Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch

+5
Koa Boa
Kauai808
HYPA
CAVE CANEM
AK Andy
9 posters

Go down

New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch Empty New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch

Post  AK Andy Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 am

Howzit Guys,
I agree and I get bummed at the profanity and attitudes some guys post that give hunters a bad name. I support a New Board that could be managed to keep it all good. I miss Eric and I think that since he set this up for us to have this forum to unite HI sportsmen, that if a new board gets set up then it should be in honor of Eric. I am sure he smiles down upon us and supports keeping the scene clean.
I wanted to attach a pic of a boar skull I got cleaned off by putting down in a shrimp pot and letting the sea bugs pick it clean- it was one 2" shanker that I got to poke dog n knife last April with my good friends Lionel O., ohana guys, and Hog Wild Robert C.
Also, I have always strived to keep the posts I put on the board all about HI, but guys I am so stoked about my catch from last weekend I just had to post some pics and share the biggest salmon I will ever catch in my lifetime. 20 years in AK and I have caught a few king salmon between 40-50 lbs, but this one went nearly 70 pounds. It was a real monster- I hope you don't mind me postin pics of him, I thought you guys might like to check him out. Sorry some are sideways (I still haven't figured out how to get em to photobucket straight)
I'm still plannin to come back this late winter (next March) and I can hardly wait to hang with my crew on Kauai and hunt more hogs and goats again, but up here in AK I fish salmon in summer and hunt deer and moose every fall up here. Not too many salmon in Alaska get as big as this one, so I just had to post this.
I hope you dig it, sorry it is not a HI catch. The boar skull was from April on Kauai though.
Aloha my Braddahs,
AK Andy
New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch DSCF1540
New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch DSCF1552\
New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch DSCF1560
New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch DSCF1517
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch Empty Re: New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 am

Very nice salmon Andy!

How to flip your image with Photobucket:
In your album above the thumbnail you grab the IMG code from, It says edit. Click this and it will open that picture up where you can edit the picture. Play with your photo until you got what you want and then click "replace original" or "save copy". It may still show up in your album as on its side but when you paste the code it will be posted right side up.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch Empty Re: New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch

Post  HYPA Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Andy that thing is a big as you!.....hell of a catch. As for the new board we are working out a few more kinks and it will be ready to go, sooner than you all think. But once again nice catch!
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai808 Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Ho Andy, monster fish. Nice catch and the shrimp did a good job too!
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Solid catch my bradda man wish I was dea eating some smoke salmon with you LOL!!! Cherry da skull too!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Sweet Fish Andy!!!! Those fillets look yummy. Reminded me of snagging coho salmon when I was a kid. Good memories. I agree with everything you said about a new forum.

HYPA---if it will help to get it up and running, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable annual membership fee to help cover the costs of the forum.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Andy, Mean Catch, Is that a Coho? I'll be going on the 8th of next month to Ketchikan, Hope I can get a monster like that but that is a pretty high expectation.

Just bought a freezer for the catch.

Last edited by timmy96815 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my bad)
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:34 am

Nice King Andy!!! a monster for sure. My biggest King was 45# and I thought that was huge, yours makes it look like a minnow. Is that a Kenai fish? I got my two biggest fish in the lower Susitna and Alexander Creek. Congrats man, I bet it's going on the wall yeah? Oh, by the way, I like the skull cleaning method. Did you catch any crabs with it?
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 am

Nah Maui thanks for the offfer but no need my freind we are keeping it 100% free one thing for sure is there is no status rankings on the board and there will be no B,S...we are almost ready to put it up but just a few more minor details you all will see thie link posted once it is ready.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:32 am

Right on Andy!
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch Empty New Boar, Boar skull, and recent catch

Post  AK Andy Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Right On guys, mahalos for the comments, cool- now I can fix my photobucket pics to be straight from now on
It was for sure a Kenai River King (chinook), silvers (coho) get about 25 pounds tops, my biggest silver went 18#- Ketchikan will have silvers running pretty soon, and likely you could troll for kings there year round out in the saltwater, 50 pounders are caught down there every year.
The boar skull caught me a few shrimp- some huge spot prawns, no crabs since the funnel entrances are small and crabbing is closed this time of year. I do catch crabs in winter after the October opener. The shrimp and sea lice clean off a skull real good, the small ones even clean out the brain cavity by going in through the spinal cord hole, then after it gets good and clean , just spray a little bleach and hydrogen peroxide on it. I cleaning off my latest bear skull like this too- arrowed one nice boar in June.
Maybe with the new board we could still post Eric's picture at the heading? I think that would be fitting.
Anyhowz,.....laters guys
Alohaz,
AK Andy
here's what the shrimp look like- 2 kines in there- spot prawns and coon stripe shrimps
New Board, Boar skull and recent AK catch PICT0081-1
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down