Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLNR planning meeting tonight

4 posters

Go down

DLNR planning meeting tonight Empty DLNR planning meeting tonight

Post  Turkey Joe Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Hunters,
I know this is short notice....tonight, October 14th at 5:30pm room 132 at the Kalanimoku Bldg., DLNR is holding a meeting on the next 5 years. They are looking for input on issues about the management and uses of public lands for hunting, campkling, fishing, biking, etc. This is about the questionnaire that went out for public input last month.

If you can make it, great. Constructive input will be helpful. This is an opportunity for input on hunting issues that affect all hunters. Issues like what?...

Here's two..
1. Earning access to areas closed for hunting as a trade off for doing certain amounts of volunteer work.
2. Allowing feeders or baiting in archery areas.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

DLNR planning meeting tonight Empty Re: DLNR planning meeting tonight

Post  Babooze Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 am

I wish I could make it. Joe how are you finding out about these meetings? I go to the dlnr site often and never see anything. Maybe I am just not looking good.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

DLNR planning meeting tonight Empty Sometimes...

Post  Nic Barca Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am

Sometimes the people who are holding public meetings like to keep it low profile out of fear for negative responces from certain user groups while they make it high profile to certain user groups to get good support. Still other cases, they like to get equal support from all aspects of the community to get a fair and ballanced approach (something rare). And of course, the people in charge might just be bad at advertising, or neglect it. That's my opinion from my limited experience in this field. Who was in charge of organizing this meeting?
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm

It went okay, but there were a lot of emotions in the room. The purpose of the meeting was for PBR Hawaii(contracted by DLNR to do the survey) to present their preliminary results of the SCORP survey. This survey is done every 5 years.

The meeting last night was intended to capture any concerns or issues from the public that might have been missed in the survey. Many of the concerns raised were not able to be dealt with at this meeting. The resolution procedure for hearing greivances was not part of this meeting. So, I hope the folks with concerns about DOCARE attend the meeting for enforcement issues on Oct 28th. (Stevenson Middle School)

Some issues raised were:
-conflicting activities in multi-use areas
-access problems because of parking in some places
-problems defining camping vs fishing
-differing interpretations of rules regarding traditional gathering/practices
-non-sensical laws about leashing hunting dogs
-watering parks durng perios of heavy use

The folks from PBR Hawaii took minutes and said they'd make them available.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

DLNR planning meeting tonight Empty Thanks for the update Joe

Post  Ikestr Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 pm

I needed to leave- every time a new slide showed on the screen my daughter would say "daddy- beach"
next slide "daddy- boat" next slide "daddy- bird" next slide daddy- Ok it's time to leave Embarassed. I'll be looking out for the minutes. Thanks again.
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down