Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proper Gun Storage

2 posters

Go down

Proper Gun Storage Empty Proper Gun Storage

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:25 am

I've got a few rifles I keep locked away from my kids in a safe and was wondering about silica gels or maybe some other helpful tips that you guys could offer as to how I should be storing my rifles?? MB?? Koa Boa?? Anybody?? I currently always clean my rifles after every hunt and then reoil them before placing them in a gun sock inside of the safe and when a few of the boys come by and ask to check out my gear I usually try and wipe them down with a gun cloth before placing them back in the safe. Is this sufficient?? What about storing ammo?? Can I keep them with the guns in the safe?? Thanks for the advice guys!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Proper Gun Storage Empty Re: Proper Gun Storage

Post  Koa Boa Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:27 am

Sounds good cuz!

I use dehumidifying rods in my safes, silica is ok too but you need to make sure you have enough for the space you have in your safe. Theres ones that you can re-use after they become saturated you put them in the oven for awhile till they dry out again then its good to go. I use ammo cans with silica paks locked etc for ammo storage. if you have room in your safe for the amount of ammo you have then I dont see a problem with that.

Shoots!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:47 am

Cherry! I know what you mean bout space for the ammo, Especially with the ammo buying craze going on I might just have to get another safe for bullets! Laughing Thanks for the response! I gotta check out Sports Authority for one Dehumidifier.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum