Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just keeps getting better!!!

+7
hogheaven
Dhunta
Da plumber
hayn/auzzi
hunters6262
CAVE CANEM
Koa Boa
11 posters

Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Just keeps getting better!!!

Post  Koa Boa Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 am

This is straight outta the law books gang I just copied and pasted it so others can see that DLNR HAVE NOT BEEN LIVING UP TO THE STATUTES THAT THEY SHALL ABIDE BY!!!

HAWAII REVISED STATUTES 183 D

§ 183D-2. Powers and duties of department

The department shall: (The department metioned here is the Department of Land and Natural Resources or DLNR )

(1) Manage and administer the wildlife and wildlife resources of the State;

(2) Enforce all laws relating to the protecting, taking, hunting, killing, propagating, or increasing the wildlife within the State and the waters subject to its jurisdiction;

(3) Establish and maintain wildlife propagating facility or facilities;

(4) Subject to the provisions of title 12, import wildlife for the purpose of propagating and disseminating the same in the State and the waters subject to its jurisdiction;

(5) Distribute, free of charge, as the department deems to be in the public interest, game for the purpose of increasing the food supply of the State; provided that when in the discretion of the department the public interest will not be materially interfered with by so doing, the department may propagate and furnish wildlife to private parties, upon such reasonable terms, conditions, and prices as the department may determine;

(6) Ascertain, compile, and disseminate, free of charge, information and advice as to the best methods of protecting, propagating, and distributing wildlife in the State and the waters subject to its jurisdiction;

(7) Gather and compile information and statistics concerning the area, location, character, and increase and decrease of wildlife in the State;

( Gather and compile information concerning wildlife recommended for release in different localities, including the care and propagation of wildlife for protective, productive, and aesthetic purposes and other useful information, which the department deems proper;

(9) Have the power to manage and regulate all lands which may be set apart as game management areas, public hunting areas, and wildlife sanctuaries;

(10) Pursuant to section 183D-65 of this chapter, destroy predators deemed harmful to wildlife;

(11) Formulate, and from time to time recommend to the governor and legislature, such additional legislation necessary or desirable to implement the objectives of title 12; and

(12) Preserve, protect, and promote public hunting.

I highlighted a couple that some may find eye catching!!!

This is my last post about this stuff as it seems that most huntaz think that this stuff doesnt involve them or theyre somehow unaffected with this stuff or they honestly dont care about the subject etc.

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Re: Just keeps getting better!!!

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 am

Nuff Said, Mahalo Muns!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Hear you

Post  hunters6262 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

Braddah don't let anybody get you down keep up the good work one day soon they will learn we pushing forward which i pray for our future generations will have our culture n lifestyle . Can lead a horse to the water but u cannot make the JACKASS DRINK . Fight Braddah we never quit

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hayn/auzzi Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm

yeah hawaiian, i wouldn't kno these things if not for you posting. Mahalo! I'll try to show my support anyway I can.

hayn/auzzi
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty ad one more to that lawsuit, great work

Post  Da plumber Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm

BRADDA MUNNS keep on pressing thanks for all your hard work.there should never ever had any fencing on any public lands.Dlnr breaks there own laws. Let hunters manage the land

THIS JUST BREAKS MY HEART FOUND THIS ON THERE OWN WEBSITE

DLNR-DOFAW will conduct animal control activities, specifically aerial shooting from helicopters, within Palila Critical Habitat. in the Mauna Kea Forest Reserve (Unit A) and Kaoe Game Management Area (Unit G) ont he island of Hawaii for feral goats, sheep, mouflon/feral sheep hybrids from February 21 - 22, 2012. Public access will be restricted and allowed by PERMIT ONLY.

DLNR SHAME ON U WHAT U KILL U MUST EAT THAT'S DA LAW MY LAWAGAIN BRADDA MUNNS I THANK YOU FOR ALL U DO.ALL THINGS HAWAIIAN, CULTURALLY, TRADITIONALLY,SPIRITUALLY

Last edited by Da plumber on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Da plumber
Da plumber
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty ryt on

Post  Dhunta Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

just wantd to share : everyone will be affectd , if not now in the future they certainly will . i went to the meeting at nani mau & wrote a comment on the hearing of this the other day . i only knew of these from info on here .when i see something new on this subject i readum and i tell some frenz nd family also .
so if you nd other never put this important info here i and others wudnt know . so thanks for the info . the bill never go thru all the way so maybe still get chance yah.
Hilo Harvest(dwn twn)-sat,march 10,2012(nxt wkend) something good to support to .
mahalo everyone .

Dhunta
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Mahalo for the time and effort!!!

Post  hogheaven Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Mahalo Bruddah Muns,hunter6262, Da Plumber and the rest of you who take the time and energy to educate all hunters about the beaurocratic blindsides that threaten our culture, heritage and way of life. I, for one, appreciate the time you folks take to share the knowledge and encourage others to take part in the fight. Unfortunately, some don't get it and don't care. However, I believe most do and appreciate your efforts. Please continue to post as it stirs the pot and sheds light on issues that affect us now and in the future. Gotta' team up to keep our rights!!!

For those who bypass these threads and can't see the big picture....You can cut and jump the fence, for now....but it's useless once everything or most everything is killed off and dead. Prime example is Pohakuloa Training Area (Big Island) and the eradication of most every ungulate in area 22. That place used to be crawling with sheep, goats and some pigs. Some of the best, if not the best, archery hunting on the island. Now, you find skeletons along fenced areas where the government layed them down from the chopper and left them to rot. POHO!

Gotta' think about our keiki!
hogheaven
hogheaven
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  maukadogs Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 pm

wassupp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bradda muns this sunny give me a call my bradda like talk story about the topics. 953-5399 ALOHAS

maukadogs
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Muns

Post  Daniel_Peterson Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 pm

So if their not doing what they are legally obligated to what are our options to have them start doing the right thing? Just curious I don't know how these gov. Things work.
Aloha. Or feel free to call 277 1283 if you prefer.
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty NEVER QUIT!!!

Post  Koa Boa Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

Aloha my bradda's rajah dat and Mahalo for the replies!

I been in the game to long to quit or stop plus im a fighter not one who backs down from anything in my life no matter what it was. And im sure as hell aint gonna stop fighting this fight as it is about the very thing that I AM.....A HUNTA!!!

Its just frustrating when I see post on here daily about pigs caught,congratulating others about there catches,items or dogs for sale etc yet NOT ONE, LEMME REPEAT DAT NOT ONE TESTIMONY IN OPPOSITION TO A BILL THAT IF PASSED WILL AFFECT HUNTING STATEWIDE. I put up the link and instructions so others could go and submit comments. It passed decision makimg with minor amendments and has been passed to the house. The troubling thing about this bill is that it has passed all stages and hearings with ALL YES VOTES! What this means is that theres no opposition to it in the legislature so if we want to stop it its up to us to do so.

I just feel that this stuff isnt taken seriously but trust me its very serious. I've seen documents,been in meetings and read papers to this effect and believe that this is just the beginning.

So in the end we huntaz will only be able to look in the mirror and blame only ourselves for not doing enough to protect the very thing we hold so dear. Our children will never know the thrill or joy of thier first solo catch or the pride in thier heart when the pups they bred and raised and trained action thier fist pig etc and the biggest one of all they will never know the emotion that comes with taking thier own children hunt for the very first time. They are the future hunters that will have no voice in the matter because we chose to be complacent and non reactive to those things that threaten our hunting culture and tradition.

Bradda Sonny and Daniel I give you braddas a call when I get chance.

Mahalo to all those in the struggle keep pressin' im right there beside you!

Alohaz,

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty Hope

Post  hunters6262 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Muns we get hope the lawsuit is in the making , for myself I missed the deadline on my testimony couple hrs late they wouldn't except. If we win we want to put together a game management plan and have people on all the islands do there own for each island , we don't need the enemy telling us anything anymore they listen to the people . Call when u have time . Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Just keeps getting better!!! Empty testiomal

Post  tm96785 Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:59 am

howzit munsta i when put in my testimony they even sent me one conformation e-mail how come they saying neva have. give me one call can forward it to you. as messed up if the peoples voices arent being heard and just being brushed to the curb.

tm96785
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 am

Right on Bradda Joe a bill was introduced this year to have DLNR work with hunter's but it was shut down pretty quick heres the bill:

SECTION 2. (a) The department of land and natural resources shall establish a statewide program, in cooperation with licensed hunters, to reduce the population of feral ungulates on public lands.

(b) The department shall determine the requirements of the program to ensure its safety, feasibility, and effectiveness, including:

(1) Specific dates, times, and duration of the program;

(2) Hunting methods, including weapons and the use and number of dogs allowed to a hunter or hunting party;

(3) Bag limits, if any;

(4) Specific prohibitions, such as types of weapons or baiting;

(5) Hunting notices to be posted in or near hunting areas;

(6) Harvest information, including hunter names, date, hunt duration, location of harvest, number of feral ungulates, and sex and weight of each animal;

(7) Permit procedures; and

(Cool Other information, as appropriate.

(c) For the purpose of this section, "feral ungulate" shall have the same meaning as "game mammal" in section 183D-51, Hawaii Revised Statutes.

(d) The department of land and natural resources shall submit a report to the legislature, no later than twenty days prior to the convening of the regular sessions of 2013 and 2014, on the activities and effectiveness of the program, including recommendations to continue or discontinue the program and any legislation required, if appropriate.

SECTION 3. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.

INTRODUCED BY:

Report Title:

Hunting; Feral Ungulates

Description:

Requires the department of land and natural resources to establish a statewide program, in cooperation with licensed hunters, to reduce the population of feral ungulates on public lands; requires reports to the legislature prior to the convening of the regular sessions of 2013 and 2014.

Heres the testimony from DLNR:

Testimony of
WILLIAM J. AILA, JR.
Chairperson
Before the Senate Committee on
WATER, LAND, AND HOUSING
Thnrsday, February 9, 2012
1:15PM
State Capitol, Conference Room 225
In consideration of
SENATE BILL 2368
RELATING TO HUNTING
WILLIAM J. AILA, JR.
CHAIRPERSON
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES

Senate Bill 2368 directs the department to establish a statewide cooperative program between the
Department of Land and Natural Resources (Department) and hunters to reduce the population of
feral ungulates on public lands. The Department has no objections to the intent of this bill, but
notes that it is not necessary since such a program is already being implemented by the
department. (REALLY???)
The Department provides comments below for clarity.
The Department is committed to enhancing opportunities for public hunting where it is safe,
feasible, and effective to do so. The Department encourages public hunting in areas managed for
sustainable game hunting as well as areas where control of feral ungulates is the management
goal. A discussion of the Department's methods and approaches to the implementation of that
program are provided in Technical Report 07-01
(http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/pubs/Ungulate%20Control%20Methods%20FINAL%20Mar
%202007.pdf).
Public hunting is allowed and encouraged in more than 99% of the nearly one million acres of
lands managed by the Department's Division of Forestry and Wildlife. ( And who said no more places for hunt bwahahahahahaaa ONE MILLION ACRES GANG.....LETS ROLL! YEAH RIGHT!!! )
Many of the areas where
feral ungulates are identified as being in need of greater control are areas where public hunting
access is limited or restricted, such as populated areas where the safety of other recreational users
may be at risk, or areas surrounded by private lands, through which no public access is available.
Enhancing access to public lands for recreational and subsistence hunting is a department
priority
HOLY MOLY AM I READING THIS RIGHT, WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A DEPT. PRIORITY.....Smellin' some BULLLLLLLSHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT
To that end, the Department has recently established a new section within our wildlife
program dedicated to increasing access to public and private lands for public hunting, and to
increasing the inventory of lands available for public hunting through cooperative agreements
with landowners, establishment of leases, or purchase of fee title.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

Right on Bradda Tommy got ur email Mahalo Nui

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 am

Interesting post Muns.

In the DOFAW letter, the part about access being a priority was a slap in the face considering everything up to this point. Hope tehy come through with their promise. Corect me if I'm wrong but DOFAW really does manage less than 10,000 acres of fenced areas (and growing). The bulk of fencing is managed by the national parks, the nature conservancy, the military, national wildlife refuges, and private landowners in watershed partnerships. I wish I could give you accurate numbers but I'd have to guess 1% to 5% Hawaii’s total landmass (not including proposed fences). Multiply by 2 to get an approximate amount of forest reserves fenced.

As to DOFAW already controlling animals with public hunting- I looked at maps of DOFAW’s draft management guidelines to see what areas are desirable to have hunters manage game numbers at low levels (designated A-3, see below) and looked at the rules to see if DOFAW actually follows the guidelines. IT WAS CLEAR THAT THEY MOSTLY DID NOT. Another slap in the face.

And here’s a big problem. The environmentalist ideology is partly fueled by this idea that hunters cannot control game numbers to satisfactory levels, and yet they hardly gave hunters a decent chance. And in the past, hunters did in fact prove capable before all these game laws. This is described in Diedre Duffy’s master thesis on the history of game management in Hawaii.

DOFAW Draft Management Guidlines for Game Animal Management
A-3: Game Control (public)
In these areas resource protection is the primary objective, with emphasis on native plant communities and watersheds. Seasons and bag limits are designed for public hunting to reduce impacts to native resources

Good night you guys.

Last edited by Nic Barca on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : messed up on my hyperlink...)
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum