Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy ? #3

4 posters

Go down

New guy ? #3 Empty New guy ? #3

Post  808-phreak Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:40 am

Aloha!!! I was born and raised here on Oahu, but then moved to Illinois for a few years. There is where i got in to bowhunting.I've only been hunting for a little over 3yrs. so its all britty new to me. I have been living back in da islands for 2 yrs. and would like to get out in the woods. Just got some ? about the public hunting areas. I also have accesse to private land but not sure if its a good area for im not sure on how to scout for signs, never hunted pigs before. Any help is much appreciated. Mahalo.

808-phreak
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

New guy ? #3 Empty Re: New guy ? #3

Post  KANUHA BROTHERS Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:26 am

I would be happy to help you! welcome back to the islands.
pm me so we can talk story..............

aloha kanuha brothers afro
KANUHA BROTHERS
KANUHA BROTHERS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Aloha Phreak Very Happy
your private land sounds like your best bet. look for pig trails with fresh tracks, rubbings on trees and diggings from the pigs. then find a spot where 3 trails intersect and set up. watch your wind. you can throw some bait out there to see if they're using the trails everyday. Corn, dry dog food, fruit or what ever, come back and check it in a few days. use a trail camera if you got one. anyother questions give us a shout!
Eric
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambusher Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 am

Aloha and welcome home! Hunt smarter not harder. Even though a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually, scouting and becoming a "master of the obvious" will pay dividends in the long run. Think: food source, bedding area and travel corridor the holy trinity of Hawg Hunting. Now get your ass out there and bring home the bacon! Just make sure you post the photos and keep us all in the loop, we love this stuff.
Ambusher
Ambusher
Piglet
Piglet

http://bowhuntinghawaii.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum