Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stick Huntahs let C it!

4 posters

Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty Stick Huntahs let C it!

Post  Lyle B Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 am

newest member of my Stick fam: Chastain Waipati TD recurve #55 @ 28 custom
Stick Huntahs let C it! IMG_0323

da first one: Holly Spirit one peice recurve #45 @28
Stick Huntahs let C it! IMG_0324

Trophy shot by buddy in CO, hogz from OK and Cat from CO all by the stick.

Let C the Sticks!

Aloha, Lyle

Last edited by Lyle B on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more info)

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty Re: Stick Huntahs let C it!

Post  Vidinha Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am

Bradda Lyle, das some nice bows. How much was the take down? How long take to make it? Can get in higher poundage, 70-90 lbs.? I going on a trip for clear my head for a while n I don't have all my stick bows with me, but when I get back I'll take a few pics n post them, I think you seen most of them already tho.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty stick

Post  Lyle B Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 am

Yeah Cory post ur sticks, always liked the Widow's but out of my price range. the TD took like 3 month to make he live only 20 minutes away. Dis Bowyer (www.worldclassbows.com) well known around the world get choke guys ordering from Germany and Italy. I lucked out he wen raise the prices. but score for 7bills now stay 8 as of today. Just like his work and wen dis guy not building his bow he stay hunting. #55 is all can handle, was thinkin later on can get limbs for #60, but for ow #55 shooting comfortably. Yeah post'em. Have one good one on ur trip, hunting trip or holoholo.

Aloha!

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Both. I send you pix of my trip to your phone as I roam.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Dayum Lyle, those some sweet looking shooters. I gotta get me a takedown like that for travel. I don't have any custom sticks yet but I have three vintage Howatt recurves that I love.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty Lets C the sticks/ compounds

Post  Lyle B Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Braddah Cory, shoots send the pics on the phone, video's to if can. Upfront, yeah can't go wrong with the TD, safe for travel, just breakem down and put in suitcase. Lets C the 3. And the rest of the braddahs lets c the bows, compound and all.

Aloha, Lyle

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty My sticks

Post  AK Andy Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 am

Howzit Guys,
Here's a pic of my sticks....no takedowns, just recurves and a self made osage/deer leg sinew bow and some all from scratch cedar shaft turkey fletched stone knapped head arrows. (still gotta whack a deer with the primitive set up, missed one doe at 20 yards a few years back with the entire homemade rig. Gotta try again. The long recurve is 37# and I shot my first buck with it in 1978 as a kid.
A lot of cool memories in these sticks. Grew up in the midwest cutting my teeth on whitetails, rabbits and squirrels. I used recurves, then compounds then recurves then compounds, so went back and forth a few times. It just made me feel guilty now to pull em all out and know that I have been using the compounds for years. Up here in AK I need the longer range I can shoot with the wheel bows. With compounds I can hit well out to 75 yards but cannot dream of hitting well past 30 yards with the recurves because I found it requires much more practice.
Gotta love the stick bows though. I miss em.
Alohaz,
AK Andy
Here's my collection of sticks:
Stick Huntahs let C it! DSCF1409
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Here is two of my Howatts, 55# Mamba and 40# Hi-Speed. The Mamba is my go to killer, but I did harvest a pig the other day with the Hi-Speed ... Stick Huntahs let C it! PICT0002 and one I took with my phone last night... Stick Huntahs let C it! Bows
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty sticks

Post  Lyle B Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Sup AK like the sticks and the primitive arrowheads. Upfront, that's some killah sticks and get plenty action. Keep pounding them hogZ with the Stick. ALOHA!!

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am

Ah... Lyle, you went and did it now! Idea you stoked my fire to get a takedown recurve so I just dropped a nickel on a very nice koa and ebony RER. cheers I will post some pics after I get it in a few days.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Stick Huntahs let C it! Empty FIRE / type of Shooting

Post  Lyle B Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 pm

AULRIGHT!!!!! Stoke to cEM. Postem ASAP! Koa would be solid. Being made in HI? Glad to light the Fire, but really all Cory V. fault cuz I caught the TD stick bug from him.

Just wondering what style you guys shooting: Instinctive, Gap, Snap, Pins, etc... as for me, more instinctive.

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 pm

That's funny you mention that because I was just thinking about it this morning. I guess you could say I shoot instinctive gap because I shoot focused on a spot instinctively but I do see the arrow in my periferal vision. I think that is because I shoot three under and it brings the arrow up closer to my eye. Sometimes I try to shoot split because I like the reduction in noise but I end up pinching the nock and it just doesn't feel natural to me.
I hold and aim, I could never get the hang of snap shooting, but if I did, I could shoot a much heavier weight.
All my recurves I shoot off the shelf.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum