Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help.

4 posters

Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help.

Post  Kauai Boy Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Senator Colleen Hanabusa introduced legislation to make all American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffies, Bull Terriers, and ANY mix breed Pit bull illegal! It is called SB79 and would allow immediate seizure of your loving pet (to be sent to a shelter where it will be illegal to adopt, then it would be put down.) It would be illegal to possess, transport or be in control of any form of bull terrier, so no flying them out if it passes, no airline will haul contraband! Stand up for your beloved pets! Here are some links to get active, act now because this is being worked on discretely (under the radar)!

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2009/Bills/SB79_.HTM

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/senate/comm/commJGO.asp

http://content.bestfriends.org/he/vo.aspx?FileID=7882b76e-88dd-44b5-bb04-42f10dcc8041&MemberID=188715670&MailID=8367328
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty anit- pit bull legislation

Post  AK Andy Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 am

Kauai Boy,
do you know an e-mail address or a postal address of who I can send a letter two, so I can voice my opposition to the bill?
AK Andy
mclaughlinandy@yahoo.com
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty Re: Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help.

Post  Kauai Boy Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Right On Andy! here's the email adresses to emaill "ALL our State senators and All ou House reps.

sens@Capitol.hawaii.gov & reps@Capitol.hawaii.gov
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty Opposition to SB79- anti-pit bull legislation

Post  AK Andy Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 am

Aloha from Alaska,
I just wrote 2 letters to the addresses supplied by Kauai Boy, thanks man, I sent one to the Representative of the house and one to the Senator in opposition to this ridiculous piece of legislation - the darn bill seems un-American to me. Anyhow, though I'm a malihini, as a returning tourist and avid hunter who enjoys the state of Hawaii and hunting there with my friends and their dogs, I spend tourist dollars that benefits the economy and I pay taxes, so I felt the need to voice my opinion. Anybody who hunts with dog and knife regardless of whether you use a pit bull or not should write opposition to SB79, if they start with pit bulls then next it will be whippets or whatever else your favorite breed might be that the animal rights folks don't want you to use. Up here in Alaska they made it illegal to hunt bears with any breed of dog, most lower 48 states did the same thing- so as a brotherhood of hunters we had better band band together to make a louder voice in order to assure that our beloved cultural practices remain legal or we'll lose them. There is strength in numbers, so I encourage everyone to stay active in notifying politicians about topics like this and tell your friends to do the same, so I hope everyone who feels strongly about this can find a moment to send an e-mail and voice your opinion to the contacts that Kauai Boy gave us in his post on this topic. Mahalo
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty Re: Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help.

Post  Kauai Boy Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 am

Nice! Very Happy
Andy, you should be getting replies from some of the house reps and senators in a day or two. That's how long it took them to reply to my emails. Some just said thank you for the email and some told me they will not support SB79, which i very nice to hear. Very Happy
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull ban law!! Here's how to help. Empty bill to ban Pit Bulls

Post  AK Andy Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:51 am

Aloha Kauai Boy, I got the exact kine of replies you said- one senator said she will take my opinion into consideration, but most others said they were against the bill. I like the sound of that better!
I also sent letters about SB60 and SB199 - Eric started a post about those anti-baiting of wildlife legislations - I got the same kine of replies about those ones too.
I friend of mine told me that Denver, Colorado just legally banned pit bulls. Not Cool! It's a sad day when stuff like this starts in our nation. My family in Florida owned pitbulls for as long as I can remember......
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 am

Yea guys if you havnt gotten to go to the link then dont waste anymore time a couple of freinds of mine that breed in australia said the same ........the law came so fast that they had no idea....New Zealand hunters were able to knock down the law so right now they are in the clear but in Australia they are illegal ........dont want this to happen here!
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:52 pm

I've been raising hell on the Topix forums but people (non-dog owners) are so fearful and paranoid of the breed that they would rather kill all the pitbulls in Hawaii than support or acknowledge any alternative. I likened it to the internment of the Japanese Americans during WWII. Statistics show that it doesn't make no diference. In fatal dog attacks, for which there were fewer than 300 over the last 30 years in the US, 21% were from pit bulls. That's the highest of all breeds, but mutts scored almost as high. Factor in that the owner's negligence and failure to discipline their dog and that the breed doesn't make no difference and deaths would almost be uneffected by the breed ban. Furthermore, 70% of fatal attacks were to young children and infants for which any medium to large breed could inflict the same fatal damage and do. People would just go back tot he next baddest breeds: dobermans, rott-weillers, adn german shepards, which all had their spotlight in the past as being the bad breed.

So the breed ban doesn't work except to satisfy the paranoya of it's supporters. The number and severity of attacks doesn't decline and a bunch of beloved pets are murdered for no good reason. What a great bill. But either side will try to twist whatever you say to support their views.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum