Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking 4 black mouth cur

4 posters

Go down

looking 4 black mouth cur Empty looking 4 black mouth cur

Post  koa96727 Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:58 am

let me no wut you got looking 4 bmc or some king of hound 4431880
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

looking 4 black mouth cur Empty Re: looking 4 black mouth cur

Post  juspress Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 am

Y HOW IS DA BMC? I NEVER HUNTED ONE OF THOSE B4...JUS WONDERING SUM INFO IS ALWASY GUD...ALOHA JUSPRESS OUT...
juspress
juspress
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:27 pm

juspress wrote:Y HOW IS DA BMC? I NEVER HUNTED ONE OF THOSE B4...JUS WONDERING SUM INFO IS ALWASY GUD...ALOHA JUSPRESS OUT...

The BMC is more of a type of dog then it is a "breed" due the fact that some were bred for herding and guardianship while others were bred to tree their prey and many were bred for different climates. The first registered "Bloodline" of BMC was registered with the NKC was the Ladner Cur which were bred by L.H Ladner in 1964, The AKC does not recognize the breed! The Cur dog was bred to be an all around farm dog and accels at mostly any kind of dog work you could want to throw at it. There are so many different lines of BMC that your best bet of knowing what you're raising would be to buy from an experienced breeder or not care whether it comes out gritty or a bay dog. I have heard quite a few guys swear a pure BMC couldn't cut it in our terrain and on our pigs but I would think otherwise due to the variety available.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

The ones we had did ok they had to age though it took them awhile to age between 2-2 1/2 yrs old before they really showed good. The ones we had the bitches were better trackers and the kanes were more heavy grabbas but some could find pig too but more close range kine not too much go out check pockets kine. The bitches tended to bark,grab n nip and they kanes just action. As jusacruzah said theyre are many lines etc of BMC so take that into consideration as well. To me the cur is the mainland version of our poi dogs Very Happy

Just my experience with the BMC not much but thought id share.

Alohaz!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 pm

thanks guys still looking 4 1 tho want it 2 have at least half bmc or some kinda hound
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum