Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piglets hanging

3 posters

Go down

Piglets hanging Empty Piglets hanging

Post  Ikestr Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 pm

A buddy of mine called me today and said what the FFff-heck are your buddies doing around Whitmore Village area hanging 5-6 piglets from a tree on a dirt trail between Whitmore Village and Helemano. He said, "no wonder hunters get a bad rap, no class". I agreed with him that treating animals this way was not appropriate but did say that the guys that I converse with on this website are avid hunters that respect hunting as a way of life for food and don't treat carcasses that way. No

What are your thoughts?
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Piglets hanging Empty Re: Piglets hanging

Post  evan Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:54 pm

The hunters should have placed the piglets off the trail so that any nonhunters wouldn't be offended. Knowing the mentality of most hunters in Hawaii they really don't give a crap. I consider the guys I hunt with a pretty ethically sound group of guys, but we have run into this same situation hunting with dogs. The dogs mob a pack of piglets and all but demolish the entire litter and won't leave the site. Hanging the pigs up in a tree keeps the dogs from trying to eat or harrass the dead pigs. That way your dogs will follow you instead of lagging behind for an hour.

Unfortunately dogs dont have triggers. Wink
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KANUHA BROTHERS Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 am

I THINK YOUR QUESTION CAN BE ADRESSED ON THE DOG AND HOG THRED!

I KNOW WHEN I WAS GROWING UP AS A KID I WENT HUNTING WITH MY
UNCLES, WE USE TO HANG THE GUTS IN A TREE SO THE DOGS WONT EAT IT......

KANUHA BROTHERS afro
KANUHA BROTHERS
KANUHA BROTHERS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Piglets hanging Empty Piglets continued

Post  Ikestr Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 am

I'm sure there are a lot of valid reasons why it's done this way and I will pass that on to my buddy, but I believe the bottom line is etiquette.
If we don't monitor ourselves and change how things are done we could stand to loose more hunting areas than gain.

K Bro, I didn't know this was primarily a hunter/dogs issue- your right I could continue there but will stop here. Aloha

Respectfully
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum