Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTION

+3
Koa Boa
CAVE CANEM
moosehead
7 posters

Go down

QUESTION Empty QUESTION

Post  moosehead Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:45 am

Anybody knows how to do a european mount?just the skull and lower jaw..do i boil the head?
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

QUESTION Empty Re: QUESTION

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:23 am

This site explains it pretty well. http://www.floridasportsman.com/xtra/boar_mount_0912/
You can use the 3% peroxide stuff from the store but it takes more and you have to soak it longer, The powerful stuff (35% I think) you will have to get from a hairdresser. You may have to epoxy a few teeth back in after pau boil or you could bury the skull but risk losing teeth in the soil or you could buy dermosomething beetles and they will clean the skull off in a few weeks.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

QUESTION Empty Rajah

Post  Koa Boa Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:56 am

Howzit Bradda Ted,

Yuh Rajah! Dermestid Beetles would be da best but we no mo dat kine. You can boil the skull n jaw as well I would recommend making a wire mesh basket to catch the teeth that falls out n you can make hooks outta metal hanger etc an jus hang the skull n jaw from the side of the pot. Oh yeah obviously you going need one big pot Smile

Longs sells the 40% peroxide you need go to that small makeup counter I got mine from Wahiawa Longs 3% going take 4eva. As Cruzah said you will need to epoxy or glue the teeth to prevent them from falling out. You can also pull the tusk and fill them with epoxy/bondo as well to help prevent them from splitting. Goodluck my bradda should look cherreh when pau make sure you post pics.

Oh yeah one last thing make sure your neighbors not going mind da smell sometimes dat bugga reek boar to some it can be a little much my sista used to get nuts when I was boiling skulls n jaws Hahahahaha but we love dat BOAR SCENT HAHAHAHAHA

Alohaz,
Bradda Muns

PS...any questions feel free to call my bradda!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

QUESTION Empty forgot...

Post  Koa Boa Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 am

Howzit Bradda Ted I forgot to mention that after boiling/cleaning of the skull n jaw you will NEED TO DEGREASE THEM....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT STEP IN DA PROCESS if you want the skull n jaw to stay nice n white over the years.

Also by getting off as much meat as possible removing the eyeballs and brain it will shorten the boiling time. K my bradda wish u da best with ur project.

Alohaz!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

QUESTION Empty EURO MOUNTS

Post  JYD Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 am

QUESTION Picture797

I BURY THE HEAD FOR 30-60 DAYS...

SHOOT LEFTOVERS OFF WITH THE HOSE

SOAK IT IN CLOROX FOR 1-2 DAYS

PUT IT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR A DAY (FOR BLEACHING AFFECT)

MOUNT

JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  TUFF STUFF Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:52 am

nice mounts
TUFF STUFF
TUFF STUFF
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 am

Howzit Dawg nice mounts do you dilute the clorox as it makes the bones brittle just was wondering? the 40% peroxide work cherry and doesnt damage the bone. Burying or jus hanging in a tree for couple months works too less degreasing unlike boiling. Right on though my bradda nice mounts...Alohaz, Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

QUESTION Empty EURO MOUNTS

Post  JYD Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:28 am

THANX TS...YES KB...I FILL A 5 GALLON BUCKET WITH WATER AN ADD A LITTLE CLOROX..THANX
JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  malama pono Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks for all da how to's you guys is solid 4 share your mana'o!!!!!!!!

malama pono
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  nshunter Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 am

Got this from Erics old post. Tried this on my deer mount and came out good. Check out the original post get some nice pictures of the procedure.

got any euro mounts?
eric@hawaiisportsman on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:36 pm

.Ralph shot the nice boar on saturday and after BBQ the tenderloins and talking story it was already 1am. so he was just going to dump the head. I asked if I could take it and he said of course. So I took off the skin that night and let it sit over night. the next day I got out my turkey deep fryer and boiled the whole head for 2hrs. taking it out twice towards the end and scrapped off the loose flesh. I then changed the water and added a half box of baking soda to the water. this helps break down the grease and removed some of the yellow from the bone. I put that back in for 1.5 hours. all this is at a soft boil. I then used a brass wire brush (got it at longs in the automotive section "tire brush")to brush off any of the extra stuff. I then used some hair peroxide and bleach agent that comes with it. mixed it up and painted it on thickly. let it sit 20 hours then rinse it off and there you go.
Be careful with the teeth. they come out real easy! I lost a couple in the bottom of the pot. save them and glue them in after.

here are some pics.

If anyone has got any, post your pictures!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nshunter
nshunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replys.will try to make my own.
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:07 am

QUESTION Photo-21QUESTION Photo-22
half way done
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar