Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs

2 posters

Go down

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs Empty CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs

Post  Misadventure Gear Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Found some interesting material this morning. The Center for Disease Control posted a case study of three men who contracted brucellosis after hunting feral hogs in Florida. It is important to note that the disease is also found here in Hawaii. It appears that all three men contracted the disease while field dressing the hogs, and family members who ate the properly cooked meat did not get sick. Although not touched on in the article, wearing proper PPE (personal protective equipment) such as rubber gloves can help reduce your chances of getting infected. Also be sure the meat is fully cooked. I did read somewhere once that if you freeze the meat for at least 6 weeks, it also kills the brucella pathogen. If anyone else has information about brucellosis, please share it with us.....

The article can be found here:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5822a3.htm?s_cid=mm5822a3_e
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs Empty nuts article

Post  papaa puaa Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:12 am

Aloha hay-n mahalos for the info neva know that guting the pig can effect you heavy if you not safe, by the way jus wonderin if you know of any hunters from upcountry found two dogs this past friday or saturday i lost my friends two dogs in kipahulu both pit mix one brown w/white chest and one pure brown if you know of or hear anything you can reach me at 268-2634 theres a reward for the return even though the dogs is sheady its just that my friend is one nagging cry baby and i feel bad anywayz aloha and mahalos

papaa puaa
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs Empty Re: CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry, Cuz, I saw your other post about the missing dogs, but I can't help you. I'll keep my eyes and ears open though and let you know if I find out something. How you went do in da tournament?
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs Empty solid

Post  papaa puaa Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Right on kanaks thanks for responding to the post that would be one big help if you can keep one eye out and if you hear anything let me know . anywayz we neva weigh in our boar i was all sick from loosing the dogs but weighed out at 125 young boy kiko color ,lookin forward to brada david kananas tournament in july huntem hard . right on bu take care and keep on huntin!

papaa puaa
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs Empty Re: CDC Case Study of Bucellosis in Feral Hogs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down