleep already Smile

Alohaz!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: