Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My experience at the Dofaw meeting

2 posters

Go down

My experience at the Dofaw meeting Empty My experience at the Dofaw meeting

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:16 am

Howzit guys! I heard a bunch of differing stories and accounts of what exactly was being discussed at these state wide held meetings so I was sure to go to the Kona one and sit in. I saw a few things that I feel could be worded differently and a couple I just plain did not agree with and will be submitting my testimony to Dofaw thru email, The dead line is November 29th if you're intersted in givng input. The main thing I had in mind when I arrived at the meeting was pertaining to the use of the dogs and right off the bat it was explained as soon as you enter the legal hunting area you can drop the dogs and as long as you're within that area the dogs can work. This sounds like a very simple to follow rule and basically clears up the previous rule the way it was written. In attendance was a representative of the West Hawaii Humane Society and while she gave her testimony I listened very intently to what she had to say, Her biggest complaint was directed towards the treatment and the handling of the dogs leading to a big problem with scrubs running around and being left to become wild and prey on the game animals, While I didn't agree with her one sided view on how many dogs 1 man should be able to use this part of her testimony made great sense! The representatives sent by Dofaw were extremely hospitable and explained every detail and even answered a few questions I felt they could have shyd away from but instead met them head on. If you haven't gotten the chance to read thru the proposed ammendments, Do so or else you cannot grumble when you find out your honey hole is being closed down! Yes closures are one of the proposed amendments!

I'm not sure which meeting a few of the you went to but this meeting was nothing but adults coming together and leaving the majority of their bull at home to discuss issues that we as hunters need to be involved in. Aloha and thank you for taking the time to read this!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

My experience at the Dofaw meeting Empty email

Post  Daniel_Peterson Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:24 pm

For Everyone that is watching what is going on in the news with pig hunting, We need to write a testimony saying that dog hunting should not be outlawed and give your reasons why. I went to the meeting on O'ahu with Shannon Chun, Hunta Chad and Hunta808, we were the only dog and knife hunters there! I all heard was animal activists giving reasons why to stop pig hunting with dogs. Pretty much EVERYONE there was rifle or bow hunters also Cory Vindha and his friend were there, who have been leading the fight to protect hunting with dogs!. And there was a WHOLE table of people against hunting pigs with dogs...Thats the tables in high school the ones you eat lunch on, the long ass ones in the cafeteria, against 6 people who were for hunting with dogs. So If you guys say hunting is what you live for, or your way of life....your way of life is being threatend!
Write an email for your way of life and its your responsibility to do so. Lets show everyone against hunting with dogs that we care about what we do and not let it slip threw are fingers like sand.
Aloha

dlnr@hawaii.gov

This is where you email your reasons to not ban hunting with dogs(also known as testimony)/likes and dislikes about the new laws going to be passed. Just send them something regarding Hunting and what is does for you, means to you, or any other thing you would like to let dlnr know.
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum