Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeing the Fever

5 posters

Go down

Feeing the Fever Empty Feeing the Fever

Post  Turkey Joe Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 pm

In a few weeks my case of Spring Fever will be full blown.
Feeing the Fever Devilt10
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeing the Fever Empty Feeling Turkey Fever

Post  AK Andy Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:11 am

I hear ya Joe, those turkeys can get under a guys skin and consume his every waking moment. Just like the billies and boars are doing to me these days. Maybe your hunt will go like this?: Gobble,.....Yelp, Yelp. yelp,..... cluck cluck.....Gobble Gobble..........Blam! (or Whack! if you're shooting bow). You lucky guy! I wish I was gettin a chance to call and hunt turkeys this spring too, but Kauai is gonna be Sweeet! .....Good Luck turkey hunting! I wish I could figure how to post a pic with servimg, it won't let me register or upload?
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeing the Fever Empty big island turkeys

Post  YOUNG DOG Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 am

JUS CAME BACK FROM BIG ISLAND AND THE TURKEYS WERE OUT EVERYWHERE STRUTTING.I GOT VIDEOS OF EM AND THEY WERE JUS PUFFED UP EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY SADDLE ROAD MAYBE KILOHANA MIGHT BE GOOD!...GOOD LUCK ON THE TURKEYS THIS YEAR I WONT BE MAKING IT THIS SEASON HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR ALOHA!

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeing the Fever Empty Re: Feeing the Fever

Post  sneakboxer Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 am

The toms are fired up here on the big island! Last week the turkeys were talking there faces off. Is it Sunday yet??? I can't wait to do some running and gunning.
Good luck to all the turkey hunters,

sneakboxer
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 am

AK Andy.....I had trouble with servimg too......get a photobucket account and you can post pics from there too....just copy the url into your message.....As for the turkey.....they haunt me too......especially cause I know where a nice flock is, but can't get access to that private land they stay on...... Sad
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Feeing the Fever Empty Feeling Turkey Fever

Post  AK Andy Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Aloha MauiRhino, Mahalo for the advice on trying photobucket, I will try it for sure. I have called many turkeys off of private land onto where I was allowed to hunt. It doesn't work well first thing in the morning if the toms have hens nearby they know of, but if they are alone its a different story, or later towards noon the hens leave em to go sit on nest and the long beards get lonely, more desperate and vulnerable to come to your calling and decoys. Later in the day they will leave their primary strutting area hoping to find a receptive hen (patience works). Also later in the season the toms are more lonesome without hens that are nested up, and more satellite less dominant toms and jakes are cruising the periphery area and you could whack em. So man, I think you should try to hunt the property line and stick with it and don't give up , it's turkey huntin' and anything can happen. I found it best to sit tight and in one spot without moving, no matter how tempting it is to move to a "better" spot - most guys spook em from moving around to much. Lots of birds cruise around being quiet because they don't want the boss gobbler to come fight em. Anyhow, good luck , turkey huntin is a blast. I finally got my first turkeys with my bow last year, after several years of tryin.
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum