Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt....

4 posters

Go down

MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt.... Empty MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt....

Post  aki Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 am

Howsit gang, i just wanted to start one thread on giving thanks to da huntah dat took you on dat first hunt dat started your hunting fever......well my first hunt was wit Les Decosta at karate shack.....neva catch pig wit him dat day, took us couple hunts but before i caught my first pig i knew dat i was going be hunting for awhile. Im 26 years old now and just this past year i slowed down on hunting due to job, school,baby, marriage, money..ect..but trust me its not da end.. i may not be catching pigs right now but i still get my memories to keep hunting in my blood thanks to my first hunts....So as for me i like to say mahalo to da old man Les Decosta who took me on my first hunt......

aki
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt.... Empty Re: MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt....

Post  ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 am

MY FIRST HUNT TILL THIS DAY I STILL REMEMBER........IT WAS TRIPLER WITH BRADDA ROBERT AND MANNO....ON THE DROP DOWN ALONE WE CATCH 3 40- 60LBS THEN GET IN THE RIVER KILL ANOTHER ABOUT 65 LBS , GO ONE BEND IN KILL ANOTHER DOG SIZE GO ONE MORE BEND KILL ANOTHER 60LBS ALL DEBONE ACTION...GO ONE MORE BEND IS THE PART I WILL AND THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER..WE HAD A SOW ABOUT 80LS THEY HAND ME A KNIFE TELL ME TO KILL IT AND THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT MY MOUTH TILL THIS DAY BRING BACK LAUGHS FROM THEM AND MY KIDS...THE MOST REMEMBERED WORDS WERE" I CANNOT" 'I FEEL SORRY FOR THE POOR THING" GO AHEAD HAVE YOUR LAUGH Shocked Shocked Shocked THEY START ROLLING ON THE GROUND I FELT EMBARREST BUT OH WELL ,WE GO UP TWO BENDS AND WE RUN INTO A BOAR THAT MADE MY HAIR STAND ON MY BACK HE HAD DOGS FLING IN THE AIR BROKE LOOSE RAN IN THE RIVER BED AND RAN INTO OUR MAIN DOG COMING UP RIVER..DEAD BIRD.... HE WAS 95LBS WITH 3 INCH HOOKS ,I REMEMBER CARRYING IT UP THE MOUNTAIN WERE MY LEGS FELT LIKE FALLING OFF...BUT TO GET TO THE TOP I HAD THIS FEELING THAT I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!! SO NOW MANY YEARS LATER MANY BOARS AND SOWS DOWN .......LET ONE HOG SCREAM I WILL KILL IT WITH NO HESITATION..BUT TO MY BROS "WALTER AND ROBERT CARDUS" THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIME AND MANY MORE TO COME king king

CYRUS KANAKAOLE
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt.... Empty MaukaKane1

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:46 am

I can't remember my first hunt but do know it was with one of my uncles. The first hunt I can remember at the moment was with my uncle and we went out Hamakua side and I remember when the dogs hit the first pig my uncle took off to answer and I was doing good until we reached a downed log and as I climbed up the log I remember just standing up and then my boots slippin and down I went! I got up and he was gone! I headed toward the dogs and then they went silent, I paniced and started calling UNCLE, UNCLE! I then heard a Shhh! What you doing? Laughing I'm still not sure if he was ducking and watching me trip or not but I will definately remember that hunt for a long time! We caught a nice boar that day and I've been dreaming of and have been chasing them since.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt.... Empty Re: MEMORY LANE, givin thanks to dat first hunt....

Post  volcano mustang Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 am

first hunt my bradda was with my dad at 9 years old....kaupo maui marciels place....they had land there...4 goats 4 pigs with 2 dogs ....what a day....ever since then hunted every time possible with him till i had grad...and that was it .....5 stall kennels and 20 dogs....hunted 3-4 times a week work or no work....im 39 and i now have 65 dogs with a 9 stall kennel and still hunt 4-5 times a week...my longes i ever stoped hunting in b tween that time was only 2 weeks.....braddas i am hooked on phonics............alohas....now im helping out the hunters all over the islands by trying to protect there dogs buy selling hog dog products.....thanks fo the bus. gang....

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum