Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astro 320

3 posters

Go down

Astro 320 Empty Astro 320

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 am

Anybody interested in this handheld? Heard it is in the works for release! I finally got my $ together and ordered a 220 so I am looking forward to pulling the Jusacruzah and actually having an idea where exactly I am along with my dogs! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Astro 320 Empty Re: Astro 320

Post  Koa Boa Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Sup my bradda they are looking at a later release date for the 320. Still waiting on the new features of this unit. There's a couple I really hope they listened too the people like us who's been using it for years.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Howzit Muns! I couldn't find much info on the new features either! What have you found that bothers you about the Astro 220? I was trying to hold out until Marshall released their system but the dogs found a laho'ole thats been taking them on loops the past few trips so I am hoping the Astro can show me exactly where they stay hitting him so I can come from a different angle and try shut him down. Ninja Laho'ole! Laughing
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 am

Sup my bradda sorry been in da hills! The new (if any?) features havent been released but hopefully soon we'll know what the differences will be. To be honest theres nothing that bothers me per se about the 220 just some features would be nice to have on them as well. One feature that myself and im sure others were asking them about is the two-way radio feature. This feature is on thier Rhino series of handheld GPS Units which highly resembles the Astro units. This would eliminate the need of having two pieces of equipment your GPS and Radio handy during the hunt. And probably the biggest concern is damaging the 220 while using high powered radio's around it. Another good thing about this is if youre hunting with a buddy and you talk to each other it shows you thier position on your map page.

Another thing that would be good would be to have more available bandwidth so more collars could be added to a single unit. For example it has 50 possible ID numbers to use but in actuality you can only use 10 of them. If you notice when you get yours when you start programming IDs into your unit once you use a number (Last number in dbl digit IDs) then in will cancel out the other numbers using that number in it. For example you set your ID to 9 you will then lose 19,29,39,49 and so on.

Also was hoping along those lines that they could do something about the interference issues while hunting in areas where you may pick up another hunters collars. I know its a long shot as they all deal with the same bandwidth so hopefully all goes well and this new unit will be the BOMB!!! LOL!!!

theres some other smaller things but you get the picture.

I just hope its an improvement and not the other way around!

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 am

Muns right you are !!!!!! I HOPE NOT ANOTHER BACKWARDS DEAL..............
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you for the input Muns and BloodBros! I was supposed to take the dogs out this morning but decided to have a beer with some cousins visiting from New Zealand and Molokai. Beer, Music and Family led to I just got up a little while ago! Laughing Hopefully can squeeze an afternoon/Full moon run in later.

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Sounds like you had a great evening wit da Ohana its all good cuz hit'em up dis aftanoon Yessah go get'em!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum