Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

approached by DLNR today

Go down

approached by DLNR today Empty approached by DLNR today

Post  hunta Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:01 am

howzit guys. first time posting to the forum. had my first run in with a DLNR officer today. i was near a friend of mines house in windward oahu when a couple of pigs came out of the bushes. there was a 40~ sow, 3 pigglets, and nice 140~ boar with some nice tusks. i had some old bread lying around in my truck and started throwing some down to the pigs. they came right in and just as i was throwing the last couple of pieces, a DLNR marked suv pulled up. the officer got out and asked me what i was doing. i responded politely and he was talking to me about how some hunters go into the stream and shoot the pigs. (i was also getting tempted to go down if i had the bow) anyways after talking with him for a while we shook hands and left. just wanted to share this with you guys and if you guys had any run-ins that were good or bad would be good to know which officers are the ones we hunters gotta look out for.
aloha

hunta
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down