Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails

+6
Babooze
huntaz only
Koa Boa
Vidinha
trackandgrab
ollie
10 posters

Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails

Post  ollie Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:31 am

Listen up Hunters if this Resolution passes we'll have a hard time hunting on Oahu. Hikers are asking the legislature to put together a working group to come up with rules on Hunting dogs on hiking trails. You all know that most of the time those hikers with dogs are the problem. It's very important that you call your Legislators not to vote for HCR 60. Call your friends and let them know. As far as the Hikers are concern they don't want our Hunting dogs on Hiking Trails. As you know most of our Hunting areas are on or near Hiking trails. So please help by calling and getting the word out. The word I got is that the meeting will be this Thursday at 1 PM at the capitol. Mahalo

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty HCR 60

Post  trackandgrab Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 am

Howzit,

Did some homework and this is how you can help:

According to Senator Hee's office, we can submit testimony online if we are unable to attend the hearing tomorrow or both. Submit your testimony to Madam Chair Tokuda and Chair Hee at hretestimony@captol.hawaii.gov and be sure to write your position, STRONGLY APOSE RESOLUTION HCR 60, at the TOP OF THE PAGE then your comments below.
Also, it would be good if you cc'd all the senators at allsens@capitol.hawaii.gov and all the representatives at allreps@capitol.hawaii.gov .

Here are the email addresses again:
hretestimony@captol.hawaii.gov
allsens@capitol.hawaii.gov
allreps@capitol.hawaii.gov

These people are trying to stop us from hunting with dogs in public hunting areas so they can take their pet dogs on hiking trails without confrontations with our dogs and are not telling the truth about our hunting methods and usage of dogs. They are stacking the workgroup unfairly with almost all of the participants being known anti-hunting groups. We gotta move fast because I think the hearing is tomorrow already!

THANKS.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty correction

Post  trackandgrab Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:10 am

I had a typo on this email address. Sorry....my bad. This one should work.

hretestimony@capitol.hawaii.gov

Kden..............thanks.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty letter of testimony in opposition to HCR 60

Post  Vidinha Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:10 am

HUNTERS: this is the letter of testimony that submitted by a friend. ALL are WELCOME to copy it, add personal statements, your name/contact info and sent it to:
hretestimony@capitol.hawaii.gov
sens@capitol.hawaii.gov
reps@capitol.hawaii.gov
DO THIS TONIGHT OR FIRST THING IN THE MORNING CAUSE THEY ARE HEARING THE BILL THURSDAY APRIL 23!

Dear Chairs and Madam Chairs,

As an outdoor enthusiast, avid hiker, dog owner and hunter I strongly oppose resolution HCR 60 and I ask you to do the same.

HCR 60 states that "hunting dogs are trained to aggressively pursue all animals, without distinction between wild animals and pet dogs." This statement is FALSE. Hunting dogs are just as trainable as pet dogs, but it is the responsibility of the hunter to teach his/her dogs the difference between 'prey' and 'friend'. My dogs are trained from a very young age to avoid livestock.

HCR 60 also states that "lost, injured, and neglected hunting dogs at times end up at local animal shelters without any permanent identification, making it difficult to reunite them with their owners and generating additional expenses for taxpayers" While this is true the statement is equally true for pet dogs, infact the number of stray/non-hunting dogs in a shelter at any given time is far greater than 'hunting' dogs.

HCR 60 recomends "a dialogue among the various groups that are affected by the presence of hunting dogs on public hiking trails". HCR 60 recommends 11 groups to be included in the working group, only 2 represent the hunting community while the majority of the remaining groups are known to have an anti-hunting stance.

In a presentation to the Kailua Neighborhood Board, Linda Vannatta, of Citizens for Safe Hiking admitted that "there had been no direct contact with hunters" regarding this issue. In the same presentation, Vannatta stated that "37 of 40 public hiking trails on Oahu allow hunting with dogs". While DLNR/Na Ala Hele recognizes 40 trails, they list only 12 as hunting access trails, all other hiking trails are outside of public hunting units. It is common knowledge that there are far more than 40 trails on Oahu which are open to hiking but are not recognized by state agencies.

In conclusion I would like to say that I oppose HCR 60 because the information presented to the Neighborhood Boards and within the resolution itself is incomplete, poorly researched, baiased and false in the eyes of ethical hunters. I strongly oppose resolution HCR 60 and I ask you to do the same.

Sincerly,
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty Re: HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails

Post  Koa Boa Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 am

I sent in testimony as well WE need to stop this, its filled with biased opinions, untrue statements and negative comments.

One thing I would like to add if youre sending in testimony is to add that hunter's PAY to use the area's,trails etc where we hunt. It gives us a form of PERMIT to be on those trails while hikers can just do and go as they please. Our hunting license fees go into a fund that helps the state maintain trails etc. what do the hikers pay for? So I feel this is a valid point to bring up in these types of meetings to let people know that licensed hunters pay in order to be able to enjoy thier sport,hobby,pastime and WAY OF LIFE!!!

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty Re: HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails

Post  huntaz only Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm

sent in my comments on hcr 60 . all hunters we do need your help . thanks affraid affraid Brad
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Come on Hunters! All you gotta do is copy and paste! If you can show up at the capitol today too!

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty Rajah dat.

Post  trackandgrab Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Good point koa boa. Also, it is my understanding that hunters finance more wildlife conservation efforts/programs than any other group including all of the ones listed in the "working group" for this resolution.

I am impressed with the intelligence, knowledge and integrity that hunters are displaying on this issue. These people are expecting us to be violent and senseless at the hearing today. That would work against us if we do that even if our points are valid. We need to be smarter then them and obviously we are with regards to this issue and I suspect much more. We can beat them with facts, expose their lack of knowledge on the subject and the fact that they are wrong. We are smarter than them on these issues and we can defeat them with our brains and calm, factual, testimonies.

They think we are stupid! We know that's not true and it's time to show them whats up. Me, my family and friends (even the non-hunters) have sent in testimonies last night. I going try dig-out from work and attend the hearing. If I no can, my prayers will be with the warriors that do attend on our behalf.

Mahalo

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Just sent mine in, Hope they get it before the meeting.
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty damnit!

Post  koai'e Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:02 am

those dipshits passed it! Crying or Very sad
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2009/lists/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HCR&billnumber=60

Now we really have to get involved to make sure the final outcome is fair to all. Thank you to all who posted testimony.
koai'e
koai'e
Piglet
Piglet

http://nalanz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:38 am

I cannot tell you how eye opening this experience was. Hunters we gotta be INVOLVED! This was my first time participating in something like this. I provided testimony as did Ollie, Myles, Danton and his son. These "Hippy" types are SPOOKY to say the least. They are not scared to lie to achieve their agenda. According to them our dogs are spreading disease, need to be sterilized, micro chipped and don't belong in the mountains. Fred Hemmings himself admitted to walking his dogs without leashes! WATCH OUT AND GET INVOLVED! These idiots are not going away!

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  HUNTAH Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 am

i was trying to do it online but didnt kno how....
Crying or Very sad sorry.....
HUNTAH
HUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:15 am

It sucks that this past, But my ? is this HOW ARE THEY GONNA ENFORCE any law they come up with when we are in the mountain?

Does this also include lost dogs returning to the shirt?

Im kinda lost on this issue I have to admit, but I dont think these are the right groups to be doing any kind of study on our way of hunting, But what are they gonna study? how are they going to get were we are in the mountain? are they just gonna take some tree hugger statement and put that into the study as fact?

And how would they even put a law into words?...."hunters must hunt with dogs on leash at all times"....even non hunters know that the dogs have to roam to find the pig.

I dont see the vitality in even creating a "group" to study our transportaion and running of our dogs.......I can almost gaurantee that no HPD officer would waste their time on this an neither would a Sherrif if they even made a law.

humane society will have a field day with this gurans and so will the game wardens.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:49 am

Just a short note. I want to thank all of you who took the time to participate. My hat off to you. Although they pasted it, it's not as bad as the original Resolution. All we can do now is to encourage you to start calling your Representatives and Senators and voice our objection. To me any form of this Resolution will hurt us. So call now, e-mail do something cause when it's over it's OVER. Believe me if alot of people call they'll think twice before they pass the resolution on final reading. Because the Senate made changes it has to go in conference committee before it become final. Thanks again

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HUNTAH Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:10 am

how the hell are we gonna catch pig then if we cant let them goo????
das f*ck up.das a stupid law,why dont the hikers keep there stupid dogs on a leash??
we cant tell the dogs for go here and there,they go where get pigs right??
HUNTAH
HUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

HCR 60 Safe use of Hunting dogs on Hunting trails Empty It aint over till it's over!

Post  trackandgrab Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:54 pm

This is my understanding of the current status on this resolution. The resolution passed WITH AMENDMENTS. This means that some of the language already has been changed and it is possible that more language may/will be striked or changed. It also means that it will be reviewed by the house again and at that point they, the house, still can kill this resolution. I've been told that this is the current status and that this is how it works.

So.....we never get smoke job! We hit and stay chasing. We still get GOOD chance for steady bark and even scream!

In the meantime, it would be smart not to give them (hikers, etc.) ammunition to use against us because they will be looking for it. We should try our best to be polite to the hikers when we encounter them even if we may not necessarily feel that way after what they are trying to do to us.

Kden...............

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Much Mahalo To those that went to the capitol and gave testimony and to those who sent in thier testimonies.

And as some already mentioned its NOT over so WE NEED to be diligent and not give up thinking this is the end of the line.
it aint so we still have a chance to get this resolution killed but we gotta do as Ollie pointed out. Call,Write etc. to the legislature and let them know (POLITELY) that you strongly oppose HCR 60.

I believe we can beat this if we all come together and call and or write our reps. and sens. If we give them facts and explain the truth
it will go a long way in getting this defeated.

What we as Hunters need to realize is like Babooze said they are not afraid to lie and cheat to get their way. So we need to nullify those lies and cheats by giving them the truth and the facts about Hunters and their dogs. At the same time like trackand grab mentioned we CANNOT give them any more excuses to do this. Even though we are irked by whats going on we still need to be courteous and do what is asked of us to do when we encounter hikers on the trails.

We need to let those in authority know that we pay for ability to hunt also monies from the sales of ammunition and firearms etc go into the pittman robertson funds that fund a huge part of outdoor activity based projects some not even related to hunting. So our tax dollars on these things pay for and fund alot of outdoor recreation that others enjoy but dont pay for. Like trail maintenance.

Lastly, I would like to encourage those hunters who are able to do volunteer work with the various agencies and organizations that do outdoor activities. Like the state DLNR, TNC, Our program etc this is a very good way to let these people know that we are not the people they perceive us to be. Also volunteering especially with the state you have a vested interest in what you do because their is what they call in kind svc's that match your hours of volunteering with funding they recieve to do trail maintenance etc.

Hope we all come together and defeat this because as Ollie pointed out ANY portion of this bill if passed WILL HURT US!!!

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down