Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowd free zones?

4 posters

Go down

Crowd free zones? Empty Crowd free zones?

Post  elhewman Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for the replies to my last Question guys. I am now wanting to know if one can escape crowds in pursuit of game. Currently I live in Sitka, Alaska with an extremely low population density and no private land to speak of. It is easy to avoid crowds here understanably. I dont expect the same isolation on the big Island but was wondering if an ambitious hiker can get away from other hunters in some parts. Is there roadless areas with Game to be had? Will I be able to handle the vegitation? It looks like that pig country is pretty tough! Sorry for my pesky questions but I like to do my research(for hunting anyways). Thanks in advance Very Happy

elhewman
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Crowd free zones? Empty Re: Crowd free zones?

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 am

The terrain and climates here on the Big Island vary greatly depending on what game you're after and the weather. Yes it is very possible to dissappear here!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Crowd free zones? Empty Alone time

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 am

Elhewman,

If you are used to hunting in more open terrain, then the rainforests may seem intimidating at first, some may even say claustrophobic. They can be very tight sometimes especially in the wa'iwi thickets and the costas curse.
Mauna kea however is open and you can easily disappear in its vastness especially in the higher regions and the sheep think like this too so it would be worth a shot. (no pun intended) lol!

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Looooooooooooots of space on the BI, you could hike for days without seeing anyone
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  elhewman Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 pm

Sounds like there would be plenty of neat country to hunt. Im pumped. Could still be a while, but I will look foward to visiting soon anyway. Thanks guys.

elhewman
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum