Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Class

+3
longest finger
Babooze
muggs
7 posters

Go down

No Class Empty No Class

Post  muggs Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

While on Lanai for the archery mouflon season, I was in the Mahana area yesterday afternoon. I heard flies buzzing and went to check and found the carcass of a large ram that had been arrowed not long before I got there. The backstraps were missing but everything else was still there.

One of the problems is that you aren't allowed to shoot the large rams this season. The other is that this idiot only took some meat and wasted the rest of the animal.

Where is the honor in this?

muggs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

No Class Empty Re: No Class

Post  Babooze Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Muggs, I found the same thing down Paliamano. I found two carcasses actually one Ram and one Doe. The Ram was missing his head and the doe was missing back straps. Was all stink and rotten already. Evil or Very Mad This the kine stuff ruin it for everybody!

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  longest finger Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 am

bachi come quick fo doze kine guyz!!

longest finger
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 am

Babooze,

did you see any Game wardens? I know for a number of years the game wardens dont have a good showing during the archery seasons.
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:14 am

BigIslandHunter, None, Nada, Nothing! Heard PLENTY shots too.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:08 am

Howzit Babooze yeah sadly that has been the case for a longtime even the shooting during archery MEAN!!!

and muggs there is no honor in it.

Sadly it will continue without the proper steps being taken for this kind of thing to stop.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 am

Babooze wrote:BigIslandHunter, None, Nada, Nothing! Heard PLENTY shots too.

dam that is sad, kind of wish the state had money so they could afford it. Usually with rifle we see a few...but not the last couple years. Well guys like that ARE NOT HUNTERS.
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:02 am

That's a shame. There's sooo much things you can do with the meat too. I won't lie, I done it too from time to time when I was younger, for whatever reasons, but now I know there's a ton of things you can do with all parts of the animal. ...leg roasts, burger, smoked, marinated, curry, bbq strips, ribs, shoulder roast, soup, dog food... Even the bones make good soup stock or at least dog food. You can trade it (I trade meat for vegetables on the regular). Get good cookbooks out there. If it's gut shot, there are ways you can clean the animal without gutting and still get all the salvageable meat. There are methods to keep your meat from spoiling in almost any situation. And if you don't want the meat, try ask around because you'll find somebody who will- somebody who might even NEED it. It's only right and we owe it to the animal.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 am

Might as well not take the animal at all if your not going to use as much as you can. That's no good. Not only for the animal itself but for the management. The last time some of my friends went to Lana'i they saw 100s of ewes and lambs and 3 rams. Just 3. At least they could have killed a female...
Jess
Jess
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down