Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You get black dog?

+2
lockaz
CAVE CANEM
6 posters

Go down

You get black dog? Empty You get black dog?

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 am

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on black dogs? Do you run any? Can anyone attest to the fact a black dog is more likely to be able to mistaken for a pig? Do they really taste better? Laughing Nah anything guys just wanting to start a discussion! I just had my first litter of pups and 5 came out black and tan! My main dog before this pack was a black and white Bull/ Heeler so I can say it is tense to see the black coming at you through the bush but pigs also come in a bunch of other colors so.....
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

You get black dog? Empty Re: You get black dog?

Post  lockaz Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 am

yha i had all black dogz and all good just might be a prob if u hunt with a trigger happy friend LOL
lockaz
lockaz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:47 am

I've pretty much always had black dogs in my packs and had no problems, but i hunt strictly dog and knife so i don't have to worry about shooting the dogs. I can tell you this though more than a few times i thought i was about to get run over when hunting night time but was my dog LOL!
curtis
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  spoonmeet Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 am

the color of the dog no make one differance its the heart that matters. I've had good dogs in all colors black included. Right now i have a team of black dogs.For some in the middle of all the mayhem it is easier to tell dogs apart from pigs if they running different color dogs.and also hopefully like bradda said u no more a trigga happy friend that faster than you.

spoonmeet
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:39 am

Right on guys, Thank you for chiming in! I also hunt alone and usually during the day so these black dogs chance of making the team are getting better! lol!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 am

This post has been removed by VBK Wink

Last edited by VBK on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm

I've been told they're all the same color when you burn um! lol!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

Ho my bruddah i like this topic... I personally have three black dogs in my pack. Hoku girl and Faka boy (yeah I know what a name) in particular move very fast and quiet in the mountain. There has been countless times that I myself have mistaken my own dogs for pigs. For this I do not like to bring gun... just to be on the safe side. In fact i just jumped in a tree to get out of the way of what I thought was a pig coming thru the grass straight for me but as it turned out it ended up being "Faka boy" probally paying me back for naming him so. I have had other incidences where i brought people with me that have pointed their rifles at my dog thinking it was a pig. They learned the hard way about the saying that filipinos have short fuses. I took away their bullets for the rest of the hunt so all they had was an empty gun!!! Not to mention the yelling and swearing they received!! And being filipino I did taste my share of dogs. Of course not prepared by myself. And whether it be black, white, red, blonde, spotted or watevas... They all taste the same... lol

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Howzit Chad! I have a spot here on the Big Island that when I first started running the dogs in there it had a good # of cattle inside but when I got in there we took the cows out so right now it is all 8 foot grass with pig tunnels and all day no can see your dogs 5 feet ahead! I've been thinking about picking up a few cows to put back in there! Laughing Open um up little bit! I've had a few pigs come barelling downhill with the dogs right on it's butt but I've also put on a few pounds since high school days so getting off the ground "No Problem!" Having some trees I jump on hold me? We've had failures! Laughing Laughing

I also like throw um in there now, I am 1/2 Filipino so I hope nobody taking my joking bout the adobo to seriously!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum