Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whippet crosses ?

3 posters

Go down

Whippet crosses ? Empty Whippet crosses ?

Post  Buddylee Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Was wondering how many folks use whippet/pit crosses. Hogs here are like the hogs on Oahu, run like they are part horse. Was thinking a whippet/pit might be fast enough and agile enough to keep up in the briar thickets.
Thanks, Lee

Buddylee
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Whippet crosses ? Empty whippet cross

Post  knockout Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 am

I got a pit/whippet/airdale brindle male about 3 years old...catches like a pit, runs circles like a whippet, and smart. Hes been catching pigs, got cut once or twice. Wish he was a little bigger though, hes 40 lbs. wish he was 50 - 60 lbs. Otherwise no complaints!

knockout
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Whippet crosses ? Empty Re: Whippet crosses ?

Post  HYPA Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:22 am

Its all up to your taste , there are alot of fast breeds out their and tons with better noses than whippets, alotta guys here run em (oahu) and they catch scratch . I personally dont run em, dont really like their frames kinda light and shiver alot in the blues also their sight hounds just like grey hounds Pharao hounds and so on......you can get the same speed from a pharo that you get from a whippet. BUt i know hunters who line em up with those whippet crosses it just depends on the style you hunt. Very Happy
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Whippet crosses ? Empty Re: Whippet crosses ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down