Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you think noone is paying attention.

+3
UpFront
Babooze
CAVE CANEM
7 posters

Go down

When you think noone is paying attention. Empty When you think noone is paying attention.

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:52 am

Howzit guys! I was sitting down watching Cabelas Dangerous hunts this afternoon with my son. They were hunting elephants and at this particular time were stalking a huge bull, When my son looks at me and says "Dad, Are they hunting the elephant?" After I told him yes he sat there and watched the rest of the stalk until they got set up for the shot. The hunter shot the bull twice in between the eyes with a .458 Beretta and after the elephant tried to shake those shots and make a run for it , The hunter shot the elephant in the hip which stopped it right there. After the credits had rolled my son looked at me again and said "Dad, They killed the elephant just for his teets!?" My son then tried to explain to me why it is bad to kill an animal and not make use of as much as can. My son will be 7 in March! It made me very proud to hear him say this but also made me really think about the habits and techniques I could be teaching him when to me it is what I was taught.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

When you think noone is paying attention. Empty Re: When you think noone is paying attention.

Post  Babooze Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:21 am

Sounds like you doing a GREAT job raising him! Keep up the good work my bradda! As a parent my self I know it aint easy being an example to your kids 24/7.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

When you think noone is paying attention. Empty Re: When you think noone is paying attention.

Post  UpFront Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:44 am

I just went through the same thing watching the same show! The closing shot of him standing there with just the ivory was pretty hard to swallow. I was waiting for some sort of explanation about how the meat fed hungry people from a nearby village or something.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:43 am

Thank you for the responses Babooze & Upfront! My son and I were actually talking about whether or not we would eat an elephant but he wasn't having it! He did say we could bring home the ears for the dogs! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah saw that show as well and was bummed that they didn't show that as that's a big part of elephant hunting. Having been there and seeing first hand I garantee you NOTHING IS WASTED!!! But they shoulda shown it. Bradda Cruzah good job in teaching your keikis the ethics of hunting good on you. Your dogs would be UNREAL grabbas after chewing on those ears its like chewing on a truck tire Hahahahaha.

Alohaz,
Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  malama pono Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 am

Das cool, teach um from young...that is one solid story!!!

malama pono
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Right on bra you must be proud! Your raising your kid right!!! Very Happy I watched that show the other day to, i was kind of sad when i saw um jus putting the ivory in the boat and paddling off the island they shot the elephant on... hopefully they came back for the meat and donated it to a poor village or something. I think killing an animal without using as much of the thing as you can is wrong.
Jess
Jess
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 am

I was listening to an interview with Fred Eichler of Easton Bowhunting TV and he was saying how The Outdoor Channel will not allow any depiction of gutting, skinning, deboning or processing of the meat. Seems they don't want to offend people. So I guess it's oaky to show someone killing a critter, but not okay to show that same person making use of the animal after.... Rolling Eyes
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

When you think noone is paying attention. Empty It's a dads life!

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Saw this on another board and thought it fit in this thread perfectly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKuSQIJlog
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum