Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FALLEN COMRADES

5 posters

Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty FALLEN COMRADES

Post  hog428 Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:25 am

We all know of boars that have taken the lives of our comrades [dogs for the people reading this that know NOTHING of what we do] I wright in memory of a fallen comrade his name MANA red nose bull I think it was mid dec 2000 I saw his mark I had never seen anything that f.........ing big I had been hunting hogs in this place for 5 years the word got out there is a monster up the line his mark was below were I hunt I would come for hunt there would be 5/ 6 truck and trailer loads of dogs as I would pass the other hunters I would say to myself let that punk come up in my zone my bulls will peal your ass YA It was like a fever all the guys were so ........you guys know what I mean this went on for 2 3 weeks and he would go some were else be gone then he would be back kick-en ass putting some in the vet and some in the ground I known somebody reading this will rember this day when I came to the check in box I looked up the road here comes a white ford truck door open running nobody in sight it stopped I walked over and turned it off then I heard them a pack of hounds rolling him I mean pure action than I saw him run across the pasture and one man about 50 yards be hind that boar slammed on the breaks and started handing out ass kickens he was running dogs down I never met this guy I could here him yelling he was not cheering one time there must have ben 30 plus dogs through the day that a group of hunters put on him when I came out that day there were dogs all over the road cut up just put down it looked like a war zone I was wanting my shot so bad I went to the one guy who could tell you were to find him Willie for the guys who know this man they will tell you the same he's the real deal 70 plus young and still hunts deeper than most no SHIT he can turn a poodle into a pit he warned me wait your turn if its ment to be it will be so this one is mean In my mind I was cocky and stupid this boar was no joke he told me were to find him if it was a sunny day bad spot to take him on you had to come from under his bunker I went anyway he was home I heard him grunt I rember thinking I got your ass I was coming up on him he had opened a spot in the fern he had no fear he was in the zone I got 10 feet away pulling my knife out he put his head down in the fern when he came up he dropped Mana at my feet through my bitch over his back cut bad looked at me and left the WINNER The shit in my head for days two weeks later Im at the gas station and another hunter smiles and walks over whats up! hey [Crammer] what's up and he told me the story how he took him out with one border collie and a 12 gage 3 feet in front of him It's like Willie said who kills this one was ment to be It was a lesson that coast me my most .....................comrade RIP
would love to here of your fallen comrads

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty LIVE BY THE BOAR. DIE BY THE BOAR.

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 am

Alohaz
I just lost my main dog a few months back. He could do the job of three dogs by himself. A truly exceptional animal. He either completely loved or hated boars. I can count the number of sows he caught on one hand. It was 12 years of pullin up nothing but boars. Needless to say that he will be missed.

Check out my other vids on you tube under MAUKAKANE1
ALOHAZ - MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty Re: FALLEN COMRADES

Post  hog428 Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

nice dedication some dogs just have the magic

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty THE MAGIC

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 am

ALOHA hog428
Mahaloz. Sorry to hear about Mana. Boars,old age,disease,accident however it goes down,when it's a close trusted friend it's never easy. I feel you!
For me this dog has become the "standard" at which I want my line to re-achieve. Realistically though I may never hit that mark again. The "magic" that you mentioned is that extra intangible factor that as masters we cannot give them. I was truly blessed to hunt along side him. I'd probably have a better chance of hitting it big in Vegas than duplicate him again.
He gave unconditionally all the way. I seriously believe that these types of relationships are the purest of relationships even above the human to human kind. (hope the wifey doesn't read this!) lol!
Seriously, I think he could count the days or something because every saturday just before the alarm clock sounded off, he would bitch and moan until I got up.He lived outside in the kennels and knew when I was awake because between the noise he would make, he would stop and listen. When he could hear me moving around inside the house he would be completely silent until I went and got him on lead. He was just making sure that I got my ass out of bed. Sleep Sleep Sleep Shocked good memories.
It's not about how many times we get knocked down, but it's about how many times we get back up. Very Happy
ALOHAZ hog428 from me and mine to you and yours HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hitch em up.
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty fallen comrades

Post  AK Andy Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Howzit Hog428? Aloha from Alaska. Really sorry to hear about Mana. I can relate bigtime. I only been around dog and knife hunting for just a few years, helped sew one dog up in April that got tusked by a boar on Kauai, since I am a Clinician and I suture a lot of people in my clinic. Up here I sew up a few dogs too from bears and other dogs. Plus pull porcupine quills all the time. I have been lucky to enjoy pushing the bush with a few whippets, bulls, and catahoulas for hogs too. Hog Wild is my close friend and I have known him long enough to have been lucky enough to see his Aces work and sometimes with other guys dogs too. Later to feel the sense of loss when a big boar sent them to the happy hunting grounds. One other friend Wailua friend just had to take his Ace to the vet a couple weeks ago for a bad gash up her rear end. A boss boar I am hoping to kill if he is still around in 2 months when I get back on island. I am a lifelong hunter and consequently a dog man. To me there is nothing sweeter than working close as a team with a dog that has "the gift". No matter what kind of hunting. I grew up with a lot of working dogs. Coon hunting with blue ticks, black and tans, and walker hounds. Rabbit hunting with beagles, and bird hunting with spaniels, german shorthairs, and also water fowl hunting with labs. My kin used pit bulls in FL for hogs too and I loved some of those too. Too many stories I could share of many miraculous dog things I witnessed. Dogs that shared dedication and heart deeper than any non-dogman could comprehend. Uncanny abilities that came automatic to them and actually were not likely trained into them, they just had it, an ability to comprehend the hunt with us and perform tasks we shared together beyond any expectation. It makes me fell all mushy to think of the common bond I shared with them. (By the way Maukakane1, I loved your video clip) that was a really nice commemoration brah. Despite having worked with a lot of dogs that were really good ones, I had a dog a few years ago that was what I would call a "Once in a lifetimer". His name was Porter. He was so brilliant, a real natural. God how I miss him. I recognized his power and energy early on when he was 6 weeks and he only got better and better. I could talk story about him to no end. To say he was above average would be an understatement. He was like the Einstein of the dog world and he used his intelligence and spirit to live, like I do, for hunting. He too could count, and he honestly could spell too. True story! You could spell a word, so as (like with a kid) to not get him excited or in on the topic and that bugga could even understand what you spelled (no lie). Honestly Porter could foresee the future, he knew what I was going to do before I did, even before my body language could tell him. Beyond prediction, he knew what other animals were gonna do before they did, and this helped him successfully catch everything. His mannerisim was beyond compare. Mellow in general and an intense fighter, strong neck, but gentle at all times unless he needed to be different. Anyone that ever met him instantly fell in love with him, and they all were amazed and astounded to interact with him or to hunt with him and see him work. I wanted to breed him and get a pup, but I had limited bitches to choose from. One kind of hyper bitch that had a lot of papers was my choice. So I got pick of the litter for the sire fee. I was told not to breed him for less than $1500, since he came from a long blood line of AKC papers on both sides. I had more family tree info about generations of both sides of his family than of my own. His mom won field trials one year and the his father had won state field trials the year before that. Not that this means a lot in my opinion, as I seen some brilliant mutts with no papers. But for trainability this dog had it in spades. Anything I tried to teach him took one time only and he was an instant genious, it was more like he taught himself. Porter was one of those dogs that just did every single thing right. Anyhow, I got this pick of the litter male pup from him in hopes to continue the legacy .........As time went on, he even was there to role model for his son for almost 2 years . I found out that it just couldn't happen, his son was a different dog. Porter died at 7 years old from Cancer and I will cherish the memories of him until the day I die. My son will likely tell the stories I share about him. The pup, Moose, I got from him is a good dog, he means well and is dedicated, but the fact is that he is just not as incredible and astounding as his dad was. This is what made me conclude that some dogs are just once in a lifetimers. Sure I had some great dogs before Porter, but we can get more dogs in our life and train them and some turn out to be great ones, but from my experience, you may only get one or two more that almost compare, each one is different and magnificent in their own ways, but the way it has worked for me is that the majority pale in comparison to the ones that touched your heart the deepest in memory of their capability. Sometimes I get a glimmer of Porter, in how I see his son (Moose) performs, but this is like only 1-5% of the time. After Porter, they broke the mold, I doubt I will ever see another that could make the strides he did or fill the shoes he did. I love em all. To me we are blessed to get to share time with these wonderful dogs and their spirits as we hunt with them but it is more of a miracle when we find the ones that we relate to so much that they share the intensity of our passion above and beyond our own expectations. From one dog man to another, you have my sincere sympathy for having lost Mano, in closing, I will say, at least he went while enjoying the thing he loved to do most. I hope I am so lucky when my day comes.
Mahalos for the posting brah, you made me recall a lot of good memories, I know a lot of guys got a lot of incredible dogs, some of which just have "the magic" we are talking about, keep the faith
Aloha,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I love this thread no matter what if you like another guy or you hate em we all have these stories in common...this is the memories of your best freinds closer than people get. And no matter what part of the world you are from, race ,religion , Wink or gender the spiritual connection you have with your main dogs are the same
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty were do they come from

Post  hog428 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 am

were do they come from??? Mana past years past I just felt it to be fitting to tell his story he I think he was a student of my desires he fed my family for two hard years of life he showed me how to hunt hogs he hunted 20 yards in front of me if you made noise he would look at you like you were a dumb ass I saw him pin many boars before they even stood up when he gave you that look you better be ready the shit was about to hit the fan he had 4 litters he loved his own puppies he hunt all day come home and lay on the ground and let the puppies climb all over him he always had time for them he was a trip I see him in all my dogs today but none could fill his shoes one more thing my wife gave me a choice her or him I have no regrets

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FALLEN COMRADES Empty RIP I'MUA BOY!!!

Post  uka boaz Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 am

Well all i can say is i'd rather have my dog die of wat he loved doing then to have some jack a**
shootingum just becuz he thought he was a wild dog.

Well the story begin's... on october 13,2011 it was on a thursday 4:00 in da afternoon me n my frend's
loaded up da coon's then headed for a da ranch.....so wen we got to our spot i told my frend we
kick back little while then we start cuz kinda early yet so we waited till about 4:30pm then
the hunt begins.....so we start wallking in my ranch but i noticed my dog imua neva have his cut collar on so
i told my frend shuck's we kinda far fo get his collar so i said to mike neva mind we go so den we went on
then all of a suddin the dog's went out so we waited n waited n waited for da dog's action someting
but at da same time there's is another ranch rite below where we hunting that has wild dog's comeing in
and pounding the owner's cattle and i happend to know the owner of the ranch but not knowing the owner
for da rach had his worker in da same place we hunting looking fo da wild dog's but at da sametime we did'nt
know that my dog's wen drift into da owner's ranch... so i looked at my frend and said this no feel right
then my frend looked at me and said u beta call da dog's back i said ok......Then that's wen all hell broke lose all we heard was a loud shot that was fired and a dog screaming bloody murder i told my frend that's probably da wild dog so we started yelling no shoot.... then we hear da truck door close and digin OUT so we start calling my dog's back only 4 came back the last dog happend to be my ace imua: I STILL SICK till
this day he was a dog of a warrior's BLOOD LINE that was scard from head to toe that's why i named him i'mua.... he was not only a hunting dog but he was like family to me i wish i could post pic's but dont know how....Mahalo for reading this. RIP BOY Sad
uka boaz
uka boaz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down