Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTA Eradication information

3 posters

Go down

PTA Eradication information Empty PTA Eradication information

Post  Turkey Joe Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Hey guys,
Those of you who hunt the Big Island might find this interesting.

Public Information Meetings

The Army’s Pōhakuloa Training Area (PTA), Natural Resources Office will be hosting three public information meetings from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm:
Date: Venue:
Monday August 17 Waimea State Office Building Conference Room, Waimea
Tuesday August 18 Waikoloa Village Community Center, Waikoloa
Wednesday August 19 UH Hilo Ho’oulu Terrace, UCB Room 127, 200 W. Kawili St. Hilo

The Army is required to construct large-scale fence units at PTA and remove feral animals to protect endangered and threatened plant and animal species and habitat. This project fulfills Army regulatory requirements in accordance with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Endangered Species Act. The Natural Resources Office will present an initiative to utilize volunteers and public hunters to remove sheep, goats and pigs from a recently completed 5,000 acre fence unit.
All public are invited to attend any or all meetings. For further information please contact Peter Peshut, PTA Biologist, at (808) 969-1966.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

PTA Eradication information Empty Re: PTA Eradication information

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the meetings Joe! I am not sure if any of you have seen this "new" fence but last time I went up there was fences going in all kinds of directions! They no more anywhere for run but into the impact zone!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah Rajah Dat Cruzah, I believe they have about 15-20 miles of fence to build in the next 2-3 yrs something like that. Thats actually our sister program as I work for the Army program here on Oahu. Im glad that theyre working with the community and hopefully it all works out where the community can go and hunt out the fences etc. Tell your Uncle cherry his vid's I enjoyed them Mahalo!!!

Mahalo Bradda Joe for the info!

Aloha No!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: