Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TODAYS NEWS

+9
hunters6262
Huntaz Of War
kumu
Misadventure Gear
KVB
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
steady n' ready
CAVE CANEM
JYD
13 posters

Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty No pay attention and you going lose!

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:34 pm

If anybody like read the resolution passed yesterday hit me up!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty NEWS

Post  JYD Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:09 pm

WOW..a child gets bit in the face by a house dog and HPD and Humane society do nothing because it happened on private property?

an 18yr old cat gets attacked (on private property) and you hold a city council meeting?

I know its election time..but C'mon...wheres the priorities???

mean the dope!!!!
JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty Re: TODAYS NEWS

Post  steady n' ready Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:34 pm

its funny how dogs gotta be tied up or kenneled! what about cats that wonder the neighborhood or outside their owners property? ever heard of any citations being issued towards cats? lol....geeeesh. dogs dogs dogs
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 am

MEAN.......affraid
JYD wrote:WOW..a child gets bit in the face by a house dog and HPD and Humane society do nothing because it happened on private property?

an 18yr old cat gets attacked (on private property) and you hold a city council meeting?

I know its election time..but C'mon...wheres the priorities???

mean the dope!!!!
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
BLUE MOUNTAIN TRAILA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 am

Anybody read it?
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Last edited by VBK on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Was just checking to see who cared enough to read it, LMK what you think!
http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-127800/705w3qpf.pdf

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 am

It sounds like they are first and foremost asking for more strict enforcement of game laws already on the books. Changes to current game laws would be the requirement for written permission, and the 500yd buffer zone from housing. Whether actual changes to the game laws are made isn't so much the point, as that they are applying pressure to DOCARE to be more strict. Realistically, given the bad press lately, I think we all know we can expect it anyway, on all islands, even without the resolution.

The 500 yard rule, if one was enacted, would potentially remove a lot of land from hunting. However, I can foresee problems in enforcing it. What if you are in one valley where the nearest house is 700 yards below you, but in the next valley over, there is a house closer to the same elevation you are at? It may be within 500yds, but that valley might not even be accessible due to cliffs, so would it still be applicable? Seems a bit arbitrary to me, given how rough the mountains can be. Not to mention, a lot of game lives in that 500yd buffer. I read that several radio collar studies have proven the average deer beds within 330 yards of homes. I bet many pigs do too.

IMHO, the written permission rule shouldn't be that much of a big deal. If the landowner says you can hunt, getting him to write it down shouldn't be that hard. That said, I'd like to hear what the objections to it might be.

Now that deal with the kid attacked by the dog and nothing gets done is pure BS. Of course, even if something gets done, you won't hear about it in the news, because it isn't much of a story in itself, compared to all the huhu over hunting dogs lately.

I noticed the news storys talked about asking for hunters to be limited to one dog, but that it did not make it into the resolution. I'm glad it didn't. Seems to me that you are putting both the dog and the hunter at higher risk of serious injury if you are only allowed one dog.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kumu Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 am

Its been awhile since i've been on here, but i gotta say that this is a bunch of bullshit and the lady and the media can kiss my white ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if the Media wants to talk to me or the fake lady my number is 723-9789 KUMU

kumu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntaz Of War Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 am

BRAH THIS IS FAK UP I HUNTED FOR 21 YEARS NOW THIS SHIT IS GONIG TO COME ABOUT CUZ OF SOME FUCK UP HUNTAZ BRAH THATS BULL SHIT TO ME I CAN SEE IF WAS A COW OR WAS HORES BUT 1 CAT THAT WAS SLEEPING UNDER 1 CAR BRAHIF THATS WAS,THEN BRAH THEY SHOULD BE LOKED UP LIKE HUNTING DOGSA THATS BULL SHIT
Huntaz Of War
Huntaz Of War
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty Point

Post  hunters6262 Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 am

If we had hunting area' s like it should be Hunters wouldn't have to hunt by houses, pigs not dumb they fenced the pigs out of the forest so over time the remaining pigs move down and multiply to the point everybody sees pigs by the houses and non hunters says get choke pigs and why the hunters grumbling about no pigs ,get plenty. And we who have a right to practice our culture n lifestyle want to hunt . Think about it . In honolulu they never looked into the carrying capacity of humans living there,the amount of land left with rain falling into the ground the aquifers our water source which takes 25 yrs for water to reach cannot produce enough water to keep up with all the people in Honolulu .over a million people in Honolulu . Sound familiar, the big push on rain follows the forest ,WATERSHED . As we speak are DLNR with our f***up governor going to double the watershed areas on all island and will be fenced and eradicated . But NEVER will they put the blame where it belongs . Just like our DLNR no game management plan with a carry capacity of our game animals so they can say get too much gotta kill them . Hunters f** ck up just like everybody else BUT they making a big deal out of it because they want HAWAII for themselves n f**ck our lifestlye n culture.What has happend cannot change those f** ck ups but we can change our future for us and future hunters to be by getting involved and helping with this statewide hunting law suit. How much more people on this forum going to sit back n get f**cked . To the people who f**cked up be more careful stop putting fuel on the fire by not making hunters look bad .

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty GRAVY

Post  D-LINE Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm

ALL THIS BULLSHIT IS BECAUSE OF CARELESNESS WHILE LOOKING FO THE GRAVY FO TOP OFF THE RICE. clown clown's
D-LINE
D-LINE
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm

The bottom line is for us my Braddah's & Sistah's is we have to come out and speak to everyone you know and let them know what is happening to our culture our way of life that is getting stepped on by our Government and share and bring our situation to light! Right now there is no one in Government who shares our views and we need to change all this by the next coming Election. The more people hear about what the government is doing the better chance we stand to beat them and put a stop to this whole non sence.You have the power to make a difference support the PELE DEFENSE FUND!! Let's not think about ourselves, think about our children!!

Sheld'z,
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:25 pm

It is very important that everyone interested in saving hunting with dogs for the future hunters stay involved! If you read the resolution it states “no hunting dogs shall be permitted within 500 yards of private residences in the City and County of Honolulu” Where do you keep your dogs? 500 yards away from all houses? The resolution should have been written as "No dogs hunting within 500 yards of private residences" 500 yards is a little over 1/4 mile! I dunno anywhere where there is access to the mountains and the nearest house is not just around a corner! It comes down to being responsible guys! If you cannot control a dog you gotta leave that dog home until you can! If you gotta cut down on the # of dogs you taking to keep control of your pack, Do it! The Humane Society asked the County Council to include a 1 dog per hunter limit, Luckily they did not include that in their request to DLNR! It is not the safest method for the hunter or dog! I dunno who at DLNR would be in charge of making these changes to Title 13 Chapter 123 but if they do make changes I hope they realize what the County Council was asking for isn't realistically practical!

Written permission to hunt Private Property makes sense except if you're the land owner who has to write these papers out and collect these papers back when you decide you don't want a certain hunter on your property any more! If I had a pasture owned by a family member and wanted to take MauiRhino & couple friends for a run while they visit I would have to ask my family for a permission slip for everyone or would just my slip be sufficient for the group? I think having to get these permission slips going lead to alot of willing landowners saying "f it already I no like deal with that" and believe me willing landowners already ain't lining up even if you say you'll sign a waiver!

It all comes down to responsible party, You like make ass? Put your name on it! No matter what your name all of us belong to a group, HUNTERS! We gotta do our best to not bring shame to this name!

Now on to cats roaming the street, bush, neighborhoods and everywhere else! If it doesn't have a tag it is considered a feral cat, Catch it and turn it into the shelters! I dunno about the neighbor islands but Big Island has a very big problem with them! They are everywhere and being helped to multiply by organizations such as Advocats! I think something must be done to control their population in order to save the native bird population, Maybe should call the DLNR and ask them? Laughing Wouldn't be suprised they use that as their next reason for take and fence off an area!

Lastly if you ain't got a license to hunt, Get 1!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:57 pm

This Resolution will be very difficult to enforce if it is enforced upon how you are understanding it's language. A lot of non hunters own hunting or working dogs used for hunting and they will never hunt that dog but if you're following this the way it reads you can't even own a bird dog! It all depends on how you're reading this Resolution! A hunting dog is a hunting dog something she never thought about!!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Sheld- The way it is written makes sense to you and I because we understand what they're trying to accomplish! I had my lil sister read it and tell me what she thought, She said "So how are you supposed to get your dogs to the hunting area without driving past these houses!" Rolling Eyes I hope DLNR writes it in better detail because the way it has been given to them leaves me scratchin my head!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:56 pm

I don't know of a trail head any place on this island that is more than 500 YARDS from a house.

So that means as soon as you drop the tailgate and your dog is on the ground leashed or not you are in violation.

HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 pm

These people are quick to judge us hunters as soon as one hunter does wrong every hunter gets the blame. We are all in this together weather you like it or not. So we all have to be mindfull of our actions. Every action has a re-action!!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  knockout Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Here we go again...some donkey's screwing everything up for everbody...!

1. This is a tresspass issue, weather you get written permission or verbal permission main thing you get permission from the landowner. All these issues are about hunters who had NO permission to be around there in the first place.

2. Having DLNR manage pig hunting is a bad idea. They never going have money to feed the pigs to keep them there, and even if they feed em, theres no way to garuntee the pigs going stay there anyways. What they going do is say, Lets make a pig lottery like Lanai deer hunting, and pull weekends, or get so much hunters that we should close it down for couple years. They cannot even manage what they get, adding pig hunting only going make it worst...!

3. Its been said already, hunters need to be resposible, and respectful.

Bottom line, always going get donkys who screw things up for everybody.

knockout
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

TODAYS NEWS Empty Honolulu call chair bill aila

Post  hunters6262 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:13 am

Honolulu get on the phone and call chairman bill aila n hold him to your request n request a public meeting right away . Since we been putting pressure on the big island with the statewide hunting law suit he knows get major problems n aware there is major problems n going to get sued . Honolulu don't be relaxed that is what they want they want u to do sit back n do nothing (like most hunters /people not helping with the hunting law suit ). Remember DLNR is only the Stewart of the land not the owner ,YOU ARE,so get what you need n not except anything else. Get minds together n know what you want n know the answer to your questions u asking to defend yourself n don't be afraid to go for it . They want us to be plantation mentality no grumble n get shit on but when you come n come correct n respectful they know you not going away n they have to act according to there fiduciary responsibility TO YOU OWNERS of the land . Get involved n fight but fight calmly n respectly n hard core . And keep what belongs to you and for the future of Hawaii kids . We owe that to our future now n the kids to be ,to have there culture n tradition in place after we gone . Men /Ladies go for it .
Joe Griffiths

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 am

Well said, Joe.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar