Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smelly kennels

+2
Shane M.
huntachad
6 posters

Go down

smelly kennels Empty smelly kennels

Post  huntachad Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Just was wondering what other huntas using for spray their kennels for the urine smell? And how often you guys doing so? Chad

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

smelly kennels Empty Re: smelly kennels

Post  Shane M. Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Everyday with clorox and pine sol when I am using my kennels. I use a floor brush and scrub it with the cleaners then spray it down. Twice a day with plenty clorox when I had a new litter of puppies. I usually just let them run the yard though because the neighbors complain when they make noise in the kennels.

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:34 pm

When I go hunt my Dad or my wife clean my kennels with clorox before I get home. During the week I use Dawn dish soap on the ground and perches, it helps cutdown the body oils left on the wood from the dogs. I also bath my dogs every week, sometimes twice a week depending on the heat. That realy helps keep the smell down to nill.
Shane M: Your dogs no flip out when you scrub your kennels? When you mix clorox and pinesol it creates a very harmful vapor that could collaps your lungs, I would think that a dogs nose being so much more sensative than ours it would cause them some kind of major discomfort. Just wondering. Aloha
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks guys. I too use clorox but I let my dogs run around the patio while doing so. Cory, I know exactly what vapor you are talking about and I am to afraid of jamming my dogs noses so I let the kennels air dry before I put them back in. I usually do this once a week but with my growing number of animals I gotta start doing it more often otherwise neighbors will complain. Already had a complaint das why. Thanks again!!

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 am

No problem. Try use Dawn though, the dogs no sneeze and it helps keep flys away too.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

Right on Cory. Going try some first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 am

ME I let em stink aint nothing like the smell of kennels in the morning Shocked !!!!especially when you stay eating breakfast um um . Very Happy ....lol...nah jus joking im still trying to figure what works best after 18 years you would think i would of figured it out Rolling Eyes .......but every time i think i got it someone comes my house and says DUDE YOU GOTTS TO CLEAN YOUR KENNELS silent and im thnking ....i dont smell nothing but i guess you get used to it after awhile. Sleep

But nomatter what you use....someone will always smell em
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

smelly kennels Empty SMELLY KENNELS

Post  trackandgrab Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 am

POTPOURI

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:31 am

Nah Chris, Your kennels only stink REAL BAD because the dogs you get in the far right stall, mo bettah you give them to me and your problem be solved. I just looking out for a brutha.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 am

hey thats not true Suspect !!!!!! they stink cuz off all the dogs!!!!! bunch of scrubs!! Mad
https://www.dailymotion.com/mason001/video/x72fy8_cole-jumping-champ-swiming

see my dogs bath!!! What a Face
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

smelly kennels Empty smelly kennels

Post  seanboy Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 am

GET THIS STUFF AT WALMART CALLED FABULOSO COMES IN A CLEAR BOTTLE BUT LIQUID IS GREEN AND HAS A FRUIT SCENT..I USUALLY FILL UP A BUCKET WITH CLORAX AND WATER TO DISINFECT POUR IT ALL THRU THE KENNEL...AND FILL UP ANOTHER BUCKET WITH A CUP FABOLUSO AND THE REST WATER AND POUR IT THRU THE KENNEL TOO...BUGGAH WORK MEAN NOTHIN BUT FRUITS YOU SMELL AND WAY CHEAPER AND WAY MORE SAFE THAN PINE SOL..AND THE FLYS DIG OUT TOO!!!I USUALLY DO THIS 2-3 TIMES A DAY
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane M. Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:43 am

I too let my dogs run while cleaning the kennel so that they don't get all chemical high. Pine Sol and Clorox does not make a hazardous gas; Ammonia and Clorox are the common cleaners that people mistakenly mix together causing them to pass out. I also use Dawn. It suds up real good and is good for the smell but, if you have puppies only Clorox will kill Parvoevirus on the cement.

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks seanboy and Shane, I used the dawn this morning and so far so good and also bought that odoban that Cabana recommended and dat stuff is da bomb also. Thanks to everyone for their input. Wat sean you still hunting with Uncle Donny? I was the one that got stung by the one million bees about a month and a half ago... Alohaz - Chad

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  seanboy Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:35 am

yup still going with dem....gotta show my scrubs what pig look like Very Happy
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:47 am

Hey Sean, Cabana told me to ask you about that dog named "Ridge". He said you and Nery know about his bloodline. The reason I am asking is because I get already get one girl pup from him and Cabana's bitch "Diamond" and I also going get one of the boy pups some time next week too.

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  seanboy Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am

ridges daughter is one of the best dogs I have ever owned...She used to line um up for me by herself and with the other dogs....Ridge throw mean pups....every one come good..and very rough..Nery had one 9 months old died from pig....8 months old catching um....and almost his whole pack is from ridge....my 2 pups which is ridges grandson and grandaughter are doing real well....they 10 months old and catching pigs...nothing big but half sized kind...but its stll a pig....pm me ur # an wer go talk story....shoots
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down