Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly Trap

4 posters

Go down

Fly Trap Empty Fly Trap

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Howzit guys! My dogs been having a problem with flies lately so I picked up a fly trap from Lowes yesterday and just set it up. It basically is a bag with a water soluable bag of bait inside that you hang up and fill with water. Within seconds of adding the water I had a swarm of flies checking out the bag and in a few minutes we had our first customers! This trap is good stuff and I just looked into their website and found they have put alot of research into formulating their bait and it definately showed. Here is the website if you guys like check um out! http://www.rescue.com/
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Fly Trap Empty Re: Fly Trap

Post  Kauai Boy Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am

Right on good to know....but the question is.....Is there a good trap like that for fleas? scratch
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 am

Howzit Kauai Boy! Go to home depot or Lowes if get on Kauai or probably any hardware store should have um and pick up Bayer Tree and Shrub. They only offer the one with fertilizer inside but it still works. Put like 10cc's of this on their spine and 10cc's on their stomach and rub um in. The active ingredient in it is Imidacloprid 1.47% and is the same stuff in Frontline but you buying um in bulk and no more the carrying agent inside but as long as you rub um in it works the same and is about $20 a bottle! Use this 2 times that you see fleas and then change um up and use something else do to the fact it will soak into the dogs system (They like to lick it off themselves) and to consistantly having it in their system could be bad, No proven cases but better to be safe. I put this on my dogs and the fleas dissappear for couple months and you can spray um on the yard to!
Fly Trap Blue_original_Bayer-Advanced-Family
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am

My pops used to hang a drop light over a pan of water.......don't remember how effective it was...never tried it myself......that fly trap is good stuff but you gotta catch all the neighbors flys to before you see a reduction, I use that too.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:10 am

I been like a kid with a new toy and running out to check how much flies I caught so far since hanging um up! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 am

ahhhhh nothing beats quality entertainment! Very Happy
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 am

Hahaha.......Isaac you did it now....look at munsta's avatar Laughing i had to change mine too Rolling Eyes Laughing .

So what is one good spray for fleas in the yard? This summer i getting choke fleas, i don't know why. i never had this big a problem before. All i used to use was just sevin dust but i did that twice already and still get choke. I like something liquid and strong that i can spray in the yard. I getting pissed at all the fricken fleas jumpin on my leg when i feeding the dogs Evil or Very Mad .
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 am

The Tree and shrub going work but because it has Nitrogen added in it will fertilize the grass or whatever weeds get. I used a Scotts Outside Defense Permithrin 2.50% but anything with this as its active ingredient is good for spray the yard. It is derived from a flower so it is safe for the enviorment but I wouldn't spray um around the dog but it is also found in Frontline or other topicals found in the stores. Pyrethrin is derived from a flower, I not sure what Permithrin is but it did work!
Whoa! Braddah Koa's avatar got me wanting to play the drums! Shocked

Last edited by Jusacruzah on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hawgandawg Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:14 am

Howzit, Kauai Boy. Try using "Ortho Max". Home Depot , Ace Hardware or Wal-Mart sells it. A bottle costs ~$10. Mix 3-6 TBSP per gallon of water(3TBSP for fruit trees/vegetables). I used some this past week to spray those damned little fire ants. Killed 'um quick!!!

Use Ivomec on the dogs. Ivomec is a bit pricey, but it works good!!! I also used Bronco Fly Spray(made for horses) on 2 dogs that a friend was holding for me. When I got the dogs back, they were infested with ticks and fleas. Before I took them out of my truck, I sprayed them down with the Bronco Fly Spray. Worked great!!!
hawgandawg
hawgandawg
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Right on! i going store right now.......oh wait i forget....my other half holding the money Embarassed Laughing
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum