Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAR CUTS

5 posters

Go down

EAR CUTS Empty EAR CUTS

Post  huntachad Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Anybody got any advice on how to heal ear cuts??? I have two dogs that have cuts on the inside of their ear and one dog with a cut on the tip on her ear. I just can't get it to heal. I tried proxide, blue coat, and red violet but for some reason the cuts seem to not want to heal... The dogs are constantly shaking their head or scratching their ears so it causes the cut to reopen and bleed. Any advice?? Aloha - Chad

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

EAR CUTS Empty Re: EAR CUTS

Post  moosehead Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am

SOUNDS LIKE EAR MITES!!!!THE CUTS ARE FROM SCRATCHING......ONE SMALL PINCH OF BORIC ACID IN EACH EAR SHOULD DO THE TRICK..IT'S A CHEAP REMIDY I GOT FROM A VET...HOPE THIS HELPS.......TED
moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 am

Yup I agree with Bradda Ted the constant shaking thier head and scratching thier ears is a dead giveaway for earmites. Handle da mites first then the raw spots they created from scratching will be easier to treat and heal.

Alohaz!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:48 am

Thanks guys... And here I thought that they just cut their ears on the chain link of their kennel. The ear doesn't look raw or anything but it just is cut and doesn't seem to heal, but its worth a shot. Where would I get the Boric acid from? Would the feed store carry it? And a pinch?? Sounds like its in a powder form?? Thanks again guys..

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  spoonmeet Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 am

you can find em in walmart were they get the raid, black flag it is also used to kill roaches...should be less than 5 bucks

spoonmeet
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:01 am

Sup Chad,

When it gets to that point (Looks like a cut) its been aggravating the dog for a bit. Due to the continuous scratching it splits (The Ear) sometimes especially at the ear tips. Behind the ears and top of the ear are also common spots for it to become raw and bleed from scratching. Cuts to and around the ear are humbug and tend to bleed alot due to all the veins,capillary endings etc in the ear. Due to the dog continual shaking of its head,scratching etc its hard for it to properly heal. But once you get the cause of the itching/irratation in check (Da Mites) it becomes much easier to to care for cuts/raw spots in/around the ear.

Shoots!

Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:04 am

Couple drops Mineral oil will also get rid of the ear mites.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:18 am

Thank you bruddah Muns for the insight and advice. And also to everyone that lended their advice on trying to help... Thanks again and happy hunting to all....

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum