Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help

4 posters

Go down

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help Empty Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help

Post  hunters6262 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 am

Most of you hunters reading this do not live on the Big Island, BUT THIS AFFECTS EVERY ISLAND AND EVERY PIECE OF HUNTING LAND THAT WE CALL HUNTING GROUNDS FROM PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE. NARS (Natural Area Reserves System which is a division of DLNR) is on the biggest land grab in the history of the nation totally 18,706 acres here on the Big Island of Natural Area Reserve (NAR) not counting other islands. The State will be installing 17 miles of fencing costing $100,000 per mile. NARS should fix and maintain existing reserve lands before expanding. Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) states "The removal of these NAR lands from the public hunting acreage is not expected to have a major effect on the overall availability of pig hunting opportunities." NOT TRUE! This will cause major impacts to our natural game. The area slated to become off-limits to hunting is "probably the best pig hunting area in the Kulani area." We will have a Petition being passed around by Joe Griffiths 808-687-0966 on Big Island, Desmond Manaba 808-646-0853 on Molokai, Sheldon Alvarado 808-864-6838 on Oahu, Jeffrey Derego 808-281-4011 on Maui, and Robert Cremer 808-651-2956 on Kauai. Here on the Big Island the Petition is ready to be signed at Dels Feed Store and Miranda's Country Store. If you have trouble getting in touch with anyone listed here, please contact me Joe Griffiths (808) 687-0966 and I will see that your signature can be counted. Anybody willing to participate in a peaceful protest and picket at DLNR Dept of Forestry and Wildlife baseyard at 19 E. Kawili St. (corner of Kawili Street and Kilauea Avenue, Big Island)? This picket will be coming up soon so please contact one of the people listed here for the date and time. Please take your time filling out the Petition (date, signature, printed name and address). Time to stand up Hawaii.

Last edited by hunters6262 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect spelling of name)

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help Empty Re: Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help

Post  Koa Boa Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am

MEDIA RELEASE

HONOLULU — The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) is focusing its efforts on ecosystem management to protect our islands’ fresh water resources.

DLNR has produced a half-hour television special illustrating the importance of watershed protection and restoration. “The Rain Follows the Forest,” features Jason Scott Lee setting out on a journey to learn about sustainable life in our island home. Through interesting conversations, he learns about Hawai‘i’s fragile fresh water supply and discovers connections to our upland forest environment, and shares ways in which we all can contribute to protecting our watersheds.

One of those conversations in the television special is with William J. Aila, Jr., Chairperson of DLNR who says, “I think about my grandchildren all the time and the challenges that they are going to face. The worst-case scenario is that our watersheds are depleted and the source of fresh water diminishes.”

“Fresh water is really important for us, it’s important to every ecosystem from the top of the mountain even into the ocean,” continued Aila.

Tune-in on Thursday January 19, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. on KGMB and join Jason Scott Lee as he learns about our watersheds and how they provide nearly all of our fresh water in Hawai‘i.

DLNR has launched a facebook page which has been following the production of the television special. Follow DLNR on facebook at www.facebook.com/HawaiiDLNR to see those images and keep up to date with DLNR news.

Airdates in January 2012

KGMB Thursday 1/19/2012 6:30-7pm
KGMB Sunday 1/22/2012 at 4:30-5pm
KHNL Thursday 1/26/2012 at 6:30-7pm
KHNL Saturday 1/28/2012 at 6 – 6:30pm
Airdates in February 2012

Throughout February on “Outside Hawai‘i” on OC16

Here's something to watch as well im interested to hear what is going to be talked about

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help Empty Re: Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help

Post  BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

i personally dont like the idea of putting up fences in the mountains or forrest. it doesnt make any sence to go and waste money on these kind of projects.government always blowing smoke up our ass.making like they there for us the people of hawaii.the history of the past should be enough for them to realise this kine shit we dont need.use the money on our kapuna and our kieki.just like there other projects lose money.now they going say we need permission for holoholo up in those areas.we no need ask for go to the beach for surf and dive.but for get to mauka get all kine shit blocking the entrances.i like know how come get more acces to the beach then the mountain.this state needs to do better management and keeping us updated on our hills and valleys.if some of them took some time an come with some of us who are always in the mountains every weekend and have them see what some of our rivers and creeks look like.some of them have big piles of broken trees and branches like giant barricades or beaver damns that could be the reason why we have this kine issues.if not this will give them one excuse for traps and thats another thing i not for.cause from what i been hearing this bastereds only waste the pig(S).feed the needy or donate um call us hunters up cause putting traps doesnt solve the problem they only come back to the same area cause thats where they get there food from.run da hounds an they neva coming back that i gaurantey.i know alot of people who would be more than happy to help.what would make it even better is that when we see something wrong or that doesnt look right call dlnr up an tell them what you seen and then maybe this buggahs can go send one crew for clean um up cause some of us hunters can only do so much at a time we not always in the same mountains every weekend .i give you guys permission for put my wife and i names on that petition my name is CALFREY W. STANTON JR AN MY WIFES ONE IS SHELLEY MARIANI .We not legally married but been with her over 21 years.can put my sons names down to ALIKALOI W.K. MARIANI-STANTON AN AKONI D.K.MARIANI-STANTON.MAHALO GANG FOR THE INFORMATION KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AN LETTING US KNOW ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN THE HUNTING COMMUNITY.HUNTERS UNION WE GOTS TO STAY UNITED .RIGHT MY BRAHDAHS AND SISTAHS.THATS ALL FOR NOW .

ALOHA A HUI HOU E MALAMA PONO.TO ALL THE OTHER BRADAHS GET INVOLVED ONLY GOING MAKE US STRONGER !!!

AWWWWWW'RRRRYYYYIIIII.............CALFREY..........OVA & OUT..........
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hayn/auzzi Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:42 am

Brah, this state does so much to boost our tourist industry that they forget about our local people who are watching our home disappear! We gotta protect our watershed for what? So the state can tell us we cannot go there? So they can sell it to someone who will tell us we cannot go there? So it can provide water to the millions of people pouring in to our state every year, drinking our water, filling our sewers to the point that we have to dump sewage into our oceans polluting it to the point of life threatening conditions, then tell the local people malama o ke kai? The more water we provide the more we're gonna need cause they'll just keep coming!This state needs to find a way for us to stand on our own two feet instead of being so dependent on foreign influences (tourism, products, produce, oil, etc, etc, etc). They're running the local people over for the sake of the foreigners and their money! Will it ever end? Will there be a Hawaii for my kids to see? Or a Los Angeles in the middle of the sea? Another Place we cannot go! Another thing we cannot do! Another windmill to provide foreigners with electricity! Another "no fishing" beach for the sake of snorkeling! Mandatory million dollar homes on Hawaiian home lands (to lease not buy) to beautify the surroundings of the foreigners! Anyways, I'm getting carried away! But what's in it for us? What's in it for the local people? We gotta stand up for everything! Starting with the next thing they're trying to take away.

hayn/auzzi
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help Empty WHAT SO SAD

Post  hunters6262 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 am

CHECK THIS OUT...What is the difference between the overthrow of Queen Liliuokalani and all the people at that time stole land to the difference of what is happening now with the land? The difference is now we pay for them to take the land with our tax dollars. They disguise this with their reports that they are keeping a natural pristine Hawaiian forest for us. When you go into these lands that they have taken, you go into a dead dormant forest with no life. Why do they need to take more land that they have never been able to manage? When I ask this question, they cannot answer. They give me politically correct answers with no logic.

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters Stand Up. Hawaii Needs Your Help Empty IF YOU NEVER SIGHN THE PETITION !!!

Post  BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm

IF YOU NEVER SIGHN THE PETITION AND WANT TO I HAVE THE PETITION TOO. PICKED IT UP FROM BRADAH SHELDZ YESTERDAY.I LIVE WAHIAWA.IF YOU LIVE IN THE CENTRAL OR NORTH SHORE YOU CAN CALL ME UP ANYTIME AT 673 9132 OR 744 1589 OR WHERE EVER YOU FROM ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU FEEL FREE TO CALL.ASK FOR CALFREY.THIS IS SERIOUS HAWAII ITS TIME TO TAKE ANOTHER STAND TOGETHER .FROM THE MOUNTAIN TO THE OCEAN FROM THE WINDWARD TO THE LEEWARD SIDE WE GOT TO STAND UP SIDE BY SIDE .MAHALO AN ALOHA HAWAII.

A HUI HOU, BRADAH CALFREY...
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down