Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine....

5 posters

Go down

Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine.... Empty Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine....

Post  Hui-Laho-Nui Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 am

Howzit erebody!

Jus wanted sum insight or advice if anyone cares to share. Couple of my dogs been gettin buss up from a few big hogs they caught lately. So i jus been puttin purple spray everyday n givin um pennicilin 3 days on 3 days off. But im now noticing that at first dat one of dem was gettin all swollen around da eyes n now another dog is gettin dat too. Da swellin goes down overnight but im very curious to find out what is causing this n if it's bad for dem. Perhaps a reaction to pennicilin? or sumtin of dat nature...My fren said its jus a coincidence dat its happening afta da pennicilin n dat its because da cut n possibly infection n da body fighting um. N also....One dog has a build up of sumtin on each side of her ribcage. One side got cut on da shoulder n a lil behind dat is where the bubble is. THAT one feels like there's sumtin inside of it, like sumtin solid. N da other side jus feels like liquid. What is there to do? ANY info or knowledge learned through experience would be greatly appreciated because one of them is my main dog n da other is my up n comin so id like them bak up mauka ASAP.

MAHALO NUI...., Varner
Hui-Laho-Nui
Hui-Laho-Nui
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine.... Empty Re: Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine....

Post  volcano mustang Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 am

aloha bradda...the swelling is caused by the infection in the body..some dogs take to the penicilin and some dont...you need to drain the watery puss bubble as soon as possible...you need to lance it or you need to take a needle and shringe to it...dont fuss with the hard lump it will go away...good luck bradda.....been fixing dogs for 20 years..try um...

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine.... Empty Re: Dog got cut n NEED SUM KOKUA...dog healing kine....

Post  HYPA Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 am

yea braddah i wouldnt worry about the eyes unless they are very red and have puss comming from them if not then it may be a reaction or just coincidence did you hunt in california grass?......also the lump in the shoulder...the water one you can drain with the needle or if you dog takes to cutting well then you can make a small cut to drain it it helps if you have lydocain or zylocain but not everybody has this, the hard lump might go down but usally the vet would lance this but if you dont have experience with that dont try it if it gets bigger then address it, the pennicyllian you are giving them should be given 2 xs a day if the dog is over 30lbs you should be giving them 3 cc 2xs a day for 7 days straight......3 on and 3 off dosnt give the antibotics time to battle what ever inffection the dog may have....if after 7 days the wounds still look infected th switch to a differnet antibiotic for another 7 days......ex (crystacylian or ampacylian or tetracyclin)....if the infection still dosnt go away then you may have something more serious that would require a vet to look into to hope this helps.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:37 pm

The best way to drain the liquid lumps is to get a big gauge body piercing needle from the body piercing shop just go in and ask if you can buy a big gauge needle. The needle is hollow so just poke the lump and leave the needle in and sqeeze till all the puss/liquid come out. Try do that for both lumps because even if it feels hard it could be liquid under a deeper layer of muscle/meat. Iv'e had that on my dogs a bunch of times and most times the hard lump was liquid. Using this body piercing needle should be way easier that cutting it with a sharp knife or even a scapel. And yeah the penicillin should be given 5-7 days straight just like when you take antibiotics from your doctor, he tells you to take all that he prescribed for you till gone even if you feel better after taking it for a day or 2 you need to go throught the whole cycle 5-7days.

Next time when stiching your dogs try to leave few staples or stitches off on the lowest part of the cut for draining so it won't heal up and leave liquid/puss lumps all over your dog. And for me i use Nitrofurazone i get from the feed store or if i don't have that i just use Neosporin and squeeze it deep into the cuts right before i put the last stitch on.
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:32 am

howzit brah jes wanted fo share some other inexpensive ways fo patch up and kea fo our animals.... first off l learned dis from some parker ranch cowboys when dey would help us drive cattle on da weekends up on maunkea mountain....aftah work we wood go run dogs and always somebody gettin hurt and back den in da early 80's we neva had da technologies of today so wen da dog would get rip up we would always carry super glue with us... jes wipe da wound dry with clean rag den apply a good strip of SUPER GLUE on both side of cut and pinch togethr and like bradah timmy said leave 1 small opening on lower side of rip fo get drainage... if you have any ?'s jes put some on between yo thumb & pointer fingah and squeeze ...nah nah lol it works till you can reach home....also can make hawaiian salt & warm water fo clean up around da wound ...dis next remedy was used as far back in the egyiptian days it was used to treat wounded warriors but they would take raw honey or white (granular) sugar and apply it to da wound yes da honey thru osmosis reaction will make its own hydrogen proroxcide... you can seach online find out more. white sugar was also used later and is still very effective today this was told to me by my tutu when l was young .but lread up on it and you can make a wet paste by using,,80% white sugar & 20% of 10% benedine solution mixt well and apply to wound 2x's a day it will work just as well or better... Hope all go's well fo yo animals ..aloha...T.C.K.P

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum