Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Males or females

+3
Daniel_Peterson
SnoopDog
huntachad
7 posters

Go down

Males or females Empty Males or females

Post  huntachad Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Question - what sex do you find to be better hunters?? Almost all the people I know prefer girl dogs. Personally i prefer the male dogs but my pack is about even with four boys and five girls. Just curious... I recently introduced a friend into hunting and wants to start an all girl pack and is waiting for me to breed my dogs. Told him I would post the subject on line and then he could read for himself the pros and cons if any and then make up his mind.

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Males or females Empty Re: Males or females

Post  SnoopDog Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm

females are good beacuse they no fight as much, i tink
an males are good becuse you no gotta worry about dem going in heat an having pups
other thn dat i tink alot of it depends on the type breed an how they are raised, like two males never seen eachother might fight, as if they were raised together from pups,all depends on what u like, seems like the alot of main tracking dogs i seen were males, an less females,
SnoopDog
SnoopDog
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Males or females Empty Male female

Post  Daniel_Peterson Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 pm

I keep 2 males in the same cage but they were raised from puppy together. wether the bitches in heat or not no problems eat out the same bowl no problem. i can keep all my females in one cage with little to no problems none were raised from puppy but every now and then one of them gets catty. haha i guess it just girls for ya but no dog will ever grab another jus growl and bark more just warnings.

the other problem is when the bitches is in heat most the male dogs wont hunt they just follow 1 foot behind the female in heat.
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:47 pm

most people i ask say the same, thay would rather run girls. "but ALL my friends MAIN/best dogs are ALL boys. hahaha i have seen alot of good girl dogs too "my main dog is a girl" but the top 5 dogs i have seen/hunted with were all boys.
NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin
NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hayn/auzzi Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 pm

SnoopDog wrote:females are good beacuse they no fight as much, i tink
an males are good becuse you no gotta worry about dem going in heat an having pups
other thn dat i tink alot of it depends on the type breed an how they are raised, like two males never seen eachother might fight, as if they were raised together from pups,all depends on what u like, seems like the alot of main tracking dogs i seen were males, an less females,

Yeah, i seen more ace males than females my self. I'm curious what every body seen?

hayn/auzzi
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

In my years of hunting, I have seen many "ACE" kanes and wahines. With the higher percentage leaning towards the kanes. Alot of people I know beg to differ. Right now I can heavily rely on my three boys and my one girl of the nine dogs that I have. Out of that pack, two have been with me for a long time now and the rest are puppies a year to a year and a half old. They are picking up quickly as the weeks go by. But in my opinion from my pack, the kanes seem to be a little more focused on hunting if they are not distracted. Three of my girls are in heat right now so like any other boy.... you know whats on their mind right now.... LOL.
Maholo for the feedback guys. Daniel, by the way looks like LOLE caught with that ridgeback cross I told you about that I bred with Nery's boy. Hopefully everything turns out good and the pups come out healthy. Think this batch should rival Stud and his littermates... lol.

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Females are smaller and eat less, Males have serious ego problems! Females bleed once every 6 months, Males pee everywhere! Dominance is genetic in both sexes so the only way to mask it is, I'm the dominant 1! Aces/Main dogs come in both sexes and all sizes and breeds, How much time and effort you put into each dog will decide your outcome. I've preferred my females in the past but had them fixed! Todays pack I favor the boys but also have a female just waiting for her day to shine.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hui-Laho-Nui Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am

I concur with Isaac! "ACE/TOP" dogs are a result of a few different things: In my opinion, it could be a combination of bloodline(breed) and training. Some dogs simply have it in them and some just don't. Sometimes it takes more effort for certain dogs. And yes, just like humans, da way dogs are raised can play a role in how they turn out.

It makes sense that a lot of people's main dogs are kane. I'd assume that boys naturally have more of a drive to do work. Whereas wahine are more nurturing, peaceful and loyal. Don't get me wrong there are some wimpy boys sometimes and there are some animal bitches.

Personally, My main dogs were always wahine. However, most of my frenz main dogs are males. I like to hunt with all wahine cuz no need worry as much about a dog being in heat holdin you back from a hunt. Likewise for guyz who hunt only kane. But at least if u have da females u have da option to have pups if u like. Kane have alpha male issues sometimes. As far as the temperament goes, i have a greyhound bitch dat has an attitude from hell!!! She definitely has a dominance problem. BUT, she always been my reliable dog dat finds pig. In my experience i have seen a lot of kane dogs stopping to pee more times then you'd look at da gps or compass during a hunt. While hunting i thought, maybe its a good thing for them to have a strong scent to back track. But we all know once a kane has his eye/nose set on a bitch in heat, say goodbye to flimsy chain link and their plans on hunting if there is a bitch in heat on da same hunt.

In conclusion, It all comes down to personal preference.

Hui-Laho-Nui
Hui-Laho-Nui
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down