Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bow Fishing tourney

2 posters

Go down

Bow Fishing tourney Empty Bow Fishing tourney

Post  s_wright121 Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 pm

We are going to be having a Bushwackers club hunt will be a bow fishing tourney At Keanea Point in the next few months. it will be a great day. You will have to be a club member to particpate for the prizes. This is just a heads up for you all. More to follow as info is past on. Very Happy
Aloha Steve

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Bow Fishing tourney Empty Where to practice bowfishing?

Post  tsuyoshi077 Mon May 26, 2008 3:26 am

New guy here. This looks like an awesome forum. I am planning to get back into bowfishing after 21 years. I used to ride my bike to Pearl harbor in the late 80's to shoot some mullet, but now things are different. Any suggestions on where to go? I also called the DLNR and got the same response as the other post stated. I am interested in the upcoming tournament at Kaena pt., but am 20 years rusty and want to practice. Mostly looking for Uhu and Kala. Any suggestions would help.

tsuyoshi077
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Bow Fishing tourney Empty Re: Bow Fishing tourney

Post  s_wright121 Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 am

hope this helps
you can get outfitted with bowfishing reels and arrows from Island Archer
as far as practicing you can go anywhere. it is considered spearfishing qoute from DLNR. any short drop of or the best is off a boat in the shallows. Remeber to to shoot under the fish due to the refraction of the water. So that means the deeper the fish is the closer to youyou aim to you. And as far as the tourny it is a fun tourney for the members of the bushwackers archery club.
aloha steve

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Bow Fishing tourney Empty Re: Bow Fishing tourney

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down