Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRICING FOR DOGS

+15
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
calvin
common sense
HYPA
Kauai Boy
CB
hog428
JAY K
hog killahz inc.
Humble Dog
ballz 2 da wallz
Shane M.
chopzhuntah
BIG G
YOUNG DOG
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty PRICING FOR DOGS

Post  YOUNG DOG Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 am

ALOTA GUYS BUY DOGS AND SOME JUS RAISE EM.......HOW MUCH DO U THINK A GOOD HUNTING DOG IS WORTH KEEPING IN MIND THE TIME AND TRAINING PUT INTO THE DOG AND WHAT ISLAND THE DOG CAME FROM.....A DOG THAT CAN GO OUT FIND AND STOP A PIG........JUS CURIOS WHAT PEOPLES OPINIONS ARE ON THIS.....ALOHA!

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty YOUNG DOG

Post  BIG G Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 am

HOW MUCH YOU CHARGING GIRLS FOR LAP DANCING ''LOL''

BIG G
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty young dog

Post  chopzhuntah Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:42 am

FOR A GOOD EXPERIENCED DOG I SAY BOUT 500 TO 800 BUT ALSO DEPENDS ON BREED.I HEARD SUMONE ON HERE WAS TRYIN TO SELL THEIR DOG 2 GRAND NOW THATS RIDICULOUS PROLLY CUZ THEY DONT HAVE A JOB HAHA

chopzhuntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty Re: PRICING FOR DOGS

Post  Shane M. Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 am

I say if the dog is worth soooo much, why sell it? After reading your question, I tried to put a price on my 2 main dogs. I couldn't, because I don't think I would sell them. If someone came up to me and just offered me something I could not refuse, I guese I could train again.

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  ballz 2 da wallz Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 pm

IT ALL DEPENDS, IF THE DOG IS PRETTY MUCH GUARENTEE TO STOP HOGS IF SHE HIT, CAN FIND PIG, COVER ALOT OF GROUND, HUNT GOOD IN DRY OR WET COUNTRY, GET ALONG WITH OTHER DOGS, HAVE A HIGH PREY DRIVE, AND PRETTY MUCH A PREFECT DOG. I WOULD SELL IT FOR ANYWHERE FROM 800 TO 1000 DOLLARS. I DONT LOOK AT HOW MUCH I SPEND ON DOG FOOD AND ALL THAT STUFF CAUSE THE DOG WORKS HARD FOR YOU, THATS PRETTY MUCH THE DOGS PAY CHECK. IF YOU SELLING ONE DOG FOR MORE THAN THAT, THEN MO BETTA YOU KEEP'EM. ITS NOT LIKE WE CAN GO HUNT AND PICK MONEY OFF THE TREES. ALOHA...........
ballz 2 da wallz
ballz 2 da wallz
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Humble Dog Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:03 pm

It seems so easy to buy a dog with no issues. But you don't factor in the time looking for the dog and training the dog to be the way it is when you buy them. If it was that easy to make a dog people wouldn't be buying dogs. So asking 1000 or more is ok to me. You usually average a year of hunting to finish a dog and $1000 for a years work is cheap. If your not willing to spend the money go with a freind and hunt and make your own dog and see how much time and money you put into a dog and how dogs you go thru to make that tracking dog. Just remember most people would not sell a good tracking dog unless the price is right to them. Some people are buying this dogs for $300-$400 and then training them. People don't really how much factors plays into the price of a dog. I'm saying this with no bad intentions. I also agree hunters should be helping each. LOL.

Humble Dog
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm

in my opinion if u spending 2000 grand or more for one dog that dog better kill the pig, guttem, packem to the truck, and skin'em. cuz not everybody make big bread and thats ridiculous to spend on a dog. that's just my opinion. i can see if the dog is an excellent tracker, no fight, stop pigs by himself, and cattle and horse trained, then maybe 1500 at the most, MAYBE.........
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  JAY K Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:52 pm

IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND THAT MUCH FOR A DOG, OR CANT AFFORD IT THEN LEAVE IT AT THAT. WHY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. THE OWNER CAN SELL HIS DOG FOR WHATEVER HE WANTS. IF THATS TOO MUCH FOR YOU THEN DONT BUY IT, SIMPLE AS THAT.

JAY K
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:13 pm

let me know when someone buy'em from you for 2000 or more.......
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty PRICE

Post  YOUNG DOG Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm

RIGHT ON JUS WAS WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT A HUNTING DOG WAS WORTH.OAHU I KNOW QUITE A BIT OF HUNTERS DAT SPENT $1000 PLUS ON DOGS AND THOSE DOGS LINE PIGS UP SO I GUESS IF U KNOW IF THE DOG IS PROVEN FOR A FACT THEN ITS JUS UP TO YOU HOW BAD U LIKE LINE THOSE PIGS UP Smile THE BEST ONES COME FROM THE POUND ANYWAY! Smile

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:37 am

I train dogs for sale I have got 2000 $ for my dogs at this time I let the buyer set the price if you add the coast of raising and training its far more than 2000$ at two years old dog food gas worming time. I spent 15 years building a dog that can hunt all day and the power to stop big boars I train all my dogs myself . I hope pepole who buy my dogs say its the best dog they ever had if not you can get your money back Ive sold dogs for 6 years I have had no dogs returned

ALOHA

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  chopzhuntah Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 am

THE HIGHEST U SHULD SPEND IN MY OPINION IS BETWEEN 600 TO 1000 AT VERY MOST.CUZ IMAGINE U PICKUP A MEAN TRACKER FOR COUPLE GRAND DEN U TAKE UM IN THE MOUNTAIN NEXT DAY TO HUNT AND BIG BOAR CATCHES UM A GUD ONE UNDER THE COLLAR AND KILLS THE DOG.ALL THAT MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN.......

chopzhuntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:16 am

this is ture most good dogs die in battle if you are paying that much for a dog you need to know what you need So what ever style you hunt your dogs work as a team

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty priceing dogs

Post  CB Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:35 am

Good dogs priceless!!!!.

CB
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 am

but i thought that worming, dog food and training was all part of hunting, or is it not? wen u sell one dog u cannot factor in feed and worming because if u did your dog would be worth like 10,000. it's jus like one car or one truck jus cause you went put 30,000 into it you not going get 30,000 back. and jus cause someone says their dog can do this and that and that's why it's worth 2000 doesn't mean it's true. that's how i see it.
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:12 am

Very ture........

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 am

I think should get one trial period with money back guarantee, especially if the dog costs $1000 or more. It's up to the seller how long the trial period should be maybe around 3wks, a month, whatever and if the dog dies or all bust up (damaged goods) within the trial period no money back. All in all to me if i had spend time raise 'em and train'em from when born and the dog is one ace, that dog is priceless or depends on how broke i am Shocked Laughing Laughing . For pups or young dogs whatever price seems reasonable is ok. Try look on the Hon. Advertiser how much people selling good for nothing, ankle biting, cross breed scrubs that no can even hunt affraid Laughing .
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  chopzhuntah Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:41 am

YEA KNOW WAT U MEAN HOG428 DOGS GOTA WORK AS A TEAM...BUT ITS JUS RIDICULOUS HOW HUNTER SELL THEIR DOGS FOR 2 GRAND AND UP CUZ U CAN TRAIN ANY DOG HOW TO HUNT GOOD JUS TAKES TIME....BUT HUNTERS SHULD HELP EACH OTHER OUT WHEN THEY NEED A TRACKER NOT THROW OUT A DUMB PRICE LIKE 2 GRAND AND DAT GUY NEVER EVEN TELL ME WAT KINE BREED THE DOGS WERE WEN I ASKED HIM TWICE.

chopzhuntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  ballz 2 da wallz Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 am

2 GRAND IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR ME, BECAUSE WHY YOU LIKE SELL ONE GOOD DOG THAT IS SO CALLED YOUR MAIN DOG? MUST BE SOMETHING THAT YOU NOT TELLING ME. IF ITS JUST FOR THE MONEY AND YOU GETTING HARD TIMES THEN I CAN SEE YOU SELLING ONE OF YOUR GOOD DOGS BUT NOT FOR 2 GRAND. EVERY BODY GETTING HARD TIMES TOO. I WOULD NEVER SELL ONE OF MY MAIN DOGS THAT I HAVE TRAINED FORM PUP TO HUNT THE WAY I WANT THEM TO HUNT. I HAVE TRIED SOME BIG DOLLAR DOGS THAT AINT WORTH EVEN 100 DOLLARS. I GUESS ITS UP TO THE OWNER BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR FELLOW HUNTERS A DOG FOR SOO MUCH IF THEY REALLY NEED THE DOG. MY WAY OF THINKING IS YOU SCRATCH MY BACK IN A TIME OF NEED AND WHEN YOU ARE IN A TIME OF NEED YOU BEST BELIEVE I SCRATCH YOURS. NUFF BULLSH#!T ALREADY, HUNT HARD, HUNT SAFE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HUNT WITH ALOHA.......
ballz 2 da wallz
ballz 2 da wallz
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:12 am

to me its funny how drastic prices have gotten on dogs in oahu you go big island and tell the braddas you bought a pig dog for 2000 and they will just shake their heads......but you tell the braddas over here on oahu that and it dosnt phase em......funny, you should be hunting to hunt not make money. Every one should breed their own lines....but being pork hungry can make you spend some dough
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty PRICING FOR DOGS

Post  BIG G Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 pm

You cant compare oahu with the big island thats two different things big island has so much pigs stevie wonder could throw a knife in the brush and kill a pig. The pigs in big island is nothing compared to the ones on oahu. oahu you need dogs that have speed and are agressive. Pigs here run as soon as they pick up the dogs sent not like big island the pigs just stay there. Besides that oahu has to much new hunters that think they can go out and just catch pigs because they see others catching pigs but all they are doing is educating the pigs to run more far. Thats why when you say tell a big island guy that dogs get sold for 2 grand they would laugh its because they can use a blind dog with three legs and still catch a pig. pirat

BIG G
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty keep breeding

Post  common sense Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 am

ive seen alot of hunters had killer dogs but they didnt continue the blood line ,if you have a proven bloodline the dog dont wait to it gets killed stolen or taken away uo going have to start from the bottom. and start all over again or if you got the money spend it alot of guys just wants to be up thier catching every week but lazy to train. evey one has diffrent preference in dogs. just keep on breeding it will save you thousands of dollars. then when times is ruff like now you know have to eat dog food. lol you have money people who dont have patience buy dogs for ridicoulas prices.

common sense
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

PRICING FOR DOGS Empty keep breeding

Post  common sense Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 am

ive seen alot of hunters had killer dogs but they didnt continue the blood line ,if you have a proven bloodline the dog dont wait to it gets killed stolen or taken away uo going have to start from the bottom. and start all over again or if you got the money spend it alot of guys just wants to be up thier catching every week but lazy to train. evey one has diffrent preference in dogs. just keep on breeding it will save you thousands of dollars. then when times is ruff like now you know have to eat dog food. lol you have money people who dont have patience buy dogs for ridicoulas prices.

common sense
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  chopzhuntah Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:56 am

BIG ISLAND PIGS RUN TOO....... THE SMALLER ONES LIKE 100 AND UNDER..BUT THE BIG BOARS 250 AND OVER STAY AND SCRAP SO THE DOGS GOTA BE REALLY AGRESSIVE AND FAST TOO...NOT AS SIMPLE AS THROWIN A KNIFE IN THE BUSH OR USING A THREE LEGGED DOG HAHA THE BIG ISLAND SHAMS WULD KILL THAT DOG IN A HEARTBEAT...NO OFFENSE OR ANYTHING

chopzhuntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:02 am

i agree maui but there are alot more hogs there than here so they learn quicker.....now for a dog to live long on the big island hes gotta have some talent....those big macoons would throw a bull into the shredder all the bulls ive sent to the big island has died....and i thought they were good dogs they were just too agresive, if i had my prefernce and new i could catch i would love to have bayers instead of head hunters but overe here the hogs dont get tired and run baying dogs to the next valley were you cant hear them. I think the price of the dog goes hand and hand with the style you need to hunt were you live.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum