Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ**

+3
CAVE CANEM
KVB
hunters6262
7 posters

Go down

Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ** Empty Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ**

Post  hunters6262 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 am

www.savetheguava.com Please check out this website. These people are trying to stop the release of the beetle. Need support of EVERYBODY!! Let your family and friends look at this website and contact them and give them your information. Let them know you oppose it. Download the Petition and get as many people to sign it as possible. We only have a few weeks left. Anyone that reads it and doesn't act upon it, you only have yourself to blame when its too late. Do your part for Hawaii and our future generations.

Last edited by hunters6262 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ** Empty Re: Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ**

Post  KVB Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 am

Aloha braddah Joe, I tried to get to that link you posted and couldn't get to it. I'll try it again or google to see if I can find it on the net. You're right. Rosyapple is dead all ovah now and I heard others talking about how they want to do away with the guavas. When the rain washes away all the soil, they'll have themselves to blame for killing off plants and trees out there. So, if they release that beetle you mention, who's to say that that beetle won't decimate other speices of plants and trees? Thanks for posting and calling our attention to this.

Mahalo nui,
b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ** Empty Re: Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ**

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks for sharing the link Hunters6262!

Last edited by Jusacruzah on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Buttah you?)
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Biocontrol of Strawberry Guava **MUST READ** Empty Soo.....

Post  Daniel_Peterson Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 am

The release was banned on hilo...or was that for the whole state? just curious?
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyMuffinMaker Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:20 pm

I still dont understand why the states spending so much money to rid our state of guavas. There's more important shit the money can be spent on. Go control the "haole" population, in my opinion its a bigger impact on da aina(no offense, just saying)!
I, too, think introducing something new will be like my truck after playing mud, bugga just going back fire! bom
SaltyMuffinMaker
SaltyMuffinMaker
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  steady n' ready Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:55 am

what else will this beetle do to our island besides attackin the waiwi? maybe after if they release it theyll go aaaah f**k now how are we gonna solve this problem, and that problem it may cause
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 am

stupid fahks ahh
NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin
NEVERslackin'ALWAYZpackin
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum