Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hunting lanai

3 posters

Go down

hunting lanai Empty hunting lanai

Post  seantoolson Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Ive never hunted lanai but i would love to hunt axis deer and mouflon. I just dont know where to start. how much? public or private land? can i get it done with my bow? and who could show me the ropes? thanks

seantoolson
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

hunting lanai Empty Re: hunting lanai

Post  bigislandhunter Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 pm

If you contact the DLNR they can tell you what you want to know. As for someone showing you the ropes maybe someone on here maybe be able to. For Mouflon and Deer, It aint that hard to find them, Park and walk and you are sure to run into something. Well Hopefully someone on here can show you around, but for the Applications I am sure the Local DLNR can assist you.
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:15 am

Hey Sean, Keep an eye on the news paper to announce the permits for Mouflon season in August. Usually comes out around mid May or so. Lanai has both "private" and public hunts available. The Private land hunt is also known as the pay hunt side and is open year round. Just go to the Dole office and pay the fee ($50 for bow and $275 for rifle) and you can hunt from July 1 to June 30. The Public hunt is the other half of the island starts in Feb for deer and August for Mouflon.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  seantoolson Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 pm

ok thanks that helps a lot, but is there a way i can reach the dole office by phone... would you happen to have the number?

Last edited by seantoolson on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word)

seantoolson
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum