Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the dead

+7
4X4TOYOTA
honu ea
Ikestr
AK Andy
CAVE CANEM
UpFront
Vidinha
11 posters

Go down

Back from the dead Empty Back from the dead

Post  Vidinha Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

After being lost in action for some months and in a major bullshit rutt, the decision was made, I gotta kill something. Around noon on Wednesday Bradda Paka n I was talk'n about how it"s time for me to get my mojo back n for us to get in the hills and put some meat in the smoker, shortly after that bradda Joe called, " So what bro, You ready?" he said. We talked about it for a bit n decided, we got the place, it's time, lets go. Got into my spot around 6:30 while Paka n Joe headed to their spots, a couple minutes passed n I started seeing movement, so I shot a text to the boys, " Hea they come". I told Paka to try sneak back in cuz he wasn't at his spot yet. As I watched Paka sneak around to where I saw the pigs, I could hear noises to my right, I turned around to look n just then two nice hogs stepped out of the bush n into a big clearing. I called Paka n told him to haul ass over because the pigs were in the clearing n they were getting farther away. By the time Paka got to me, the pigs were about 80 to 100 yards out n we decided to pull a stalk. After being busted a couple times going from tree to tree for about another 200 yards we finally closed the distance to about 25 yards. I hunkered behind a bush while Paka was on the edge of some grass when I see him draw his bow, I thought to myself " here we go, this pig gonna get it", just then I see him draw down n look at me. I had no shot so I tried to find one, then I saw a small 10 by 10 hole between branches but the boar was ass in some tall grass facing me, I figured what the hell, I'll put one in his spine. I drew my bow back n just then the pig looked up at me chomp'n his jaws so I settled into just off center of his chest n let the arrow fly. the arrow flew true n straight n hit its mark, the pig just stiffened up a bit, stepped out of the grass, did a couple spins n ran back in the grass. Just then, I hear Paka's voice, " Eh, You hit em or what", lol, then we hear the boar go down with a low growl. Hi fives n chee hooo's ensued, then we called Joe with the good news. Mahalo's to Bradda Paka n Bradda Joe. It takes good brothers to pull a man out of hell n make him see whats really important.

Back from the dead 0203101856a_3017052

Back from the dead 0203101913a_3989012

Back from the dead 0203102113a_3295182
We go make sausage
Aloha

Last edited by Vidinha on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead Empty Re: Back from the dead

Post  UpFront Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

Awwwwryte Braddah Cory! Glad to see you back.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 am

Cherry boar!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:54 am

Rajah dat, I not 100% yet, still dealing with shit, but little by little I'm work'n on being back full force. I'm pick'n up the pieces n I'm back on line now and I plan on collecting more bones so I'll be post'n the pic's as I go. Give my a call Bradda Dave, you still got my number? We go put somth'n together.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead Empty Nice shot!

Post  AK Andy Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:39 am

Howzit Vidinha?
Right On, Congrats on the nice boar, glad to hear you are climbing out of the rut. Nothin like some time in da woods to get back to the real life good stuff that matters.
I always wondered if a front on shot would work with an arrow. Maybe I'll try it if that's the only angle I got. If you don't mind me askin, How many pound draw weight you pull, and what kine of broadheads, also I am curious how many yards did he go and if it was a good blood trail?
Makes me get pumped to bowhunt hogs in a couple weeks. Plus I need a break from the winter chill up here. Thanks for postin your pics
Alohaz,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:27 am

Howzit Andy. Mahalos for the congrats. Ya, I was in da dumps for a while, still kinda am but, oh well, gotta move on and do my thang as I've always done it. Things will come back around and life will be as normal as it can be, it'll just be a little different.
I shot it with my Hoyt Ultra tek, 90lb draw. Shot an Easton FMJ 300 spine with a bunker buster broad head. Put the 291/2 inch arrow about 24 inches. The shot was high by an inch or two so I think I got one of the arteries going into the heart, but I know I got the lungs and the liver. Didn't have too much blood because it pretty much stayed in the chest cavity but the pig only went about 10-15 yards, Paka and I heard it crash and die.
I'll post more pics, I think we going again on Sunday. If not, I got some days off this week so I'll hit the hills then.

Aloha,
Cory
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikestr Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:37 am

Corey, Great story and glad to see your back. Missed your reads and pics.

Aloha, Ike
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Mahaloz Bradda Ike. Eh, we going make sausage again pretty soon, bring your ohana down, it's gonna be a good time. going be windward side. I let you know when we get the date set.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead Empty wow

Post  honu ea Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:22 pm

can i come too pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!
honu ea
honu ea
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 pm

I donno, gotta ask Ike, nah, Rajah, you da car bomb man. I was talk'n to Joe about em last night, look'n like we going do it in two weeks. We talk about it tonight, what time you like hook up?
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  4X4TOYOTA Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:21 am

wassup bradda cory its been long time
solid boar you got with joe them.
hows the 22 mag working out
shoots IkaIka

4X4TOYOTA
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Deleted account Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:53 am

Last edited by SATO on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Deleted account
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead Empty back from the dead

Post  Lyle B Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Sup Braddah Cory, good too see u back in action. Really, not surprise u pound one pig ur first day back with the bow cuz that's how u roll. Keep on posting ur hunt, let's see some widow action! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha, Lyle

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead Empty Back from the dead

Post  Pachuco Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Aloha my brahda, back from the dead alright. Good to hear from you. Hope family is all doing OK. Kauai is always waiting for the return of the Vidinah's. Nice hog for start of the year and knowing you it's not the last. Keep in touch, my phone # is still the same. Take care and keepup with the good hunting, Aloha, Matt.

Pachuco
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 am

Bradda Cory! Good to have you back! I was wondering where you went. Right on with the hog and no worry about being in the dumps brah we get like that from time to time its coming out of it that really matters!

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 am

Howzit fellazzzzz. Sorry, I jacked up my computer but all good now.
Bradda Ikaika: long time no talk. That 22 is one KILLAH, I put down some big hogs with that thing from good distance. I stay down Kaha side plenty, next time I in the neighborhood I'll stop by chack you out.
Sato: Mahaloz my bradda. Howz dem hogs, still killenum?
LYLE: Bra! When you going come home? The boys n I stay planning one Colorado trip, I told them all about you n how you going put us on some monster elk. I going get my Widow back in action this week, kinda lost track of the spiritual side of archery, I gotta get it back. Give me a call anytime brother, my number still the same.
Bradda Matt: We come'n, fo real. I dont know if Kauai went recover from last time tho,lol. When me n Joey come Kauai the island small kind shutters n the word gets put out, " The Vidinha's are coming, keep your daughters in the house, hide the rum n tie up your horses good cause all hell's about to break loose", atleast until Auntie Elsie start scream'n, then we gotta be good. I'll give you a call this weekend, we go talk story.
Jerry: Howzit man? you still hunt"n? I hear you been going Waipio plenty. give me a call, we go hook up. Ya bradda, I was bummin REAL HARD n was com'n out of it then I had small kine stumble again, but it's all good now, just gotta stay focused on whats real n get in da mountains as much as possible. I going start running my hounds again as soon as I can fix my damn truck, but will always let the arrow fly.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Deleted account Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 am

Last edited by SATO on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Deleted account
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 am

Shoots, I call you tomorrow. I might come up in March, we go hunt.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down