Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maui hunting

2 posters

Go down

Maui hunting Empty Maui hunting

Post  j5dan Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:30 am

Hello all

I am moving from Alaska to Maui for the winter and would love to do some hunting. I bow hunt and upland bird hunt and am wondering how the hunting is on public land for both. I see that there are a few spots to hunt on public land and am wondering if it is very good. I am asking because I am packing and am wondering if I should bring a shotgun and bow, and also my wifes bow if there is alot of oppurtunity. I hunt a lot and am used to walking and packing miles with a heavy load.

Thanks for your comments

j5dan
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Maui hunting Empty Re: Maui hunting

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 am

Bring them both!!!! Bird season is about to open. It runs from Nov 1 to mid-Jan (Martin Luther King Day) Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays only. There are pheasants, chukars, francolins, quail and doves. Bowhunting on public land is open year-round except legal bird days. Depending on the area you can go for pigs, goats nad axis deer. In my opinion the hunting is pretty good, but then again, I've NEVER had a bad day of hunting--regardless of whether I harvested something or not.... Very Happy
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum