Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bow hunting

3 posters

Go down

Bow hunting Empty Bow hunting

Post  huntaz only Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:13 am

In the future I would like to run a bow hunting tournament, any ideas to make it fair and how I can make it happen,I would like to see two seperate catagories one dog and knife and one bow hunting today there ,s alot of bow hunter,s out there, what,s your guy,s opinion affraid
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Bow hunting Empty Re: Bow hunting

Post  hog killahz inc. Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:56 am

goin be hard brad, but i think the tournament going have to be one two day tournament cuz going be pretty nuts if you trying for do the dogs and knife guys and the bow hunters at the same time for the scale. and i don't know too much about bow hunting for pigs, but not going take more long for the bow hunters for catch then the guys with dogs? that's why maybe you give them that extra day for catch pig. you jus runnem the same as one regular tournament jus seperate the two( dogs and knife category and bow hunting category). But i think that you should jus makem biggest pig outright first place, second place, third place, biggest tusk, and maybe total weight. and for the bow hunters since usually they only catch one pig at a time you jus make it the same without the total weight. that's my opinion on how you should make it.
curtis
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntaz only Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:43 am

Hog Killah sounds like keeping things plane and simple is the best way.thanks ,I do know bow hunters set there feeders for a certain time to go off so they can set them self up.alot of bow hunters set it in the afternoon, how would we set weighin time.or may be feeder will just have to be reset. Open to ideas thanks affraid
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane M. Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:27 pm

I think if you made the check-in at around noon and the weigh-in the next day open from like noon to maybe five or six, that would give the people using feeders enough time to go during their usual time. I agree with keeping it simple too, but I think if the two types of hunting are going to be in one tournament, maybe there should be an overall Trophy boar winner. The one with the biggest weight and biggest chops. That would be interesting to see.

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  huntaz only Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am

brada Shane maybe from noon on sat till noon on sunday that way you have the evening and morning feeders going off but that would be alot of starbucks for me cause I believe in natural tweeking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum