Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GO PRO BAH

5 posters

Go down

GO PRO BAH Empty GO PRO BAH

Post  AINA PROVIDE Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:52 am

anyone try to mount a go pro camera to ther main dawg(s) cut color? The kine they mount on surfboards and stuff lidat..working on a mount for da cut color,and curious to see what the results will be...jusss for the action..lmk mahalo
AINA PROVIDE
AINA PROVIDE
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

GO PRO BAH Empty Re: GO PRO BAH

Post  RustyKnife Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:27 am

What's good Hawaiian!?!?

You know I've been trying to figure the same thing out!! The show "hogs gone wild" on discovery mounted a 'go pro' on one of the dogs from Texas. They had a harness like setup that had the camera actually mounted on the shoulders. They showed the video and it was crazy bumpy, wasn't much you could see because of the dog running. Almost made me motion sick to my stomach because of the motion of the camera. They showed the dog grabbing pig but you couldn't see the action because to dogs head was down alon with da pig. If you could strap it to da chest snugly, you'd probably be able to get choke action shots!! Let me know what works out for you and what you find... I'm dying to do the same!!

Aloha Mai friend

Doc
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  steady n' ready Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 am

had the same thoughts when i seen it on hogs gone wild! your right was kinda bumpy and didnt know it was on the dogs shoulder but would be interesting to see your dog in action, and not only that but i think could help in some situations when training a dog. watching them try to stop or catch the hog while on the run! how much are those set ups runnin for? good luck on trying to figure out mounting the camera! let us know how it goes...
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 am

As far as I know Joe of USHOGOUTFITTERS I not going say has the most experience but has been running cameras on his catch dogs for longer then I know of anyone else! No extremely amazing footage except for the split section snout or neck before it just gets buried in the pigs hair. Here is his website if anyone like check out his videos, Great guy and runs a top notch hog business! http://www.ushogoutfitters.com/lumpy-vision.htm I believe he hasn't created another mount and so hasn't got any newer videos but you get the idea, Small kine blair witch but great to have a piece of the dogs perspective.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Yrs ago when garmin first came out with the astro and DC 20 the mounting system was crappy. I fabricated a backing plate to mount the transmitter to the cut collar. I tried all kine with it and it worked well as a mounting platform. Once I fabricated the unit to attach to a day glo collar and made a different antenna system I never used the backing plates but I'm sure it could be made to work.

Goodluck!!!

Alohaz Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 am

Just did a search on Youtube "Go pro dog"!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  AINA PROVIDE Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 am

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS, YEAH I SEEN THE ONE ON 'HOGS GONE WILD' AND ON SOME YOU TUBE VIDOES, THAT jusacruzah WAS TALKING ABOUT..VERY INTERESTING, I NOTICED THAT ALL OF THEM HAS THE CAMERA MOUNTED ON THE TOP OF THE DAWG, BUT ME ON THE OTHERHAND WAS MAKING A SOLID ONE PIECE MOUNT ON THE BOTTOM UNDERNEATH THE CUT COLOR/KINDA INBETWEEN THE NECK AND CHEST AREA OF THE DAWG VERY SLIGHTLY POINTING UP, THIS IS BECAUSE "KNOWING WAT KINE A TERRAIN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH", THE CAMERA COULD EASILY GET HUNG UP RUNNING THROUGH THICK BRUSH, BRANCHES /VINES OR WUTEVA IF THE CAMERA IS MOUNTED ON THE TOP. & POSSIBLY SLOW DOWN THE DOG(S) WEN THER RUNNING..IT DOES HAVE A BUBBLE EYE EFFECT WICH MEANS IT HAS MORE RANGE OF VIEW FOR YOU TO SEE "HOW" YOUR DOG CHASE, BARK, SPIN, AND JUMP THE BIG BOARS! LOL THEY SELLUM BEST BUY OR COSTCO MIGHT BE CHEAPER, 250$ OR SUMTHEN LIDAT Shocked JUS GONA HAVE TO TRYUM OUT AH?! lol! WELL SEE HOW IT GOES GUYS.. AGAIN MUCH MAHOLS
-DAYTEN
AINA PROVIDE
AINA PROVIDE
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 am

Howzit Dayten! I was just checking the usual sites and came across a video from New Zealand, Brendan Callis did a trial run with it. Check um out, It's called the Contour Roam.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum